What SOX game do you remember Watching and Being Furious about?

Hangar18

Another thread got me thinking about this just now. The 4/7 game at KC really had my blood boiling for sure. There was a crosstown classic game, with Manuel managing, and he inexplicably removed Colon who was just CRUISING and the bullpen blew the game in the bottom of the 8th

Anyone remember a game during the 1990 season, the SOX were playing awesome, but still behind the A's in the division and we were in Texas for a saturday game. I believe Thigpen came in and gave up a ball down the 3b line, scoring the runner from 3rd tying the game, but then a Fan grabbed the ball right away and the runner on 1st just rounded 2nd base. The 3b ump signalled deadball and he trotted to 3rd,

but then the HomePlate umpire waved him in, and he trotted home with the gamewinner. The SOX were confused still standing on the field while the Rangers were jumping around. Torborg was the mgr and was LIVID, I was pretty furious about that one too .............

Hangar, you need to enter yourself into a Sox-fan Correctional/rehabilitational facility that can teach you how to deal with the trials and tribulations of being an everyday sox fan. You can learn various stress relief techniques as:

1. Forgetting about worthless games that happened 3 years ago

2. Comprehending and understanding News media articles

3. Forgetting about worthless games that happened 16 years ago

4. recognizing post-worthy material in Pale Hose Talk vs post-worthy material(which is still debatable) in The Diamond Club.

And the funny thing is, I remember the games you are referring to. Both of them. i believe that Texas started playing the song "The Night Chicago died" the next game or series vs the Sox, until MLB stepped in and told them to stop.

And wasnt the Colon game the coming out party for Zambrano? I know those two faced each other at least once during the 2 crosstown series.

Either way, when i read the title of this thread, I thought it was about games this year that made me mad. At which point I would have to say the first series against the Royals when the Royals took 2 of 3 after the Sox dropped 2 of 3 to the Indians. The Sox had no business losing any of those games

Edited by kyyle23

Am I alone when I say these threads make me more angry than any game does? I watch baseball for enjoyment. I love the game of baseball and the Chicago White Sox as much as anyone else does, but I don't see the point of letting an enjoyment become an obsession that negatively impacts your life. Sure I want to see the Sox win, and I hate to see them play badly, but am I going to let it ruin my day? Nah, its not worth it. I have other, way more important things, that I can be pissed about if I really want to be pissed off about something. Its a game folks. I think people would get a lot more out of it if they realized that sports are supposed to add something positive to your life, you know an escape from the stresses of life that have to be worried about. If a game gets to you that badly, turn it off, and find something that makes you happy. Unless you are a person involved in this organization, or dependant on someone who does, I don't understand letting a sport anger you, for anymore than a fleeting moment.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
Hangar, you need to enter yourself into a Sox-fan Correctional/rehabilitational facility ......................

And the funny thing is, I remember the games you are referring to. Both of them. i believe that Texas started playing the song "The Night Chicago died" the next game or series vs the Sox, until MLB stepped in and told them to stop.

And wasnt the Colon game the coming out party for Zambrano? I know those two faced each other at least once during the 2 crosstown series.

Either way, when i read the title of this thread, I thought it was about games this year that made me mad. At which point I would have to say the first series against the Royals when the Royals took 2 of 3 after the Sox dropped 2 of 3 to the Indians. The Sox had no business losing any of those games

You are CORRECT about the incident in Texas, I forgot about that ...........

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
Am I alone when I say these threads make me more angry than any game does? I watch baseball for enjoyment. I love the game of baseball and the Chicago White Sox as much as anyone else does, but I don't see the point of letting an enjoyment become an obsession that negatively impacts your life. Sure I want to see the Sox win, and I hate to see them play badly, but am I going to let it ruin my day? Nah, its not worth it. I have other, way more important things, that I can be pissed about if I really want to be pissed off about something. Its a game folks. I think people would get a lot more out of it if they realized that sports are supposed to add something positive to your life, you know an escape from the stresses of life that have to be worried about. If a game gets to you that badly, turn it off, and find something that makes you happy. Unless you are a person involved in this organization, or dependant on someone who does, I don't understand letting a sport anger you, for anymore than a fleeting moment.

Thank you, Dr Phil.

;)

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 10:37 AM)
Am I alone when I say these threads make me more angry than any game does?

Its a game folks. I think people would get a lot more out of it if they realized that sports are supposed to add something positive to your life, you know an escape from the stresses of life that have to be worried about. If a game gets to you that badly, turn it off.....

Hence me deciding to do something else Friday Nite instead of watching Buehrle/SOX give another game away and making me mad. That was the point of this thread ............ do you remember any games that drove you up a wall. Every good SOX fan has a game they remember. Richard Roeper even has a few he can tell you about, does that make him less a SOX fan? Its just a thread. I laugh about that Texas game back in 90, that was a TERRIBLE call. In fact, I remember how FURIOUS Hawk was, he was about to jump out of the booth ...

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 01:40 PM)
Another thread got me thinking about this just now. The 4/7 game at KC really had my blood boiling for sure. There was a crosstown classic game, with Manuel managing, and he inexplicably removed Colon who was just CRUISING and the bullpen blew the game in the bottom of the 8th

I hate managers who inexplicably remove their starting pitcher when they say they're done. You say you had a problem with Manuel taking out a self-proclaimed "done" Colon, yet you argue that Guillen should have pulled Vazquez after the 5th inning against the Tigers in a game he was CRUISING?

Edited by fathom

It was in 2004 i think......When we lost to the Twins. I dont really remember details but do remember going home mad as hell. It was a day game, it was the first time the Twins were back in Chicago since the game where Tori trucked.....was it Burke? Either way I was mad over that loss.

Unless someone removed a large portion of Hangar's post, I don't see the problem with this thread.

Big deal, he asked which game personally aggrivated you after watching. No one else has been legitimately upset after a poor game? It's inevitable over the course of 162 games.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
Unless someone removed a large portion of Hangar's post, I don't see the problem with this thread.

Big deal, he asked which game personally aggrivated you after watching. No one else has been legitimately upset after a poor game? It's inevitable over the course of 162 games.

The whole premise of the thread was based off another thread in which Hangar jumps off the proverbial ledge. That's why I have a problem with it.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jul 24, 2006 -> 11:43 AM)
I don't even remember the bad games that happened more than a year ago.

I guess that's what separates us from the Cubs fans.

I don't remember past a week.

There's nothing wrong with this thread. I don't remember them for long, but I certainly am emotionally impacted by a Sox loss, especially one where they got screwed.

It's called being a fan. How can you experience the joy and elation when they win and then, mysteriously, be without emotion when they lose, or get jobbed on a call?

During the Bulls' final Jordan playoff run we lost a game to Indiana and I was physically sick after watching it. Because my heart was into my team.

To suggest that if you're just a fan this is being some sort of defeatest loser is absurd.

The only thing I will concur with is that bad calls are just as much part of the game as fan interference, weird hops and dropped grounders--you win some, you lose some. I'm sure LAA fans think they got totally robbed in the ALCS last year, and maybe they were.

That's why I don't dwell on the bad call games. IMO, if you were playing at a level where one call affected the outcome, you were courting danger. It's like when a boxer says he needs a knockout because he doesn't want to leave it to the judges.

there was a game in '03 I think, in the minny dome in September when the Sox looked so pathetic, no effort, just...dead. The Twins buried them and I read later that when Carl was standing at first base he told Mankewievizathazztz that the season was over, or something like that. Anyway, watching that game was just brutal. When your team shows no heart and loses, it's tough to watch.