Boers and Berstein

Boers and Bernstein  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy listening to their show

• yes
    • no

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 06:13 PM)
I've said this before but the only show I really like in Chicago is Silvy and Carmen. At times I can tolerate M, J and H but at other times they really annoy me. Every other show I hate, including B and B.

Good man, Silvy and Carmen are the best. Maybe its because I can relate with their off-beat cultural ramblings, but I find them the most entertaining out of all the shows.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 06:14 PM)
Good man, Silvy and Carmen are the best. Maybe its because I can relate with their off-beat cultural ramblings, but I find them the most entertaining out of all the shows.

Ya, I just really like their show. They're entertaining but they also know their crap, they also don't just go off on people for no reason, and they don't overreact about everything that happens which seems to be the trademark with a lot of the shows in Chicago.

Hey Tony, what the hell was that horrible show we listened to on the way back from Cinci?

It was the Goff and Abbatacola show. They are wannabe B and B, and they suck. Especially Goff.

I have been listening to B and B for over 5 years now, and i love em. They are hilarious, and they do know their stuff, especially Bernstein. It's probly one of those things where you love em or you hate em.

There's nobody in the city better than B&B they're outstanding. I can't bare to listen to North/Murphy/MJH, talk about hacks. Silvy and Carmen was great when they were on 9-12 during the week but I have yet to catch them at night, it's just a brutal time slot.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jan 4, 2007 -> 07:07 PM)
I have been listening to B and B for over 5 years now, and i love em. They are hilarious, and they do know their stuff, especially Bernstein.

Agree completely.

I love listening to that show. My lunch break is at 2:30-3:30 at work, and over the fall I would go out to my car and eat my lunch and listen to the show. The only thing i hated was the commercial time from 2:30-3:00. They talk until 2:40, come back on the air at 2:45, for three minutes or less, and back to commercials with Bernstein doing a live commercial around 2:55, commercials until 3:01. I had it timed because it p*ssed me off so bad. But they talk all through 3-3:30, its their interview time.

Most of the time I dont enjoy listening because they are always extremely pessimistic, but Iam entertained by them because they can be quite clever and funny at times.But I have grown to look at them as the "Marriotti's of radio" cause they are so predictable on what stance they will take.

They are decent, but I'm not going to go out of my way to listen to them. I prefer the 1000 programming, but if they are on I won't complain. I used to hear them a lot when a friend would have them in his car when we'd go to lunch in high school and that was my first exposure to them. They are a good listen sometimes, but have weird opinions more often than not.

I listen to B&B all the time, but sometimes they just annoy the hell outta me when they Berstein tries to act like a lawyer and "debate" with people over a phone line where he can hang up on them at any time. Basically, I listen to them, but the quality of their phone calls has become horrid.

On that same theme, "Who You Crappin'" and "Friday Fung" have become unlistenable IMO. I can't understand why some people wait on hold that long to say the stuff they say.

QUOTE(Balance @ Jan 5, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
I love B&B; I wish I could listen to them more often. If I'm lucky, I can sometimes catch the last half-hour of their show, but too often I'm at work.

Silvy and Carmen are also very good; I like their show.

do what i do... have a radio sitting in your office.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 03:41 AM)
If you don't enjoy their show, your probably one of the idiotic callers that they rightly make fun of to no end. It's must hear radio, great show.

Yeah? Your opinion is better than others? Ok.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 09:41 AM)
If you don't enjoy their show, your probably one of the idiotic callers that they rightly make fun of to no end. It's must hear radio, great show.

I think you're right if we're talking about the posters at:

score670.com

I've never seen so many bitter b****es in my life.

On the other hand, I have friends who won't listen to B&B because they don't understand all of the inside jokes and what not. It's definitely an acquired taste.

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jan 6, 2007 -> 02:23 PM)
I think you're right if we're talking about the posters at:

score670.com

I've never seen so many bitter b****es in my life.

On the other hand, I have friends who won't listen to B&B because they don't understand all of the inside jokes and what not. It's definitely an acquired taste.

I do agree, I listen to them as often as possible but I definitely understand how people could be annoyed by their childish humor, obscure sports references and seemingly pessimistic point of view.