White Sox vs. Rangers, 4/17/07 (L)

rangercal

I'm not giving up yet but Erstad has to be released, Walker has to be fired, and Crede has to be benched or start hitting the ball into the ground before I'm putting any emotional energy into this team this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 08:08 PM)
There is a bright side to this: if we're going to suck this year and not make the playoffs, it's better that the suckiness starts sooner rather than later so we can unload Buehrle and Dye and continue the rebuilding KW did last offseason.

The Yankees are going to need pitching!!

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 08:58 PM)
Gotta love two different times when Cintron and Mackowiak led off an inning and chased a 3-2 pitch, and then K'd on a pitch down the plate. Our bench = awful.

I just got done saying the same thing to my wife. This is f***ing awful, almost laughable at this point, because you can predict the escalating levels of s***tiness with each at bat.

Its disgusting to watch....

To think, I skipped House for this....thank god for TIVO.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 02:07 AM)
I'll wait until May before judging this offense.

Williams has assembled a World Series championship. Give him a chance.

These are just two of the many excuses you'll hear if performances such as tonight continue. Both concerning the pitching and offense.

We'll also hear:

- Pods is the catalyst, wait until he gets healthy

- This is the most talented team I've ever seen that hasn't hit their stride

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Apr 18, 2007 -> 02:08 AM)
I'm not giving up yet but Erstad has to be released, Walker has to be fired, and Crede has to be benched or start hitting the ball into the ground before I'm putting any emotional energy into this team this year.

The Yankees are going to need pitching!!

Buehrle for Tabata....done

I'll jinx him I'm sure, but I'm more confident with MacDougal on the mound than any other reliever Sox have ever had.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:10 PM)
I'll jinx him I'm sure, but I'm more confident with MacDougal on the mound than any other reliever Sox have ever had.

If he stays healthy, I can see him back in the closer role.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
I agree that MacDougal is the best we've got. Which is exactly why he shouldn't be out there tonight.

Id take Aardsma. But the point is, there really cant be any complaints about the pen right now, which further goes to show how depressing this offense is.

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 09:08 PM)
There is a bright side to this: if we're going to suck this year and not make the playoffs, it's better that the suckiness starts sooner rather than later so we can unload Buehrle and Dye and continue the rebuilding KW did last offseason.

+1

some good things down in AAA tonight, fields was 1/1 with 3BB, nice to see that.

Cunningham 1/3 tonight with 2BB

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Apr 17, 2007 -> 08:09 PM)
I just got done saying the same thing to my wife. This is f***ing awful, almost laughable at this point, because you can predict the escalating levels of s***tiness with each at bat.

Its disgusting to watch....

To think, I skipped House for this....thank god for TIVO.

House was pretty good. I refuse to watch this team until they hit. I have not seen a game except three I was forced to attend. Oh and I have to go Thursday.

I am sick of hearing about hte f***ing cold. The other f***ing teams are cold to. I missed the foot of f***ing snow in Oakland and the ton of off days. I am growing to hate Joe Crede.