Leading off for the 2007 white sox will be....

max power

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 12:56 AM)
If you are telling me Ozzie Guillen would prefer Juan Pierre over Ichiro, then you are completely out of your mind.

I wouldn't say he'd prefer Ichiro, no strings attached. but you'd have to give up someone for Ichiro. honestly, why not stick with Pods if you're signing Pierre? bring in someone else, they're essentially the same player. if Pods can get healthy (if indeed he's injured, which is my theory), then it's pointless to sign Pierre.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
I wouldn't say he'd prefer Ichiro, no strings attached. but you'd have to give up someone for Ichiro. honestly, why not stick with Pods if you're signing Pierre? bring in someone else, they're essentially the same player. if Pods can get healthy (if indeed he's injured, which is my theory), then it's pointless to sign Pierre.

Because Pierre can play Ozzieball, while Pods can't. Look at everything Ozzie is saying in the press: he wants guys who can bunt and make contact. Pods is a PATHETIC bunter, and he K's way too much for someone with no power.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
Because Pierre can play Ozzieball, while Pods can't. Look at everything Ozzie is saying in the press: he wants guys who can bunt and make contact. Pods is a PATHETIC bunter, and he K's way too much for someone with no power.

Pods isn't a pathetic bunter, he could be better, and he should try to bunt himself on more. personally, if I were going to get rid of Pods, it'd be because I'm tired of seeing him strike out looking.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
Pods isn't a pathetic bunter, he could be better, and he should try to bunt himself on more. personally, if I were going to get rid of Pods, it'd be because I'm tired of seeing him strike out looking.

For a supposed"spped" player, his bunting is not acceptable.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
It could be a fun game to play: What's the biggest reason you want to get rid of pods? His defense in left field is the answer for me.

His Stolen base percentage/totals. I would put up with the sh*tty defense, poor OBP, and strikeouts, if when he did get on base, he was guaranteed to cause problems and get his arse on 2nd base.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
I really hope Ken/Oz realize that "tinkering" with the team does mean

getting rid of Pods.

He stole 40 bases. How many times did he get caught?

It had to be at least 20 didn't it?

Bye bye Pods.

19 CS. He did lead the league in that category as well.

QUOTE(JohnBasedowYoda @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 11:23 AM)
Yeah. Lot of Ks too

96 Ks.

Scott Podsednik has the lowest SB% of any player in baseball with 21 or more SB at 67.8%.

Players with 21+ SB, lowest AB/SO:

Mike Cameron - 3.89

Alfonso Soriano - 4.04

Grady Sizemore - 4.28

Ryan Freel - 4.63*

Felipe Lopez - 4.89

Hanley Ramirez - 4.95*

Joey Gathright - 5.11*

Scott Podsednik - 5.46*

* - True leadoff hitter

QUOTE(bulokis @ Oct 7, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
I hope we can snag Pierre and put him in left field. We need what Podsednik did in '05 where he stole bases successfuly, bunted and disrupted the pitcher's rhythm. Pierre can give us that.

He also does a few other things Podsednik did well such as low OBP, non-existant SLG, no power to speak of, inconsistent SB%, bad reads in the OF and a top 3 worst arm in all of baseball not to mention his overall inconsistency from month to month.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 07:04 PM)
Don't listen to what you read in the press....there's a zero percent chance that Podsednik is brought back.

My answer to this question would be either Juan Pierre or C. Crisp.

If the sox signed Coco Crisp i would be estatic. He's my favorite player.