And thats a White Sox loser...

BearSox

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to know when we will hit with RISP outside of a homer. We had 2 good games, then back to the homer or nothing crap again. Everyone swinging for the fences, and waiting to board the plane. Hopefully they will ge their heads out of their asses, and play good in KC.

Also, a couple comments on Ozzie useage of the pitching.

1. Why take out Garland in the first place? Besides the 1st inning, no one even came close to hitting Garland. Why not let him finish it? He only had thrown 102-3 pitches, which is pretty good.

2. Why not actually put your closer in? I have nothing against Aardsma, and that was horrid pitch calling by Pierzynski, but in a game close like that, shouldn't you put your closer in?

3. Why take out Masset and put in Logan? This one, I really don't understand. Granderson, besides for his leadoff double, had done nothing the whole game, and everyone knew Leyland would pinch hit Monroe if Logan came in. Plus, the rest of the hitters after Granderson are righty.

So, this would be Ozzie's 2nd blown game, correct?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 02:43 PM)

1. Why take out Garland in the first place? Besides the 1st inning, no one even came close to hitting Garland. Why not let him finish it? He only had thrown 102-3 pitches, which is pretty good.

2. Why not actually put your closer in? I have nothing against Aardsma, and that was horrid pitch calling by Pierzynski, but in a game close like that, shouldn't you put your closer in?

3. Why take out Masset and put in Logan? This one, I really don't understand. Granderson, besides for his leadoff double, had done nothing the whole game, and everyone knew Leyland would pinch hit Monroe if Logan came in. Plus, the rest of the hitters after Granderson are righty.

You're not serious are you?

Ozzie didn't do anything wrong.

Jenks has thrown what, three days in a row? It was the right move to go with someone not named Bobby Jenks in the ninth.

As far as leaving Garland in for the ninth -- it's a coinflip there. I wouldn't have minded either decision as Garland was at 105 pitches.

I know we're going to hear a lot about Aardsma not having the balls to pitch in the ninth... whatever... he had a bad game at the wrong time. I just hope his arm doesn't fall off by seasons end, as he seems to be the most used reliever on the Sox.

Other than one loaf to a ball and a bad pitch (two if you want to count Logan's), the Sox played well and should've came out of here with a sweep. Frustrating that they couldn't finish it, but they played well for the whole series and took two at Detroit.

I'll leave Konerko alone as I'm sure he'll get 'beaten up' -- and deservedly so -- enough.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 08:43 PM)

No

QUOTE(fathom @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
Anderson's was huge in a few games his first two years. Right now, he's just a waste of what could be a valuable roster spot. We simply don't hit lefty pitching, and it's no shock that Ledezma shut us down.

At least Ledezma is a good pitcher. I think he's better than the guy who started yesterday.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:44 PM)
You're not serious are you?

I am 100% serious. 5-3, against a good Tigers club. This was a must win game. You can't expect to win the division let alone the wildcard if you are blowing games like these.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
Only listened to the game, but I would like to know why we were relying on our two last options out of the pen to win us this ballgame?

At this point, I'm concerned there might be something wrong with Thornton.

Oh, and I never even thought of Thornton (thanks to fathom bringing that up). He has been the least used reliever (outside of Logan, of course). Why not let him close it?

And anyone else really wondering what the F AJ was thinking by calling for 3 straight fastballs to a good fastball hitter in Thames? He was sitting dead red fastball, and while it was bad location, a fastball should not have been thrown there. In fact, I didn't like that whole sequence to Thames. First pitch should have been a slider, to get Thames thinking, and make slow his bat down.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:43 PM)

1. Garland was leaving the ball up in the 8th. He was done.

2. Jenks was unavailable today. Most of the bullpen was. Thornton should've gotten the call and Aardsma should have given a day of rest.

3. I guess Ozzie wanted a fresh arm. Nothing wrong with that, Logan just didn't get the job done.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
Is this one of those magical "other 40" games that Hawk always talks about? You know, win 60, lose 60...

Just thinking about Paul Konerko right now makes me sick.

lol, I hear ya about PK. I am one PK's biggest fans, but right now, I would like to play with his blood with you. 0-6, 3 K's, 1 pop out, 1 FC, and 1 GIDP, with what, 7-10 runners left on base? Disgusting.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:50 PM)
Is this one of those magical "other 40" games that Hawk always talks about? You know, win 60, lose 60...

Just thinking about Paul Konerko right now makes me sick.

No, I think yesterday's game was. Verlander was on the bump today, generally you chalk that up as an L. Sox couldn't get it done today, but they didn't have all their "A" guys available.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
Oh, and I never even thought of Thornton (thanks to fathom bringing that up). He has been the least used reliever (outside of Logan, of course). Why not let him close it?

And anyone else really wondering what the F AJ was thinking by calling for 3 straight fastballs to a good fastball hitter in Thames? He was sitting dead red fastball, and while it was bad location, a fastball should not have been thrown there. In fact, I didn't like that whole sequence to Thames. First pitch should have been a slider, to get Thames thinking, and make slow his bat down.

After the first swing by Thames, he should have not seen another fastball.

I've seen a lot of issues with the White Sox this year that seem systemic. The whole BA/Erstad thing for one. The way our hitting isn't catching, the way our pitching looks early in games.

One of the things I loved about the White Sox for the last few years is that it seems that at least the managers didn't get in the way of putting the team in such a bad way to win. Or maybe I just wasn't as conscious of that. This year, I just don't feel that way.

I don't feel like our pitching and hitting coaches are getting their jobs done and our players aren't ready coming out of the dugout. It feels to me like personal issues are coming up in management decisions and even though the players aren't doing their job - it feels like the managers aren't doing their job either.

I think it might be time for an organizational shakeup. I like BA a lot, but if he's not going to get the playing time he needs to be effective and develop him as a player, send him to Charlotte - or trade him to a team where he might be of use. And maybe we need to think about some changes in the coaching staff.

Something here doesn't feel right. The atmosphere doesn't seem as loose and productive as it has in the past few years. It just feels like the people KW hired to turn the team away from the atmosphere it had four years ago are now creating that atmosphere - and it shows in our effort.

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Apr 22, 2007 -> 03:52 PM)
Verlander was on the bump today, generally you chalk that up as an L.

I call BS on that one...

Zoolander is 1-4 with an ERA north of 7 against us....

This should have been a W. Period.

I just want to know when this team will hit something outside of a homer to score. It did happen this weekend. But its not happening enough. Its warm out, unless they think 70 degrees is cold. Now I know that usually means lift and pull is back into full production, but our sitatuional hitting sucks. If we are still hitting like this come May 1st, and we are homer or nothing and most of our lineup is lost. Hopefully KW will have the balls to fire Walker, and get someone in here who can teach them out to level their swing out, and maybe help with a long looping swing.