Those Obnoxious Boston Fans

LVSoxFan

last year after we swept this team all you guys could say was "how classy the fans were over at SOSH" and "Boston fans really are great baseball fans"

Now a lot of you are acting like sore losers with this "f*** Boston and everyone who ever lived there" bulls***

We got beat two days in row, man up and let's move on.

Edited by Greg Hibbard

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
last year after we swept this team all you guys could say was "how classy the fans were over at SOSH" and "Boston fans really are great baseball fans"

Are you serious? I seem to remember the word "lucky" being used quite liberally.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:07 PM)

Now a lot of you are acting like sore losers with this "f*** Boston and everyone who ever lived there" bulls***

We got beat two days in row, man up and let's move on.

Dude, how do you figure we are being sore losers? We didnt even win the series when Sox fans were sayin that Boston had classy fans. Im sure Sox fans would still be talking s*** about BoSox fans even if we had won the series.

Fans on SoSH are half classy and half jackasses. I used to be a Red Sox fan until last year when I went to the Cell to see the Sox vs Sox series. I heard about that goddamn "bloody sock" 50 times in half an inning, Red Sox fans would say bulls*** to every strike called against them and any ball given to us. Lots of them were jackasses who admit they didn't even watch the game of baseball. They just knew who Manny and Ortiz were. That's it.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Fans on SoSH are half classy and half jackasses. I used to be a Red Sox fan until last year when I went to the Cell to see the Sox vs Sox series. I heard about that goddamn "bloody sock" 50 times in half an inning, Red Sox fans would say bulls*** to every strike called against them and any ball given to us. Lots of them were jackasses who admit they didn't even watch the game of baseball. They just knew who Manny and Ortiz were. That's it.

I kept asking every Red Cub fan today, so what part of NE do you or your family come from. The answer is, I dont come from NE or my family isnt from NE but I am a really die hard fan from Elgin.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
I kept asking every Red Cub fan today, so what part of NE do you or your family come from. The answer is, I dont come from NE or my family isnt from NE but I am a really die hard fan from Elgin.

That's another thing that pisses me off about their fans. Most of them aren't even from Boston or have anything to do with the state of MA.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Similar ratio that we have over here. It's funny that you gauge your dislike for an entire fan base on a couple red sox fans at the US Cellular who are probably not even from out east. I'm going to go right ahead and think that White Sox fans are complete trash, afterall, I went to this game against Kansas City a few years back, and these two fans ran onto the field and beat the s*** out of Tom Gamboa.

White Sox fans are all trash! :headshake

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's another thing that pisses me off about their fans. Most of them aren't even from Boston or have anything to do with the state of MA.

Yea, thats frustrating as all hell. Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs. If you're a big tool and don't want to root for your home team, those three teams listed are who they claim.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate that. Thats annoying.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
f*** the Red Sox.

End of story.

If you wanna talk about them go to Sonsofsamhorn.

I've got no tolerance for anyone in that organization. They're 10 times worse than the Yankees.

You make some good points. Actually you make no points at all. As an administrator and vocal point of this website, you should be embarrassed.

And, if you're going to suspend me for simply being a Red Sox fan, talk to Jason about making this site a private forum or I will.

The problem I have with Boston fans is that while not as pompous as Yankee fans, they're usually whinier and with a similar level of assumed entitlement, especially with the team's recent success.

Have I met smart Red Sox fans? Sure. A coworker of mine from back in Chicago was a respectable diehard with Northeast roots. My neighbor is from Jersey and was raised a Yankee fan but he and I love talking ball.

It's just too easy to hate them when you see 19-year-old kids bumming around malls in the Valley with red B tattoos covering their entire triceps, SUVs festooned with Yankee trailer hitches, stickers, and license plate frames, and every gardener and busboy in Los Angeles County with either a Yankee or Red Sox cap. They easily outnumber Dodger caps by double.

And then there are the sports radio jocks who remind all of us whenever they get half a chance that "people like drama, and drama is the Red Sox, the Yankees, and sometimes the Angels." Exact words of one of the local mouth-breathers here. Drama is third place in the softest division in the American League, and six games off the pace of the strongest. Who knew?

I didn't read this whole thread...nor do I want to.

I was at Friday's game...and I must say...I was so annoyed by all the Red Sox fans. The main reason being, we were losing, and they were cheering loudly. I had a group of 6 a few rows behind me, and I wanted to punch them all. So, to the Red Sox, and their fans, I say f*** YOU!

In defense (shudders) of the Red Sox fans here, you have to realize the Red Sox fans we deal with in Chicago aren't Red Sox fans. They're Cub fans. Hence the similarities:

Old stadium

Always worrying about attendance

Media blows up every story

Curses

Whiners

Always 2nd best (White Sox/Yankees)

So I don't think it's fair to criticize New England Red Sox fans.

PS, Everyone says they dislike the Yankees, well I can't agree. You can only use the payroll argument for so long. But those teams of the late 90's were damn good teams that weren't just stacked with All-Stars from the year before. If they don't win the World Series the season is a failure! If the Red Sox don't win the WS, it's because of Babe Ruth's ghost.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 08:39 AM)
So I don't think it's fair to criticize New England Red Sox fans.

PS, Everyone says they dislike the Yankees, well I can't agree. You can only use the payroll argument for so long. But those teams of the late 90's were damn good teams that weren't just stacked with All-Stars from the year before. If they don't win the World Series the season is a failure! If the Red Sox don't win the WS, it's because of Babe Ruth's ghost.

Hey, whatever. I didn't poll the crowd to see where they were from. I just know they were cheering too much and I didn't like it. Here, New England, f*** 'em all. And I'm sick of Big Sloppy and Big Sloppy T-Shirts.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, whatever. I didn't poll the crowd to see where they were from. I just know they were cheering too much and I didn't like it. Here, New England, f*** 'em all. And I'm sick of Big Sloppy and Big Sloppy T-Shirts.

You also have to realize that there were more Red Sox fans than White Sox fans on both friday and saturday, which I expected, according to Farmer and Singleton.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 08:45 AM)
You also have to realize that there were more Red Sox fans than White Sox fans on both friday and saturday, which I expected, according to Farmer and Singleton.

Not sure what you are saying. There were not more Boston morons at any of the games. And if there were, how did this follow my post?

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 08:48 AM)
I didn't read this whole thread...nor do I want to.

I was at Friday's game...and I must say...I was so annoyed by all the Red Sox fans. The main reason being, we were losing, and they were cheering loudly. I had a group of 6 a few rows behind me, and I wanted to punch them all. So, to the Red Sox, and their fans, I say f*** YOU!

I hope you realize how dumb this sounds.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 09:02 AM)
It seemed a little far fetched to me, but if you listened to the pregame show yesterday as I did on my way to the park, it was a topic of discussion.

I was at the game Friday, and while there were a lot of Red Sox fans there, it was probably around 5000-6000. I would imagine it was the same the other 2 games.