2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
dont tell that to Paullie

Don't bring an AL player into an NL conversation. Wheeler blows. Game is in Murton's hands. Why not bring in Lidge here? Can't do any worse. Murton's gonna win it for them. Maybe not.....

Biggio trying to f*** it up. He and Ensberg were 1-10 with three K's. ESPN has some cool scroll stats during at-bats on their Gameday and I could swear it said he was like 1-32 agaisnt the cubs in his career.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 04:09 PM)
Don't bring an AL player into an NL conversation. Wheeler blows. Game is in Murton's hands. Why not bring in Lidge here? Can't do any worse. Murton's gonna win it for them.

Or he'll pop out. Game over, 'stros win 4-2.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 07:10 PM)
but seriously, get Haigwood back... can never have enough young lefties w/ potential.

Looking at his minor league numbers, he looks like he does something right. His career ERA, from rookie through to AA (2 years at AA), is 3.43, and he had only one season where it went about 4. Good WHIP numbers too. Plus he's only 23, so its not like he is aged.

Someone will pick him up I'd bet. I'd be happy if its us.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 07:11 PM)
I actaully do care. I have been able to see both his starts, and he is a blast to watch. This game is a fantastic showcase of two of the best pitchers in the game.

If they both pitched a no-no, we would see every k by Dice-k and maybe 1 of Felix. Thats what im sick of.

This game is a fantastic showcase of two of the best pitchers in the game.

GMAB. He's a rookie (in the states) and he's already the best pitcher in the game? I'd rephrase that sentence just alittle bit after one start. (against the damn Royals at that)

King Felix isn't quite there yet, but if he finishes this season good (which he will) then yes he will be now and for the future.

I actaully do care. I have been able to see both his starts, and he is a blast to watch. This game is a fantastic showcase of two of the best pitchers in the game.

When did Liriano begin pitching, again? :P

Although seriously, watching Hernandez, and recollecting his admiration of Garcia in native Venezuela, if there's one lasting effect Guillen should bring us -- aside from a championship -- is a pitcher of Felix's caliber.

I don't care about Minaya or other ballclubs; Guillen owns that country. We should have a monopoly on outgoing talent. It's almost impossible not to imagine someone using his popularity and/or our WS championship as huge selling points.

The far reaching implications of 2005 is why I'm looking forward to updated roster announcements from Great Falls/Winston Salem. It has been 18 months since our championship. We could start seeing the results.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 07:25 PM)
King Felix isn't quite there yet, but if he finishes this season good (which he will) then yes he will be now and for the future.

This game reminds me of last season's debut for Clemens when he faced Minnesota. The attention was on Roger, but Liriano stole the show. Similarily, Matsuzaka was drawing all the attention but Hernandez might overshadow him by nights end.

He's fun to watch pitch. It's the hype machine that's been way over the top.

An hour long SportsCenter at 5, and 30+ minutes of the show was dedicated to Matsuzaka.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Apr 11, 2007 -> 06:00 PM)
And that doesn't make the pitcher for me, so I guess thats why I don't really have a problem. He just is something new to this game, and is a blast to watch, almost as fun as watching a 21 year old dominate one of the best lineups in the league.

Go get'em Felix.

When there's a 0 in a certain column on the score board...this is vastly more fun.