Music Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 1, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
BTW, sorry MHIZZLE, I just heard from my girlfriend, tour was cancelled. No reason given. It's all over the news outlets now.

it's aight NITE, I got a few texts last night telling me about it. I'm just glad I didn't buy the tix when I did.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
On a side note, I broke out the Beatles 218, because that always makes me feel better... Thanks again for that Flaxx!

Where'd you come up with an extra song?!? The EMI collection only has 217 songs. :lolhitting

And you are quite welcome.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 03:53 PM)
Bah, I doubled the first song when I pasted them over somehow on the new computer :bang

Make sure that is the case, because there are two versions of Love Me Do in teh set - the LP and the single.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 2, 2009 -> 01:29 PM)
Well some are saying because of bad sales, but I've heard that's just the fluff being thrown out there. Apparently there was creative differences and Gaga thought she would be better off playing on her own in smaller venues.

I just saw a clip where she states that it was a "mutual" decision, as she stated that she'll be still going on tour to all of the same cities. So it seems that Kanye would be the one that pulled out. If it's so he can get his mind right, then I don't blame him at all.

BTW, I highly doubt that this tour would of sold poorly.

saw Kylie Minogue at the Hollywood Bowl last night - an amazing, fun show. The music wasn't going to cure cancer, but for pure fun from beginning to end, I felt like I had gotten more than my money's worth. Lavish sets, spectacle, songs - it was hard to believe she had never played in the US before this tour. Great stuff.

Best 5 Wu Tang albums of all time?

Mine:

1 - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers

2 - Liquid Swords (GZA)

3 - Only Built for Cuban Linx (Raekwon)

4 - Return to the 36 Chambers (ODB)

5 - No Said Date (Masta Killa)

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Oct 6, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
Best 5 Wu Tang albums of all time?

Mine:

1 - Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers

2 - Liquid Swords (GZA)

3 - Only Built for Cuban Linx (Raekwon)

4 - Return to the 36 Chambers (ODB)

5 - No Said Date (Masta Killa)

1 - 36 Chambers

2 - Liquid Swords

3- Only Built for Cuban Linx

4 - Pretty Toney Album

5 - Forever

6 - Tical

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 30, 2009 -> 10:59 AM)
and awesomeness. Download Skream-Skream!. Awesome album.

Thanks for the heads up. Filthy.

And any of these guys worth seeing tonight at Smart Bar:

12TH PLANET

BOOGYMON

DOTTCOM

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 07:56 AM)

The saddest thing about that article is seeing that Butch Walker has become more well-known for being a "teen-pop producer" than he is for being in Marvelous 3, who were fantastic.

The second saddest thing is his taste in music. Yikes.

Edited by The Critic

Sorry to disagree, Crit, but that was not the saddest thing about the article. That award goes to:

"Rivers Cuomo: It might be my favorite track on the album. It was an epic process coming up with it between me, [co-writer] Jermaine Dupri, and [producer] Polow Da Don-- and then Lil Wayne topped it off with this rap from the edge of the grave."

"The first time I really became aware of him was when he worked the Ninja Turtles into the song "Kush". Let me look up the lyrics online. ... Ok, he says, "I feel like I'm racing a bunch of little turtles/ Keep a bandana like the Ninja Turtles." First of all, he rhymes "turtles" with "turtles," which is crazy! Second, he pronounces "turtles" with this real hard "R" so he sounds super nerdy, which is something you don't often hear from black rappers. Third, he references the Ninja Turtles! That's another thing you don't often hear."

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 8, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
Sorry to disagree, Crit, but that was not the saddest thing about the article. That award goes to:

"Rivers Cuomo: It might be my favorite track on the album. It was an epic process coming up with it between me, [co-writer] Jermaine Dupri, and [producer] Polow Da Don-- and then Lil Wayne topped it off with this rap from the edge of the grave."

"The first time I really became aware of him was when he worked the Ninja Turtles into the song "Kush". Let me look up the lyrics online. ... Ok, he says, "I feel like I'm racing a bunch of little turtles/ Keep a bandana like the Ninja Turtles." First of all, he rhymes "turtles" with "turtles," which is crazy! Second, he pronounces "turtles" with this real hard "R" so he sounds super nerdy, which is something you don't often hear from black rappers. Third, he references the Ninja Turtles! That's another thing you don't often hear."

At least that was maybe an attempt to be comical to some degree.

Nothing funny about his s***ty playlist, or about Butch's decline.