Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

the honor meter scared me at first but then i ignored it so that my guy can be a true bad guy outlaw. My fame meter is maxed and my honor is wayyy low.. its funny the way the people in the towns react when i come strollin by :bringit

BTW... I just tried jumping from the balcony of my place in Armadillo and landing on my horse, and to my surprise it actually worked! i jumped, landed on my horse and it sort of transported me into a position where i can ride it immediately.. lol pretty cool

Edited by flippedoutpunk

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I had like 10 hours tonight just to play this game.

I haven't been able to sit and just play due to real life, but last night I got in a good hour, and it was neat that some dude approached be because his brother was being hanged. I shot that f*** free and blew a bunch of turd's heads off for doing it. Lord only knows if he deserved to be hanged, but I helped him anyway.

I kinda feel like being a baddie, but I haven't decided yet, right now I'm a good guy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:29 AM)
I wish I had like 10 hours tonight just to play this game.

I haven't been able to sit and just play due to real life, but last night I got in a good hour, and it was neat that some dude approached be because his brother was being hanged. I shot that f*** free and blew a bunch of turd's heads off for doing it. Lord only knows if he deserved to be hanged, but I helped him anyway.

I kinda feel like being a baddie, but I haven't decided yet, right now I'm a good guy.

Worst part of the game is time to play it. I could be playing this game for months.

(In all honesty, I could be playing just RDR & The Show for a long time and be happy)

Edit: Is American Appetites weirding anyone else out?

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 20, 2010 -> 06:21 PM)
(In all honesty, I could be playing just RDR & The Show for a long time and be happy)

Not with the new patch that came out. They still haven't fixed the 3rd patch, and it's driving me up the wall. And of course it happens my last week of summer where I won't work full time too.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 20, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Edit: Is American Appetites weirding anyone else out?

Nah, it was pretty much what I thought it was..

I beat the story mode yesterday, now all I gotta do is get it to 100% and then focus on the multiplayer.. theres a ton of stuff to do still..

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ May 21, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
Not with the new patch that came out. They still haven't fixed the 3rd patch, and it's driving me up the wall. And of course it happens my last week of summer where I won't work full time too.

What new patch?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 21, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
What new patch?

The third patch that came out earlier this week made it so that if you get the third out, and a runner crosses home, the run scores. They just fixed it with another today, apparently.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ May 21, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
The third patch that came out earlier this week made it so that if you get the third out, and a runner crosses home, the run scores. They just fixed it with another today, apparently.

Well that explains that. I was so confused yesterday when it happened to me.

And yes I did have to download another patch to play today.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 16, 2010 -> 10:40 PM)
Been playing Just Cause 2 after completing the likes of GTA 4, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins on PC, and I just can't get into it that much.

One thing is the complete lack of a storyline, the other is when I'm driving a motorcycle or a car the camera control makes it basically impossible to drive full speed and turn without crashing into something.

I'll keep playing it, but I much preferred GTA IV, and I'm just about to start playing the 2 episodes which just got released on PC about a month back.

Maybe it's just a PC vs. Console thing though.

You're playing that game with a keyboard? :unsure:

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ May 23, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
Just got RDR & played for about 3-4 hours this weekend. So much fun, still deciding if I wanna be a good guy or not though.

I can confirm that once your guy has the lowest honor possible, you summon an "evil" black horse when you whiste. Pretty cool touch.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 24, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
I can confirm that once your guy has the lowest honor possible, you summon an "evil" black horse when you whiste. Pretty cool touch.

Sounds dope, but I like the stallion that I've got now.

I did lose some honor when killing the old man for the deed to his land.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 23, 2010 -> 11:33 PM)
Does RDR control like GTA4? That would be a turn off...

Its literally the exact same game as GTA but in the Wild West..

The difference is the time eras.. it just seems more fitting to be in the west as when I was in a city I was more preoccupied with killing everyone and stealing cars.. this game though, it just feels a lot better..

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 23, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)

Is this a pre order code or not though?

Because I got the Golden Guns code, but no horse code.. if you get a cool horse when evil though, ima start killing people and get that honor down..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 24, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
Is this a pre order code or not though?

Because I got the Golden Guns code, but no horse code.. if you get a cool horse when evil though, ima start killing people and get that honor down..

no the pre order code was for the War horse (which i am glad i preordered for), the horse u get for being evil is just some evil black horse with a little white patch on the face.. pretty cool stuff

DarkHorse1.jpg

Edited by flippedoutpunk

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 24, 2010 -> 01:32 AM)
I really want RDR but I'm so cheap. I just don't know if I can spend the 60 bucks.

Do it. It's worth every penny.

This coming from a guy who may only buy 4-5 games a year. Half of those being the NCAA/Madden series.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 24, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)
Yeah, this is definitely going to be Game of the Year.

Even though it doesn't appeal to me Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks like the front runner right now with Mass Effect 2 also having a say.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 24, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
Even though it doesn't appeal to me Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks like the front runner right now with Mass Effect 2 also having a say.

Wow, seriously?? I am looking forward to getting that game, but that surprises me that you would think that. Not that you have ripped on Wii or anything, but just that from what I am reading from pretty much all of you, RDR is the sh**

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 24, 2010 -> 01:20 PM)
Wow, seriously?? I am looking forward to getting that game, but that surprises me that you would think that. Not that you have ripped on Wii or anything, but just that from what I am reading from pretty much all of you, RDR is the sh**

People are absolutely in love with SMG2 with talk of it actually being better than the original (which I actually purchased and never finished, I realize Mario only works for me as a side scrolling platformer) and the original won all kinds of awards, people do love their Mario. For me personally RDR will probably be my most enjoyable video game experience of the year but for the masses and video game publications SMG2 will be better received.