Contreras Rumor

Gregory Pratt

http://www.southsidesox.com/comments/2007/...22021/12796/3#3

I heard Jose got served divorce papers 15 minutes before taking the mound in the clubhouse, that probably had an affect on the lethargic outing.

Man, that'd be terrible, if true, to a) be divorced, in his case (and most any case) and b.) to be divorced like that.

Has anyone else heard anything about this or is this just some dude on the Internet?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 07:35 PM)
http://www.southsidesox.com/comments/2007/...22021/12796/3#3

Man, that'd be terrible, if true, to a) be divorced, in his case (and most any case) and b.) to be divorced like that.

Has anyone else heard anything about this or is this just some dude on the Internet?

I'm not sure... but given Ozzie's comments after that start I could totally see this being the case.

So I was at that game, sitting in section 158 and was down by the bullpen during his whole warm-up session and looking back, he did not look like a happy man out there. I was literally standing 5 feet from him. People were cheering him and his face just had a blank stare to it.

That would really suck, my heart goes out to the guy and if this is the case, maybe it can provide some inspiration for him the rest of the way.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 09:38 PM)
Ozzie did mention problems with the wife. That would suck.

Ozzie mentioned Jose's personal problems? Not so sure I'd support Ozzie spouting off about Jose's personal problems, problems that are NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

I wish Jose the best.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 08:46 PM)
AFter all he and his family went through with him defecting and them finally getting to the US as well, that would be horrible.

She needs to appreciate he's the reason she's still not in Cuba. :whip

And what woman could ever divorce herself from the Bronze Titan? :wub:

Edited by shoota

Rumor or not, the divorce can't be the reason his stuff doesn't look near as sharp. Hopefully he'll turn things around but there is a lot less life to his fork and his fastball thus far early in the season.

I remember reading he was throwing pretty hard in spring but it definitely doesn't seem to be the case from watching this game so far (although he's not doing too badly).

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
I don't see how in the world he would get served papers in the clubhouse. They wouldn't let Carlton Fisk in the clubhouse during the 1993 playoffs. No way they'd let a process server in. I don't buy it.

Perhaps he was informed in the clubhouse. There are signs of truth to Contreras + unhappy in all of this on Opening Day. So terrible and sad.

Can you tell me what happened with Fisk + 1993 playoffs? Backstory and then what happened there?

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 10:01 PM)
Rumor or not, the divorce can't be the reason his stuff doesn't look near as sharp.

Really?!? Ya ever been through one?...with kids involved?!?

Sorry...just seems like a really stupid thing to say unless you've ever been in one. They have a MAJOR effect on everything you do...no matter what profession you're in.

As for Oz bringin' up somebody's personal life....the dude was just trying to cover Count's back to take a little heat off of him. I think it should have been brought up...it's a big thing.

Maybe he screwed around on her or treated her like crap, jeez. Maybe its all her fault. I just wouldn't blame her if the former is the case and you guys shouldn't be assuming anything at this point.

Editted for curses.

Edited by max power

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:16 AM)
Maybe he screwed around on her or treated her like crap, jeez. Maybe its all her fault. I just wouldn't blame her if the former is the case and you guys shouldn't be assuming anything at this point.

Editted for curses.

no one is questioning why, just merely the timing. If you had a speech to give in front of 1,500 people within your company, and your wife came up to you 15 minutes before hand and handed you divorce papers, I think you'd be a bit shaken up. Hence, why she could have atleast held off for like a day.

QUOTE(max power @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:16 AM)

Editted for curses.

she could hold on till the off-season or better yet till he is a free agent :P