Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 11:32 AM)
I'm gonna go in the way back machine, because I never got a GameCube and the family still doesn't have a Wii, though we will eventually.

Anyways, for historical purposes, how much different was Fox from the N64 version to the GameCube version to the current version? Cuz I definitely dominated everyone with Fox on the 64.

Fox is top-top tier in Smash Melee. He and Marth pretty much dominate the game. Captain Falcon is up there, too.

Fox is still good in Brawl, though not nearly as good as he was in Melee. At least, that seems to be the consensus now. The ranking of characters fluctuates a lot during the initial year after a game is released, though.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 3 1/2 year old just solved Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on Xbox 360: Live Arcade. My wife was not as impressed as I was. He has also went through 3 levels on Ace Combat 6. His preschool told us to work on his fine motor skills they suggested cutting paper, I found a better outlet.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(BearSox @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 11:24 PM)
I was watching a video for MLB 2k8 on gamespot, and it does not look good at all. Doesn't seem fluid one bit.

Looks almost the same as last year. Still, 2k8 looks a lot more polished than what I've seen of 2008, and I'm a fan of Sony's game.

Anybody else pumped? I heard the graphics are horrid on Wii though, and that's what I have. What do you all think about it?

mlb2k8coverfd4.th.jpg

Title - MLB 2K8

Release Date - March 3, 2008

Platforms - XBOX 360, Playstation 3, Wii, XBOX, Playstation 2, Playstation Portable

Developer / Publisher - Kush Games / 2K Sports

Edited by jenks45monster

Last night was a Wii bonanza in my househould. My niece got the Dance Dance revolution game and dance pad, Endless Ocean, and Bust a Move Bash.

Endless ocean is just fun to play around with, there is no real goal of the game outside of exploring, so my 13 year old niece, 9 year old niece, and 7 year old daughter really loved the game.

Bust a move sounds like a dance game, but its like tetris with different colored bubbles, i

havent gotten the hang of it yet, but it is also pretty fun

DDR was fun for the girls, its not really my cup of tea per se, but it was fun to play with them. The song selection seemed a bit wierd

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 11:03 AM)
So when does Super Smash come out -- this weekend? Is reserving it necessary/recommended?

It's likely too late to get a reservation (maybe at Gamestop), though I would never recommend doing so. You should be able to get a copy at Target or Bestbuy or something.

So I am back into the video games after about a 4 year lay off. I bought the PS3 as a Christmas present for myself back in December. I've played my way through Uncharted and COD4, played a crapload of Madden, and even a bit of Ratchet & Clank. However, a few weeks ago, I decided to get a new game, as I was getting bored with Madden. After a bit of research, I decided to go with Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition), because I used to be a big fan of the RPG's back in the day (Zork, anyone?).

Anyways, what a game! I've never seen a console game (or any game, for that matter) with such a huge world to explore and so many things to do. I've been addicted to the game for the last few weeks and I doubt I have even scratched the surface of how many things there are to do. Just a truly amazing game, and well worth the $60 I paid.

I'm sure people have posted about Oblivion in this thread, but I just wanted to reiterate it for anyone who is looking for a new game and hasn't played Oblivion yet. Believe me, if you like RPG's at all (or even if you don't), this game is unbelievable.

I was really excited about The Show when I bought Oblivion a few weeks ago, but I'm not even sure when I'll play it (I am still going to go out and get it).

All in all, I've been absolutely pleased with the PS3, including the blu-ray player.

I've put in like 120+ hours into Oblivion, and I've explored maybe a third of the entire world. I do have all 50 achievements, but I don't have the GOTY addition with the two add-ons. I'll get that when I go home for break in about 10 days.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
I've put in like 120+ hours into Oblivion, and I've explored maybe a third of the entire world. I do have all 50 achievements, but I don't have the GOTY addition with the two add-ons. I'll get that when I go home for break in about 10 days.

I'm not sure how many hours I've been put in (probably about 50), but I spent the first 30 with a bounty, so everything took longer. I finally went to jail and it has been a bit easier to get things done (and far less annoying). I've got about 18 quests done now, but I'm moving faster now.

