MLB Trade Deadline Thread 7/31

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 06:51 PM)
Especially if we're banking on the White Sox making another move...

It's funny, people totally forget we got MacDougle just a few days ago.

I think people would be happier if MacDougal was able to play left field.

yeah let's not pretend that Mike Macdougal is the ticket back to the series. Its debatable if his arm will hold up even to September. That said, unless you can dump Vazquez on someone or if you can add an outfielder without giving up Mac or the entire farm, we're probably better off trying to fix this from within

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:54 PM)
yeah let's not pretend that Mike Macdougal is the ticket back to the series. Its debatable if his arm will hold up even to September. That said, unless you can dump Vazquez on someone or if you can add an outfielder without giving up Mac or the entire farm, we're probably better off trying to fix this from within

Ding Ding Ding. Dumping Vaz for something would be a huge plus.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)
And that's one of the things that pisses me off. He's more concerned with being everyone's buddy instead of doing what's right for the team.

1 hour.

Concerned about being everybody's buddy? Tell that to Sean Tracey and Jon Garland. I have a problem with some of his lineup and defensive choices as well, but I doubt he does what he does to be nice to everybody.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
Concerned about being everybody's buddy? Tell that to Sean Tracey and Jon Garland. I have a problem with some of his lineup and defensive choices as well, but I doubt he does what he does to be nice to everybody.

Ozzie plays favorites and will go out of his way by making ridiculous managerial decisions for some of his guys. See 2005: Timo at 1B.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
Ozzie plays favorites and will go out of his way by making ridiculous managerial decisions for some of his guys. See 2005: Timo at 1B.

And of course you have proof of this? Damaso Marte, who was definitely NOT one of Ozzie's guys, would be thrown out there time and time again in big situations. Ozzie tries to play everybody on a consistant basis. Whether its smart or not is a different argument, but saying that he plays favorites at the expense of the team winning games just sounds like conspiracy B.S.