White Sox vs Twins 1:10 pm CSN

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
I think McCarthy has much better mound composure than Vazquez does. I'm not even one of these fans that think he's the next Mike Mussina, etc.

And you all base that on 4 starts? Be careful. That's all I'm saying.

Again, he's going to be good - and I agree with your 'composure' statement, but he will fail some too, and many seem to forget that around here.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
I can't wait for Ozzie to have the shortest leash in history on him next year. I might have to take a vacation from this board for a long time if we end up trading Garland instead of Garcia or Vaz.

We need about half the people here to take a vacation right about now.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
I think the pitching staff as a whole throws way too many pitches. An emphasis should be put on minimalizing pitch counts. Its not like the Sox rotation has a lot of strikeout guys.

There's something to be said for that. There's a lot of 'cutesy' type pitches being thrown this year by our staff instead of just not screwing around and getting the job done.

That's one thing about last year's team... they didn't mess around, they were aggressive and they went after the hitters.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
There's something to be said for that. There's a lot of 'cutesy' type pitches being thrown this year by our staff instead of just not screwing around and getting the job done.

That's one thing about last year's team... they didn't mess around, they were aggressive and they went after the hitters.

I love AJP's personality, and he's changed the attitude on this team more than anyone else. However, him and our other catchers have not done a good job this season.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
Wow talk about being in a s***ty place....we either hit off Santana, or we make him throw more pitches...and try to hit off the Twins bullpen....either way it's not gonna be easy...

When your facing Santana, you gotta bring your A game. Well the Sox definitely havent done that today.............. And now Thome k's. And BTW, What happened to our Vaunted middle of the lineup lately. Besides Dye, they have not looked good to say the least

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 20, 2006 -> 03:39 PM)
And you all base that on 4 starts? Be careful. That's all I'm saying.

Again, he's going to be good - and I agree with your 'composure' statement, but he will fail some too, and many seem to forget that around here.

McCarthy was outstanding last year...Outstanding after his callup. He earned a chance to start as the 5 this year. His change up and curve ball are 10x better than Javy's is...McCarthy's fastball has seemed a little flat this year and has made some youthful mistakes (he should have never thrown a get-me-over against the Yankees when Milky Cabrera went yard on him a couple weeks ago...Milky is the ONE GUY in that lineup that fishes hard for the first pitch)....That is a lack of experience...

OK, so McCarthy would not go 20-3, this we can all agree on, but I can be certain that he would learn from his mistakes (like last year) and we would not see our own version of Groundhog Day starring Javier Vazquez.

This idea that one would gurantee McCarthy would have a losing record in Javy's spot is pathetically hilarious seeing that Vazquez got > 8 RUNS A GAME support for most of this year...EIGHT FRIGGIN RUNS...

McCarthy has been mis-managed and we traded some decent talent for this waste of space pitcher.