Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 06:40 AM)
guys, as of last night I have now officially played Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

and lemme tell ya - it's pretty effing sweet.

Do you live in Japan? I'm assuming not, so how?

I know a couple publications have called it the greatest game ever, so I'm pretty pumped for it.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 11:43 PM)
Do you live in Japan? I'm assuming not, so how?

I know a couple publications have called it the greatest game ever, so I'm pretty pumped for it.

friend of mine got a japanese mod for his wii and the japanese version of the game so i got to play it thursday night.

the controls take a little bit to get used to - they're generally the same as the old game but just feel a bit different. not bad though. I can say that even though they're still clones, Fox & Falco and Ganondorf & C. Falcon do actually handle and play differently so it's not terrible. Sonic is fast as hell. Like, so fast i ran myself off the stage a couple times getting used to it. But he's fun to play.

The stages are fantastic and the backgrounds are insane. Visually the game is stunning.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Feb 11, 2008 -> 11:25 PM)
As the loading screen says, Good Luck

My friend who is pretty amazing has gotten to 90% through it and then failed.

It's sorta cheating though, cuz during the first complete hammer-on solo, one of either my roommate or I have to strum for him.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 9, 2008 -> 09:07 AM)
friend of mine got a japanese mod for his wii and the japanese version of the game so i got to play it thursday night.

the controls take a little bit to get used to - they're generally the same as the old game but just feel a bit different. not bad though. I can say that even though they're still clones, Fox & Falco and Ganondorf & C. Falcon do actually handle and play differently so it's not terrible. Sonic is fast as hell. Like, so fast i ran myself off the stage a couple times getting used to it. But he's fun to play.

The stages are fantastic and the backgrounds are insane. Visually the game is stunning.

Metaknight, Game and Watch, Wind Waker Link, and Marth are top tier. Fox and Falco were nerfed pretty badly. No more wavedash or L-Cancel or down-cancel. Aerial combat seems to have been the main focus. Stages are insane. Can't wait until it comes out here.

(BTW, I used to play Melee competitively)

QUOTE(almagest @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 06:52 AM)
Metaknight, Game and Watch, Wind Waker Link, and Marth are top tier. Fox and Falco were nerfed pretty badly. No more wavedash or L-Cancel or down-cancel. Aerial combat seems to have been the main focus. Stages are insane. Can't wait until it comes out here.

(BTW, I used to play Melee competitively)

I hear Metaknight, even though he has by far the best comboing ability, has terrible smashes so I don't know how much you'd see of him on the competitive scene. That said, the focus of the game certainly has less emphasis on actual smashing in comparison to Melee.

I've heard Fox is still maybe the best, and that Diddy of all characters might be his biggest competetion for top tier(Toon Link too). Agreed on the stages all look so awesome.

I'm a Marth-main, so it's great to see that he looks even better than he was in Melee. His Final Smash almost wants me to leave items on.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 12:09 AM)
I hear Metaknight, even though he has by far the best comboing ability, has terrible smashes so I don't know how much you'd see of him on the competitive scene. That said, the focus of the game certainly has less emphasis on actual smashing in comparison to Melee.

I've heard Fox is still maybe the best, and that Diddy of all characters might be his biggest competetion for top tier(Toon Link too). Agreed on the stages all look so awesome.

I'm a Marth-main, so it's great to see that he looks even better than he was in Melee. His Final Smash almost wants me to leave items on.

It's so much harder to kill someone via a smash in this game, and so much easier to recover, so I'd rather have the high damage ability of Metaknight. Get someone over 150+ damage and you'll kill them with most any smash or strong hit anyway.

Like I said, Fox has been seriously nerfed, from what I've seen/heard. Could be wrong though. I'll know for sure once it's out here.

Marth is my favorite character in the game. Pit is rising pretty quickly, though.

Not sure how tournament-worthy this game is, at least compared to Melee. Initially seems it's not.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)
anyone know where I can get a Wii?

I go in gamestop and ask if they have any Wii's and they just give me a blank stare and "No".

Im guessing they wont be readily available until late spring/early summer, other than that you just need to ask the stores when their shipment comes in and be at the store when it gets there.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 09:43 AM)
MLB 08: The Show's demo was very fun.

Agreed, I'll probably have to go buy that. The only thing I didn't like was the use of the sixaxis - you move the controller vertically to jump or horizontally to dive. Kinda weird.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
For the 360, is there are actual advantage to laying it flat or standing it up?

No. Mine stood for a while, now it's resting flat. I've noticed no difference. Just make sure to keep it well-ventilated to avoid "The Red Ring of Death" for as long as possible.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 16, 2008 -> 10:08 AM)
I go in gamestop and ask if they have any Wii's and they just give me a blank stare and "No".

Im guessing they wont be readily available until late spring/early summer, other than that you just need to ask the stores when their shipment comes in and be at the store when it gets there.

Lol nobody know when their shipments arrive.... and you never know how much your going to get either. Its crazy how high the demand for that machine still is.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 06:06 AM)
Lol nobody know when their shipments arrive.... and you never know how much your going to get either. Its crazy how high the demand for that machine still is.

Circuit City on Meacham and Golf rd knew, two weeks ago I was in the store and the guy at the tech coutner told me the following thursday they were going to get a shipment(which they did), but you are right they didnt know how many they were going to get. and they also said to pay close attention to the weekly flyers too, supposedly they will say when Wii's are available.

It is crazy how much that system is still in demand. I was sure that it would be the PS3's that nobody could find and the Wii's were going to be ready for you when you walked into the store.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 09:40 AM)
well, Wii's gonna have some competition soon. Appareantly Sony is going to turn the ps2 into a similar machine like the Wii and have a similar controller.

Why would they bother going back to PS2 for that? Why wouldnt they work that into PS3 if they feel they need to compete with the motion sensor control aspect of the Wii?

And I seriously doubt Nintendo is worried about competition, they are in their own little world with the DS and Wii now