Official Game Thread 8/7 - Angels vs Sox 6:05

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
Good call. :bang

i know i know, but he has been an automatic out for most of the season. I cannot believe he got on base, but then again, i didn't think Ozzie would allow Buerhle to pitch to him either. go figure

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
What possible reason could there have been to leave Buehrle out there? He had been hit hard all game and was getting hit hard yet again in the 7th. Two runners on and Ozzie goes out there and doesn't pull Mark. Why? Does he really think Buerhle had a better chance of getting out of the inning that McCarthy at that point? I don't understand his idiocy at all.

Ozzie went out and asked him how he felt. Buerhle being a competitor said I am fine I can get the guy out. Ozzie not taking facts into consideration decided to play buddy and let him play in there. Just like he played buddy for Freddy and for the Count yesterday.

And he is full of s*** in his quotes on the radio and in the paper about knowing that this is go time and he needs to go to the pen he will. That is an outright lie.

Ozzie in 2006 is what happend to Tony Pena after his miracle season.

He needs to check his gut and go with making sound baseball decisions. f****** retarded.

There are some things that Ozzie really knows about baseball and some things he doesn't know. Unfortunately, Ozzie doesn't know a damned thing about how to make in-game decisions. He doesn't know when to pull a SP, he doesn't know how to handle the bullpen, and in my opinion, he doesn't know when to use small ball and when not to use it.

Ozzie would make a great first base coach.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 8, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
Buerhle needed to be yanked after the walk. But Ozzie leaves him in for 3 or 4 more to reach base. It really is unbelievable. There are a ton of Little League managers that would have known better.

I really find it hard to believe how anyone can stick up for his managing this season. He's managing this year like he did last year...the only problem is that our starting pitchers aren't performing the way they did last year, and Ozzie is the last person to figure this out.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 06:04 PM)
i think that MB has logged more innings than any pitcher in the last 6 years...

it is way OBVIOUS that he has been fatigued the last 2 months...

ok....OZ made this team go by pushing the starters last year into being men and finishing what they started...

but come on man these same guys look more tired than an 85 year old man trying to get a groove on...

HEY! I represent that remark!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
Ozzie went out and asked him how he felt. Buerhle being a competitor said I am fine I can get the guy out. Ozzie not taking facts into consideration decided to play buddy and let him play in there. Just like he played buddy for Freddy and for the Count yesterday.

And he is full of s*** in his quotes on the radio and in the paper about knowing that this is go time and he needs to go to the pen he will. That is an outright lie.

Why are you asking a guy with an ERA around 10.00 his last 6 or 7 starts how he's feeling? Hawk needs to layoff the umpires.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
Blame Ozzie all you want. Mark f****** sucks. His whole performance over this last month and a half f****** blows. He has s*** for pitches, tips every time he throws a change, and thinks that 4 inches off the plate is the corner.

Here's my problem with this: when a guy is going bad, a manager has to work with the knowledge that something bad is probably going to happen. Just like with Vazquez, Ozzie doesn't seem to get it.

QUOTE(premo @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
When I saw Ozzie come out to the mound, and start a nice friendly chat with MB, I knew he was going to leave him in, and I knew that MB was going to blow the f'ing game. Bush league

I demand you to change your picture

QUOTE(zenryan @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
more like every game

Most of these runs coming in the 6th or 7th innings when our f****** manager thinks that his St. pitcher can still pitch like last year (FG and MB). Or when he doesnt read the scouting report about their own pitcher (JV and his 6th and 7th innings opp hitter avg agst him).

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 10:07 PM)
Here's my problem with this: when a guy is going bad, a manager has to work with the knowledge that something bad is probably going to happen. Just like with Vazquez, Ozzie doesn't seem to get it.

exactly, its the job of the manager to make the players look good, not the other way around

Carrasco is bad, very bad, there is still a chance