7/31 White Sox v. Royals

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
That error was costly, but Jose has been crap anyway so it doesn't matter. He needs to start pitching good cause he's been mediocre since a few starts before his streak ended.

I will never understand why he was so intent on developing new arm angles while he was injured. Last I had checked, he was pitching great prior to that.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
No guts? This is not directed to you, but just sports in general. How can you tell that? Just because they aren't pitching well? Is it their demeanor? I just always wonder when fans say they have no heart or no guts or whatever just because they are playing like crap.

I know, it wasn't a good word. I tried to explain it better by saying stepping up and taking charge. There's only one pitcher who I think has no guts on this team, and we know who it is.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
I will never understand why he was so intent on developing new arm angles while he was injured. Last I had checked, he was pitching great prior to that.

As soon as I heard he was adding the third I had no damn clue why and had a feeling he would get in between...

We can complain almost about everyone except JD. This guy has been great ALL season.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
No guts? This is not directed to you, but just sports in general. How can you tell that? Just because they aren't pitching well? Is it their demeanor? I just always wonder when fans say they have no heart or no guts or whatever just because they are playing like crap.

Yeah, well, it's an easy way to criticize. Contreras pitching rough in a game doesn't have to do with a rough day, a mistake, an error by his teammates, lazy play by the left fielder -- it's because they have no "guts." Contreras, of course, being one of the gutsier people in sports.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
I'm having trouble letting go of yesterday's loss coupled with the tigers loss. Tonight we could be within 6 1/2.

OK I'm over it, thanks JD.

I had a bad feeling Jenks was going to blow it, he was due.