Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
The Cool Kids

Do they have an album or anything? I've heard a couple singles and love there s*** but can't find anything anywhere.

They have an EP out now, and they have another EP coming out on the 20th on iTunes.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
The Cool Kids

Do they have an album or anything? I've heard a couple singles and love there s*** but can't find anything anywhere.

Its funny because I hear so many people saying how much they like them (including myself) and its hard to find their stuff.They have a bad manager or no manager.

Edited by shipps

QUOTE (shipps @ May 9, 2008 -> 08:34 AM)
Its funny because I hear so many people saying how much they like them (including myself) and its hard to find their stuff.They have a bad manager or no manager.

They're a local indie hip-hop group just breaking in.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 9, 2008 -> 02:33 PM)
They're a local indie hip-hop group just breaking in.

The word of mouth on them has been going around for like a year now.I know crappy groups that have been out for a far less period of time and are better marketed than they are.There is no excuse for them to not be banking on that.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 9, 2008 -> 02:43 PM)
The word of mouth on them has been going around for like a year now.I know crappy groups that have been out for a far less period of time and are better marketed than they are.There is no excuse for them to not be banking on that.

Agreed but they do play a lot of shows. I'll give them credit for that. They even played that Obama gig at the Aragon earlier this year.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (shipps @ May 9, 2008 -> 08:34 AM)

I wouldn't say it's hard to find their stuff, you've just gotta know where to look.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 9, 2008 -> 01:34 PM)

they just signed their deal on chocolate records or whatever, so their album on a decent label hasn't dropped yet. I don't think it's bad managing, getting as much buzz as they have without a real record deal is good managing imo.

btw this is a great album cover. isobel is pretty.

http://a6.vox.com/6a00d414202ce43c7f00e398ed6d560004-500pi

Edited by bmags

Anybody have any strategies for finding bands that you like that youve never heard? After going through every avenue to download songs from the bands Ive heard of and becoming curious to find more Ive been trying some new tactics to find new bands I like but have never heard of. Things like looking up the music in tv shows or movies I like, going to billboard.com and so on.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 17, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)
Anybody have any strategies for finding bands that you like that youve never heard? After going through every avenue to download songs from the bands Ive heard of and becoming curious to find more Ive been trying some new tactics to find new bands I like but have never heard of. Things like looking up the music in tv shows or movies I like, going to billboard.com and so on.

Have you tried last.fm or pandora? Those are two I use but I'm sure there are others as well.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 17, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)

I get Blender and Spin magazine, I ignore the featured artists in the front part of the magazine and go to the new releases in the back. I read the reviews and some catch my eye, I will find them on myspace music or their personal webpages and check them out.

Last.fm and pandora are pretty cool too

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 17, 2008 -> 01:33 PM)
I get Blender and Spin magazine, I ignore the featured artists in the front part of the magazine and go to the new releases in the back. I read the reviews and some catch my eye, I will find them on myspace music or their personal webpages and check them out.

Last.fm and pandora are pretty cool too

Ya Ive tried the Myspace thing. I had to immediately ask myself, what the hell am I doing on myspace. I bet I can find some stuff on those magazines web sites, thanks.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 17, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
Ya Ive tried the Myspace thing. I had to immediately ask myself, what the hell am I doing on myspace. I bet I can find some stuff on those magazines web sites, thanks.

Well, myspace music isnt anything to be embarrassed reading. I only go to thier myspace music pages because they have constantly streaming music, so I get to give them a listen before I get the album