Those Obnoxious Boston Fans

LVSoxFan

As I get pumped up for this weekend's series, I remembered how obnoxious the Boston fans are, and how many of them will be there this weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any other visiting team (besides the Cubs) brings as many fans to the Cell as Boston. I don't mean all the way, I mean there's a lot of ex-pats (no pun intended!) that live here in Chicago.

And they are obnoxious. Not only at the park, but also at the bar last year where we watched the final sweep of game three in the division series.

I'm trying to think of visiting team's fans more obnoxious (Oakland springs to mind, Minnesota), but it's not like there's a lot of them at our home games.

Not this weekend, though. You're gonna see a lot of red.

I've got my trash-talkin locked n' loaded...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:56 PM)
Just ask them how Boston did in the playoffs last year.

Yeah, I had two of my office mates eating powerpoint slides of our sweep for quite a while. I would slip a slide in work presentations with the scores of the games, and El Duque's picture, it was classic. So they would be briefing and those slides would pop up and everyone knew they were Sawks fans, and the ribbing would commence.

I might need to brush those off.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
As I get pumped up for this weekend's series, I remembered how obnoxious the Boston fans are, and how many of them will be there this weekend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any other visiting team (besides the Cubs) brings as many fans to the Cell as Boston. I don't mean all the way, I mean there's a lot of ex-pats (no pun intended!) that live here in Chicago.

And they are obnoxious. Not only at the park, but also at the bar last year where we watched the final sweep of game three in the division series.

I'm trying to think of visiting team's fans more obnoxious (Oakland springs to mind, Minnesota), but it's not like there's a lot of them at our home games.

Not this weekend, though. You're gonna see a lot of red.

I've got my trash-talkin locked n' loaded...

That was last year, when they were fresh off of their World Series Title. Like it or not, alot of those fans are now wearing our gear, cheering for our team. With all three games being sellouts, and the whole lower bowl mostly season ticket holders, I would say it will be alot more White Sox fans.

Shoot I just had a great t-shirt idea that I could probably make thousands off of had I had it in time:

A black & white t-shirt with a picture of the head of a broom. Underneath it says:

HEY BOSTON. REMEMBER US?

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
red sox fans are the worst sports fans in the country in any sport....they think they knwo everything, and they think the entire world revolves around the bosox....i cant stand em

Yup.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Shoot I just had a great t-shirt idea that I could probably make thousands off of had I had it in time:

A black & white t-shirt with a picture of the head of a broom. Underneath it says:

HEY BOSTON. REMEMBER US?

No offense, but I wouldn't buy that shirt.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
red sox fans are the worst sports fans in the country in any sport....they think they knwo everything, and they think the entire world revolves around the bosox....i cant stand em

I would take Red Sox fans over Yankee fans any day of the week.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
I would take Red Sox fans over Yankee fans any day of the week.

Spankees..........another team you can ask how their playoffs went last year.

or

Tell them to hang on a second while your eyes adjust to the glare coming from the WS ring.

Okay so fine, nobody's holding their breath waiting for me to become the Trump of T-Shirts!

:bang

ANYWAY, Boston fans really think the booted grounder was why they lost it all? A Buckner play redux? Wow.

I was all for Boston and their '04 series win beause that was, quite simply, amazing (and I hate the Yankees). Now I want to stomp them.

I dislike the Red Cubs more so than the Yankees and the Cubs, so I will be glad when we take at least two of three this weekend.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)

Maybe it's just me, but what annoys me is how they frequently claim exclusive ownership of the nickname 'Sox.' I don't mind it when they're on their own boards (we do it too), but I hate it when I'm at team-neutral baseball sites and how oh so often they refer to the Red Sox as 'Sox' in thread titles or in threads where no "sox" team has been established as being the subject of the conversation yet, as if we don't exist. It's very arrogant. From my experience, White Sox fans almost never do that.

Edited by Sox It To Em

I was at the train yesterday on my way home, and I said to a girl that I'd begun chatting up, I said, "D'you like any sports?" and she said, "I like baseball." Some old guy came up to us and yelled, "CUBS AND RED SOX ALL THE WAY!" and I said, "Ouch, you like both of those teams?" He said, "As long as it's not the Yankees, man I hate the Yankees, the Yankees buy it all, man, and they never go anywhere."

"The way I see it," I said, "the Red Sox are the Yankees with a little less money, and a lot less success."

"That's 'cause we're cursed!"

"Yeah, well, with payrolls like the ones you typically carry, you should be able to make any curse lift."

"We did, man, but those Yankees, they suck."

Then I turned to the girl and she said, "I'm a Sox fan."

Guy says, "All right, another one!" and she said, "White Sox" curtly.

The train arrived, and he got into a different car than us because he was, I guess, intimidated by a loaded Orange Line car.

God, do I hate talking to Cubs fans or Red Sox fans.

I remember going to a White Sox - Red Sox game last year and wow it was very annoying. The Red Sox fans really annoyed me. Of course I can't say the cubs fans did as much this year well because they suck like always..

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 03:40 PM)
"The way I see it," I said, "the Red Sox are the Yankees with a little less money, and a lot less success."

"That's 'cause we're cursed!"

"Yeah, well, with payrolls like the ones you typically carry, you should be able to make any curse lift."

"We did, man, but those Yankees, they suck."

That's it, exactly. They don't realize that they have become what they hate so much.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
I dislike the Red Cubs more so than the Yankees and the Cubs, so I will be glad when we take at least two of three this weekend.

Maybe it's just me, but what annoys me is how they frequently claim exclusive ownership of the nickname 'Sox.' I don't mind it when they're on their own boards (we do it too), but I hate it when I'm at team-neutral baseball sites and how oh so often they refer to the Red Sox as 'Sox' in thread titles or in threads where no "sox" team has been established as being the subject of the conversation yet, as if we don't exist. It's very arrogant. From my experience, White Sox fans almost never do that.

It should be Sox for White Sox and Sawks for Red Sox. People more than likely just carry the internal nickname over to the neutral sites. You can also call the White Sox "The World Champions".