Soxfest prices doubled this year

Iwritecode

Soxfest

The special SoxFest hotel rate is $249 (plus tax) for a two-night stay. Fans are limited to two rooms per reservation. Fans who purchase a two-night stay also will be eligible to purchase up to four SoxFest weekend passes at $75 each. The only way for fans to obtain passes for the entire weekend is through the purchase of a two-night stay. Please note that SoxFest passes must be purchased in addition to the hotel package.

I guess this is the new crowd control. Doesn't look like I'll be going this year. :crying

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 04:13 PM)
"Please note, that SOXFEST passes must be purchased in addition to the hotel package"

Wow. So for SoxFest 08, will we be required to be season-ticket holders in order to attend SoxFest?

No. You will be required to buy a weekend HOTEL package.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
something tells me that this will change when they are not selling enough 'weekend packages'. look for individual day tickets to go on sale as SoxFest gets closer.

The capasity is roughly 1/5th of what it was at the Hyatt.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 04:16 PM)
I guess they want the angry second-guessers to pay through the nose for the privelege of spewing their bile at Sox management.

:cheers

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)
No. You will be required to buy a weekend HOTEL package.

The capasity is roughly 1/5th of what it was at the Hyatt.

:cheers

Are you serious? :o

Normal attendance at the Hyatt (exlcuding 2005) was about 10,000-12000 people throughout the weekend. Are you saying there's only going to be a few hundred tickets sold for each day?

For just the two of us to go it would cost over $400 ($249+75+75+food, parking, drinks, etc). There is no way for us to go for the weekend without spending at least that $400 according to the teams release. Basically the season ticketholders are the only ones who are going to be able to afford to go, because the casual fans who used to only have to pay for weekend passes, which used to be $30 a couple/few years ago, now would be paying about 13 times that amount just to attend the whole weekend.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
For just the two of us to go it would cost over $400 ($249+75+75+food, parking, drinks, etc). There is no way for us to go for the weekend without spending at least that $400 according to the teams release. Basically the season ticketholders are the only ones who are going to be able to afford to go, because the casual fans who used to only have to pay for weekend passes, which used to be $30 a couple/few years ago, now would be paying about 13 times that amount just to attend the whole weekend.

Sucks doesn't it?

I am just waiting to see how much individual day passes will end up being. I'm guessing one one-day pass is going to be somewhere around $40. $50 for Saturday.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
I'm definitely out at this point unless a reasonable explanation for the price jump is given.

Somebody looked on Ebay last year and saw all the weekend passes everyone was making tons of money on because they only had two people staying in the room and got 4 passes with their reservation. Guess they decided they wanted that money for themselves...

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
Are you serious? :o

Normal attendance at the Hyatt (exlcuding 2005) was about 10,000-12000 people throughout the weekend. Are you saying there's only going to be a few hundred tickets sold for each day?

Just looking at the PH capasity for their biggest area it's in the 4K range. That's for meetings, weddings, etc, so I would guess it doesn't include the vendor space Soxfest has, and the signing and seminar areas. I wouldn't be surprised to see them cap ticket sales a bit lower than that per day.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
Wow, you have to pony up an extra $75 if you are staying at the hotel? Damn, I don't think I will be going either.

Per person to boot. Oh well, I figured I wouldn't be able to make it anyway since its during busy season so I guess this just seals it. It just means when my busy season ends I'll have to come out to Chicago for opening weekend or something.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 09:32 AM)
Too bad, I was looking forward for an opportunity to b**** at Ozzie.

I'll take a list.

Can you just see me at the mike...

"And this one is from Rowand44 @ Soxtalk... ", "Next we have this comment from Aboz in St Louis..."

:lolhitting