3 Million Within Reach

Wealz

Looks like the Sox have a real chance to reach 3 million in attendance this year. I was talking to a season ticket rep at the party last week and he said they've started selling SRO tix in order to help get to that mark. It's a remarkable turnaround for a franchise that most local media had written off as recently as 2004. I remember hearing George Ofman that year say they'd never draw 2 million again. I'm still waiting for the barrage of stories chronicling this attendance boom, ya know to offset all the stories over the last 10 years about how no one went to the park.

QUOTE(Wealz @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 12:39 PM)
Looks like the Sox have a real chance to reach 3 million in attendance this year. I was talking to a season ticket rep at the party last week and he said they've started selling SRO tix in order to help get to that mark. It's a remarkable turnaround for a franchise that most local media had written off as recently as 2004. I remember hearing George Ofman that year say they'd never draw 2 million again. I'm still waiting for the barrage of stories chronicling this attendance boom, ya know to offset all the stories over the last 10 years about how no one went to the park.

They sell SRO tickets? I did not know that. I thought only older stadiums with lots of room did that (Fenway and Wrigley, I know they do).

They're on a pace for 2.8M+ right now, and it looks like 9 of the 11 games on the next home stand will be sell outs, the exceptions being the last 2 against KC. 3 million is within reach, they do have some work to do, however.

Ofman's a dip.

At least we can talk attendance here.

Bob

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 05:43 PM)
They sell SRO tickets? I did not know that. I thought only older stadiums with lots of room did that (Fenway and Wrigley, I know they do).

When I was back earlier in the season I had to buy a SRO ticket against the A's...that was when i realized how nuts the WS made the city about the sox. I remember the days of half priced mondays and tuesdays, getting a ticket for 6 bucks and sitting wherever the hell i wanted...

Looks like the Sox have a real chance to reach 3 million in attendance this year. ..................................

I'm still waiting for the barrage of stories chronicling this attendance boom, ya know to offset all the stories over the last 10 years about how no one went to the park.

I said the SOX would get 3 Million for the 1st time in their history, and was roundly MOCKED here (you both know who you are). There hasnt been any hype or hoopla regarding the sensational attendance (hahahahaahah, I said Attendance!) numbers the SOX have been achieving this season, nor has there been any talk in the media regarding the already record number of SellOuts this season. (Did anyone know that the whole NY/DET series was sold out already? Im sure you didnt) I think the media wants to let you know about how good the flubs attendance has been, "despite" the SOX winning the World Series.

What a Joke.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:40 AM)
I said the SOX would get 3 Million for the 1st time in their history, and was roundly MOCKED here (you both know who you are). There hasnt been any hype or hoopla regarding the sensational attendance (hahahahaahah, I said Attendance!) numbers the SOX have been achieving this season, nor has there been any talk in the media regarding the already record number of SellOuts this season. (Did anyone know that the whole NY/DET series was sold out already? Im sure you didnt) I think the media wants to let you know about how good the flubs attendance has been, "despite" the SOX winning the World Series.

What a Joke.

I'm still trying to figure out what the "Haha I said attendance" and "Haha I said momentum" are supposed to mean? Inside jokes?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:43 AM)
I'm still trying to figure out what the "Haha I said attendance" and "Haha I said momentum" are supposed to mean? Inside jokes?

I believe he's taking shots at WSI.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:43 AM)

You cannot talk about "attendance" (hahhaa) over at another site, as well as talk about "momentum" either, those earn you Vacation time

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:51 AM)
Is tonights game against Anaheim sold out? It didn't sound like it on the broadcast yesterday.

Not Sold Out. There are good tickets available right now. Game also starts at 6:05, ESPN GAME

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 12:56 PM)
That would be a lot of standing room tix...cause without it weren't they on pace for around 2.6 or 2.7?

YES thats correct. IIRC, From here on out, they would have to sell an extra 1,000 tix per game (SRO)

to set the 3Million Attendance Mark (hahaha)

QUOTE(bighurt574 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
Through 53 games, our attendence is 1,908,770, which means we would need 1,091,230 over our last 28 home games to hit 3 million. That would be 38,972 per game. Possible, yes, but we probably come up just short (we haven't even hit that in all of our "sell-outs").

Good analysis. The Sox can still hit the 3 million mark by counting playoff games.

Did the Sox have a higher attendence than the Cubs last year including playoffs?

QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 03:00 PM)
Good analysis. The Sox can still hit the 3 million mark by counting playoff games.

Did the Sox have a higher attendence than the Cubs last year including playoffs?

Very doubtful since they only had 6 playoff games, which equates to about 235,000 tickets. Quite a bit but probably not nearly enough to edge the Cubs regular season mark of 3MM+