Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

LoL, I don't remember Lance Storm or Dean Malenko getting anyone to pop. If Storm was alone in ECW, he would of been nothing. He didn't do anything til tagging up with Candido or Incredible.

I liked Malenko, but Storm was nothing special. Always felt people considered him good by association and by association I mean the Hart Dungeon. He was also prone to blowing spots and never really sold all that well.

I haven't seen much of Danielson but it doesn't take much to make a crowd of less than 1500 to pop, probably.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMGZ!!! CENA IS DA BEST IN THE WORLD!!!! DANIELSON CAN'T KICK OUT OF THAT MOVE!!1!

Seriously though, news on the ROH PPV? I'm still interested in getting it.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
...and what exactly is that? Using the same weak looking submission move because you have to talk over the match with your opponent ever 3 minutes?

Orton sucks.

If you think Orton's chinlocks look weak, you aren't watching wrestling. Whether you think rest hold are boring or not, Orton actually makes those holds look legit. Talk to anyone who has been trained.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
I haven't seen much of Danielson but it doesn't take much to make a crowd of less than 1500 to pop, probably.

Now Brian you say that like we could get in a ring and make it happen.

I may just be re-stating some opinions here. But, IMO the only reason why Orton is looked down upon is because he sucks on the mic, and isn't all that great in the ring.

Now someone like a Benoit, Malenko, Danielson, Storm, etc. can almost get away with being bad on the mic because they're so good in the ring.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 12:24 AM)
Just watched the Whitmer/Jacobs cage match from Supercard of Honor II...as Joey Styles would say. OH MY GOD! The best match i've seen so far this year.

Did you see the resulting Jimmy Loves Lacey videos they had on www.rohvideos.com? I saw the last one and laughed my ass off at the end of Day 4's.

And Brian -- there are good technical wrestlers (Hart, Storm etc. etc.) and there are terrible professional wrestlers (i.e. Orton) Hell, even the Messiah of the Cravate, Chris Hero, is more entertaining in the ring than Orton.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:25 PM)

OMGZ!!! CENA IS DA BEST IN THE WORLD!!!! DANIELSON CAN'T KICK OUT OF THAT MOVE!!1!

If you think Orton's chinlocks look weak, you aren't watching wrestling. Whether you think rest hold are boring or not, Orton actually makes those holds look legit. Talk to anyone who has been trained.

Who do you know that has been "trained"? Did SIU come up with a wrestling promotion in the 2 years since I left Carbondale?

Love the yellow pants that Cena is sporting. I miss Ernest The Cat Miller. That guy was hilarious in the ring and on the mic, I loved when he was on television.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:13 PM)
LoL, I don't remember Lance Storm or Dean Malenko getting anyone to pop.

I will give you Lance Storm, he was pretty bland even though a great technical wrestler, but you are dead wrong on Malenko.

There was a great part of Impact on Thursday between Nash and Black Machismo...

Black Machismo: "Yeah! Slammiversary is near!"

Kevin Nash: "Do you even know who you got?"

BM: "Mmmhmmm! Snake Roberts!"

KN: "No, you don't have Snake Roberts, you got Sabin."

[pause]

BM: "but Snake Roberts ruined my wedding..."

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 03:27 PM)
There was a great part of Impact on Thursday between Nash and Black Machismo...

Black Machismo: "Yeah! Slammiversary is near!"

Kevin Nash: "Do you even know who you got?"

BM: "Mmmhmmm! Snake Roberts!"

KN: "No, you don't have Snake Roberts, you got Sabin."

[pause]

BM: "but Snake Roberts ruined my wedding..."

:lolhitting

So last night's Dragon/Nigel match will be part of the 2nd ROH PPV, which means the Dragon/KENTA match in a few weeks here will be DVD only. Pretty interesting way to do it, but the match last night was a supposedly a MOTY candidate.

And in completely unsurprising news, the Briscoes were involved in another fantastic match, this time with the KOW.

The schedule for the 1st PPV is here: http://www.indemand.com/viewProductShowtim...mp;prodId=65878

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 04:40 PM)
So last night's Dragon/Nigel match will be part of the 2nd ROH PPV, which means the Dragon/KENTA match in a few weeks here will be DVD only. Pretty interesting way to do it, but the match last night was a supposedly a MOTY candidate.

And in completely unsurprising news, the Briscoes were involved in another fantastic match, this time with the KOW.

The schedule for the 1st PPV is here: http://www.indemand.com/viewProductShowtim...mp;prodId=65878

What is the match line up for the 1st PPV?

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
What is the match line up for the 1st PPV?

ROH Title

Takeshi Morishima © vs BJ Whitmer

Naomichi Marifuji vs Rocky Romero

Davey Richards vs Erick Stevens

ROH Tag Titles

Briscoe Brothers © vs Claudio Castagnoli and Matt Sydal

Sara Del Ray vs Daizee Haze

Kevin Steen and El Generico vs Irish Airborne vs Jimmy Rave and Adam Pearce vs Pelle Primeau and Mitch Franklin in a tag scramble match

Roderick Strong vs Delirious

Takeshi Morishima and Bryan Danielson vs Nigel McGuinness and KENTA

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 09:10 AM)
Did you see the resulting Jimmy Loves Lacey videos they had on www.rohvideos.com? I saw the last one and laughed my ass off at the end of Day 4's.

