Music Thread

greasywheels121

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
Good God! I think my head is going to explode because I just listened to an album that was actually pretty awesome and listenable all the way through from the Mars Volta! Octhedron is some good s***.

liked the single which totally surprised me too.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 01:31 PM)
So Steven Tyler fell off the stage the other night and had to be taken to the hospital. I hope he's ok, but man I sure hope that puts an end to his 'dancing'. Those are some of the goofiest moves and they were never cool, even when he was young.

C'mon, man, he was just Livin' On The Edge of the stage.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Aug 1, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
Just got the kings of leon album and I'm really enjoying.

Just got it 2 days ago, and I really like it as well. I've never listened to King of Leon before, but my sister highly recommended it, so I checked it out and they're pretty darn good.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 6, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
So Steven Tyler fell off the stage the other night and had to be taken to the hospital. I hope he's ok, but man I sure hope that puts an end to his 'dancing'. Those are some of the goofiest moves and they were never cool, even when he was young.

Not to mention that he is over 60 years old and still doing that goofy s***.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 07:16 AM)
He can't stop himself from faaallllinnnn'!

Too soon?

He definitely couldnt stop himself the other day.

In regards to him being too old to do his "moves", whatever. He took a misstep and fell off the stage, it happens, even to young guys and women.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 07:21 AM)
He definitely couldnt stop himself the other day.

In regards to him being too old to do his "moves", whatever. He took a misstep and fell off the stage, it happens, even to young guys and women.

I don't give a s*** what he does, because I don't pay attention to Aerosmith, but when I happen to see a clip of guys like him or Mick Jagger or ACDC dancing around the stage in tight pants like they did when they were twenty, I think they look ridiculous.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 12:52 AM)
Airborne Toxic Event was damn good today. Killers were solid, but I wish I had seen them a couple years ago so I didn't have to put up with the Day & Age songs (other than Human).

I just heard the Killers cover of Hotel California for their new album. I was not impressed at all

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:28 AM)
I just heard the Killers cover of Hotel California for their new album. I was not impressed at all

Bad. BAD song covered by a declining in quality sound band.

I'm not surprised. I liked Hot Fuss so much, but not so much after that.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 10, 2009 -> 09:28 AM)

Yeah. It's a shame. Hot Fuss is probably one of the best debuts in a generation so they put unfair expectations on themselves, but I'm not going to judge them on a cover with another band.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 13, 2009 -> 01:01 AM)
This year being awful for new music has allowed me to branch out into the past. Even though I think I've just listened to Stop Making Sense like 6000 times.

Yeah, I've been on a big classic rock binge myself.

I think I'm just riddled with nostalgia lately - I re-connected with a bunch of old softball buddies through Facebook, so I've been re-living the past quite a bit these days. Part of getting old and falling apart, I suppose.