I just got into "the Fringe." Not sure if that is in the regular version or not since this is where you get into the Shivering Isles. But it just seems like the game could go on and on forever...

or .... or we could all go buy MLB 2k8 which came out today .. wooooooo

edit i was reading the most overrated and underrated ratings for are teams .. are overrated was Dye at like 86 or something .. and our underrated was Fields at 69(which is a shame)

Edited by JFields27

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 04:34 PM)
or .... or we could all go buy MLB 2k8 which came out today .. wooooooo

edit i was reading the most overrated and underrated ratings for are teams .. are overrated was Dye at like 86 or something .. and our underrated was Fields at 69(which is a shame)

eh, i bought last years and while it was ok, nothing spectacular, will not be buying it this year. I have MVP sitting right here and no console to play it on (damn you no backwards compatibility)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 10:35 PM)
So on Saturday night I won a Nintendo Wii during a rather heated game of poker. For all you guys my age who have Wii's what games do you recommend?

MLB Power Pros if you like playing games with your friends. It's not a game you should buy if you're a big "dynasty" or "franchise" person, but the controls are relatively easy to learn. It has the best baseball game-play -- IMO -- of any game since MVP 2005. It looks like a little kids' game -- and it may very well be -- but it's a fun game if you know you'll have some friends to battle with.

Super Smash Brothers will obviously be a 'must-buy' once that comes out.

I enjoyed the Tiger Woods game too, although I didn't buy the latest one.

And the Mario game is a must-buy as well, although I myself haven't purchased it.

Buehrle>Wood is usually the go-to guy when it comes to the Wii, so when he sees this I'm sure you'll get a much better and more info from him.

Pre-ordered Rainbow Six LS 2. I am sick of the damn helicopters and airstrikes every 10 seconds on the COD matches. Some dufus gets 5 kills in a row, then ducks and hides for the match while his automated robot army kills everything in site. Graphics are cool, but I want to go back to something that is more of a shooter.

I'm still majorly peeved that they never brought Major League Power Pros out here. Instead we get "The Bigs".

A lot of previews went up for GTAIV as well recently, only 2 months now until it comes out.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 11:35 PM)
So on Saturday night I won a Nintendo Wii during a rather heated game of poker. For all you guys my age who have Wii's what games do you recommend?

Multiplayer musts

Super Smash Bros Brawl(Actually, should have a notch single player too. It's Out Sunday, going to be teh best game evar. I'm going to the midnight launch because I'm a huge tool).

Super Mario Strikers Charged(Online is ridiculously fun, as is playing with a friend or 3)

Guitar Hero 3(If you have either a PS3 or 360, I would suggest that version, as it has downloadable content, which the Wii version does not feature)

Single Player musts

Zelda: Twilight Princess

Super Mario Galaxy(Currently the 2nd best reviewed game ever)

Resdient Evil 4(Should be on the cheap, >25$)

Some other solid games you might want to look at: MLB Power Pros, Madden(If you don't have another system), Rayman Raving Rabbids(another fun multiplayer game).

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)

What type of games do you like?

Just pre-ordered MLB 2k8. Supposedly the fielding and running mechanics have been re-done, as well as the pitching. Power swings are gone and its all timing now.

Guy who was the head of the MVP franchise headed this development, and from what I hear it will be way better than 2k7. I'll let you all know tomorrow night.

MLB 2k8 Advancements and Enhancements

Edited by Steve9347

I think the big thing for me was actually getting to play The Show as a demo. I was impressed even after playing about 50 games between the Red Sox and Rockies. I'm ubber-pumped to finally get the game today and start my Sox season.

For anyone that has purchased The Show before, how is the franchise setting? Is it pretty typical and include all the normal management tools? One thing I liked about 2k7 (or maybe 2k5, I can't remember) was that you could open up your own ballpark and then slowly add features to it based on how much $$ and fans you made. That would be cool if The Show had that feature as well, but I haven't heard anything about it.