Are you in or are you out?

Kid Gleason

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 10:38 AM)
They definitely have a chance, no doubt. It's really hard to see them making too much noise in the playoffs, though. The starters have just not shown us that they can get on any sort of roll. So, I guess I'm in since I feel they can make the playoffs.

fricken homer

QUOTE(TLAK @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:35 AM)
The team reached it's high water mark of 27 over on July 6, for the following 7 weeks they are 6 under. 7 weeks is not just a bad streak that 'everyone' goes through. This is just not playoff caliber baseball, and they have shown me no reason to believe they will turn it around. It's not impossible, but I see no evidence which would lead me to expect it.

I'm in as a White Sox fan, follower and devotee. But I'm out as to predicting this group will make the post season. There are 7 weeks left, at the current rate of play they will end up at about 88 wins. A good season but no cigar.

That's a pretty damn good way of putting it.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
For those questioning, this was not meant as a "are you a fan of the White Sox or not" type of question. It was mainly a "do you still believe we are going post season" type of thing. I'm sure there are diehard fans of teams that are going nowhere still supporting their teams. Belief in a team NOT making it is not saying you are not a fan. If that were true, then you must not have been a fan in 2001 and all the other years the team was going nowhere.

I myself have huge doubts they will make it. If they do, it won't be our stellar play that does it, it will be Minnesota and Boston collapsing alongside and allowing us to get in. I haven't seen anything in a long while that makes me believe this team "has it" any more.

But that being said, I will be watching every game still, I will be hoping my doubts are false, and I will be trying to get to a few more games this year and I will support the hell out of my team. But common sense tells me to not get my hopes up.

Also a good point.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:38 AM)
It's really hard to see them making too much noise in the playoffs, though.

flashback to '05 during the funk of late August and September. We were all saying the same thing then and they surprised us. Could happen again.

I'm in. Pain and suffering are my constant companions.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)
I'd love to have a tally of how many "sox fans" said that at this time last year.

I'm in!!! They are capable, they have the talent, they need to put it together.

Rowand44 is probably one of the most optomistic posters on this site. So he probably wouldnt of made your tally last year.

I think we will win the wild card.

Once in we have as good of a chance as anyone. Its just up to our pitching to perform.

Call me in. It looks like all 3 WC contenders are having problems right now. I think that we pull through and at least make it in the playoffs.

How well we do from there kind of depends on if we stumble into the playoffs (and just happened to stumble less than the other WC contenders), or if we start right before the playoffs.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
flashback to '05 during the funk of late August and September. We were all saying the same thing then and they surprised us. Could happen again.

We BLEW a FIFTEEN GAME LEAD yet last years team keeps being referrered to as one the the greatest...???

It boggles my mind.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)

The pitching staff was consistently good last year. This year, it's been bad all the time.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
So kids, lets see how things stack up against last year. Are you still believing this team will be post-season, or do you think they are done? No fighting, just a simple "in" or "out", as we did last year.

IN

I can't say whether this team will make the playoffs, but I'm definately "Out" on whether they will go anywhere.

My opinion could change, but they have shown me absolutely NOTHING thus far this season to make me think otherwise. They are a talented team that is playing below expectations because of a serious lack of pitching and execution.

I don't see anything that could make thing change, with the exception of Javier Vazquez finding a rhythm and Contreras getting back to 100%.

QUOTE(Ballpark Frank - Big Hurt @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 11:30 PM)
I'm sick of reading these "In or Out" questions. Every year, they always come back to annoy me. We are fans with common passion. Some are very frustrated and lose their control on these boards. They aren't turning on the team, they just need some medicine.

I totally agree with you.

I'm in this year.

Last year's team was one that could obviously win it all if it made the playoffs, but they looked so much like a team that was pulling an epic choke job (15 games to 1.5 isn't very good). I honestly thought that team was going to screw us all and miss the playoffs, but the day they clinched not pulling that off I thought we'd win it all. If this team clinches a playoff spot, I'll expect a 1st round exit unless the starting pitchers remember how to do their job.