"I saw it on her myspace, thats how i knew she loved ferris wheels" It was a nicely done series, the ending to day 4 taking the cake of course.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)
Davey Richards vs Erick Stevens

Sara Del Ray vs Daizee Haze

Kevin Steen and El Generico vs Irish Airborne vs Jimmy Rave and Adam Pearce vs Pelle Primeau and Mitch Franklin in a tag scramble match

Almost positive these three are all DVD only. The PPV will be the other matches you listed plus a few in-ring segments. 2 hour run time.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
Not much into ROH like some others here. I just have recently done a little readin on the promotion. What was the basis behind their "Pure Champion" and why was it merged with The Heavyweight title?

Pure title info...

3 rope breaks per wrestler. Once they are out, they cannot rely on the ropes to break a submission or pin attempt.

Strict 20 count on the floor.

No closed fists to the face. First time is a warning, second time that wrestler loses a rope break and if they have none left, they are DQ'ed. Closed fists to other body parts were permitted but none to the face -- slaps and thrusts were okay.

The Pure Title could change hands on a DQ or count out to make sure that they would very likely be a clean, pure finish to the match.

The reason they got rid of the belt is that Nigel McGuinness was a genius with it and did damn near everything that they could with the belt and it really established him as a very talented wrestler in his nearly year long run.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
Not much into ROH like some others here. I just have recently done a little readin on the promotion. What was the basis behind their "Pure Champion" and why was it merged with The Heavyweight title?

I haven't been following it from the beginning, but the Pure Title had a set of rules that went along with it... number of rope breaks, can change hands via countout, etc.

My understanding is that originally it was going to be a belt on the same level as the World Title, but never got there. Most people I talk to blame that on booking more so than the wrestlers themselves. It started to pick up steam once Nigel won it. He pretty much defined the title. The merger was done because they were pretty much running out of ideas for it, or so the story goes.

If they ever put another title in play, it should be stated from the beginning that it's below the World belt.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Jun 10, 2007 -> 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pure title info...

3 rope breaks per wrestler. Once they are out, they cannot rely on the ropes to break a submission or pin attempt.

Strict 20 count on the floor.

No closed fists to the face. First time is a warning, second time that wrestler loses a rope break and if they have none left, they are DQ'ed. Closed fists to other body parts were permitted but none to the face -- slaps and thrusts were okay.

The Pure Title could change hands on a DQ or count out to make sure that they would very likely be a clean, pure finish to the match.

The reason they got rid of the belt is that Nigel McGuinness was a genius with it and did damn near everything that they could with the belt and it really established him as a very talented wrestler in his nearly year long run.

That's actually a great concept for a title belt.

Too bad McMahon is in the "entertainment" industry and not the professional wrestling. :chair

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 9, 2007 -> 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The chinlock is a weak looking move and he uses it too much. I don't know how many wrestlers you have talked to, but I have not gone to any indy shows to ask wrestlers about Randy Orton. I will give him credit and say his headlock and chinlocks are better than Sid's.

News on Tonites RAW

WWE has announced that for tonight’s special edition of RAW featuring the 2007 WWE Draft lottery will kick off with WWE World Champion Edge taking on WWE Heavyweight Champion John Cena.

Also confirmed by the company is that every match on tonight's show will be an "interpromotional" match with the winner of the match earning their respective brand a draft pick.

Tonight's RAW begins one hour earlier at 8 PM Eastern and will go three hours until 11 PM. It will air live from Wilkes-Barre, PA.

I wonder how the lottery is going to go. Benoit to RAW is the only one i have heard as of yet

Edited by kyyle23

More RAW news...

A lot of appearances to happen, such as...Steve Austin, Jesse Ventura, Donald Trump, Jimmy Snuka, Steve-O from jackass, Lou Albano, BRET HART (mark out), Bobby Heenan, Snoop Dogg, Mick Foley, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Mark Cuban, The Iron Shiek, Bob Costas, Dusty Rhodes, & Gene Okerlund... Looks like they're pulling out the stops for McMahon Appreciation Night.

Also expect a return from King Bookahhhhhh! and the rumor is someone big is going to ECW.

This RAW should be good.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
More RAW news...

A lot of appearances to happen, such as...Steve Austin, Jesse Ventura, Donald Trump, Jimmy Snuka, Steve-O from jackass, Lou Albano, BRET HART (mark out), Bobby Heenan, Snoop Dogg, Mick Foley, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Mark Cuban, The Iron Shiek, Bob Costas, Dusty Rhodes, & Gene Okerlund... Looks like they're pulling out the stops for McMahon Appreciation Night.

Also expect a return from King Bookahhhhhh! and the rumor is someone big is going to ECW.

This RAW should be good.

Really? I thought he was never going to appear for the WWE again.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 03:54 PM)
Really? I thought he was never going to appear for the WWE again.

I believe a few of them, including Hart, are taped video pieces about their opinions of McMahon.

And why is the draft such a huge shakeup? Lashley is regularly on Raw and ECW, Matt Hardy is regularly on Raw and SD! It just seems like it is going to help the aforementioned interbrand work less obvious.