Mike North

pale_hose

This morning I was listening to Mike North. A caller called in and said that he wish North would give Ozzie a show where North just yells at him b/c of how good the Sox have been playing lately. Then North goes on and talks about how the Sox clubhouse is a bunch of bad asses, and they might fight in the lockerroom, but will go out, band together and win ball games. He then compared them to the old A's teams and said that the Chicago White Sox come back and win the 2007 World Series. Does Mike North actually think this or is he just kissing Ozzie's ass?

QUOTE(pale_hose @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:21 AM)
This morning I was listening to Mike North. A caller called in and said that he wish North would give Ozzie a show where North just yells at him b/c of how good the Sox have been playing lately. Then North goes on and talks about how the Sox clubhouse is a bunch of bad asses, and they might fight in the lockerroom, but will go out, band together and win ball games. He then compared them to the old A's teams and said that the Chicago White Sox come back and win the 2007 World Series. Does Mike North actually think this or is he just kissing Ozzie's ass?

Actually it sounds like a lot of fair weather fans we have in this forum, to be honest. The sky was never falling, in my opinion, and it's just a matter of time before we start hitting. If our starting pitching continues as is and our bullpen straightens out a bit, we're going to be dangerous if we make it to the post season.

QUOTE(pale_hose @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:21 AM)

I heard Mike's rants too. He normally just yells a bunch of nonsense when people call him up with rants, and this is no different. I dont think it could be farther from the truth what he said about this years Sox, I dont think they are like the 70's Oakland A's who hated each other but played well together and won the World Series. The media is looking for quotes in the clubhouse and now AJ Pierzynski and Buehrle hate each other according to recent quotes. Its all blown out of proportion garbage.

He may feel that they are gonna win the World Series, but I dont think he has a good idea of what is happening inside the clubhouse.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:59 AM)
I heard Mike's rants too. He normally just yells a bunch of nonsense when people call him up with rants, and this is no different. I dont think it could be farther from the truth what he said about this years Sox, I dont think they are like the 70's Oakland A's who hated each other but played well together and won the World Series. The media is looking for quotes in the clubhouse and now AJ Pierzynski and Buehrle hate each other according to recent quotes. Its all blown out of proportion garbage.

He may feel that they are gonna win the World Series, but I dont think he has a good idea of what is happening inside the clubhouse.

North to NYC?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/colum...user=CTUSERNAME

For some reason I always find myself listening to North. I think what I enjoy is listening to his cast of bozo's around him kissing his butt the whole time. I know Annie disagrees with him at times, but some of her stances are so ridiculous that I think she is told to actually disagree with him. But the butt-kissing I like is when Fred (that his name?) makes a joke, then North follows up with the exact same joke, but more or less taking the credit for the joke, and everybody laughs. It's sooo weird, but so great. The guy is a complete moron, and it's great to hear everybody just humor him.

As for his prediction that the Sox will win it all, this is the same goof that with one win against Detroit, he started saying the Bulls were going to sweep the rest of the way, and he was being serious.

How, by the way, did he get the job? He had no history in radio, right? He was some hotdog seller, right? Was he friends with all the right people or something? Was his hotdog cart better than his show?

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 23, 2007 -> 03:05 PM)
For some reason I always find myself listening to North. I think what I enjoy is listening to his cast of bozo's around him kissing his butt the whole time. I know Annie disagrees with him at times, but some of her stances are so ridiculous that I think she is told to actually disagree with him. But the butt-kissing I like is when Fred (that his name?) makes a joke, then North follows up with the exact same joke, but more or less taking the credit for the joke, and everybody laughs. It's sooo weird, but so great. The guy is a complete moron, and it's great to hear everybody just humor him.

As for his prediction that the Sox will win it all, this is the same goof that with one win against Detroit, he started saying the Bulls were going to sweep the rest of the way, and he was being serious.

How, by the way, did he get the job? He had no history in radio, right? He was some hotdog seller, right? Was he friends with all the right people or something? Was his hotdog cart better than his show?

The way he explains it, the guy who started the Score was at his hot dog stand mentioning the possibility of starting a sports radio channel, and North wouldnt leave him alone until he gave him a chance. North made his own tape and got hired. When North was inducted into some hall of fame recently they played the tape, it was hilariously bad. And he didnt sound the same AT ALL.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 23, 2007 -> 03:25 PM)
You mean he gained the annoying accent through the years? I thought you became more professional and smooth through practice. No?

It worked the opposite way with North

North would fit right in, in New York. He is an asshole and so it every New Yorker I have ever met. I used to go to NYC in Mid-Town twice a month for work. To their defense, New Yorkers have to put up with the most impossible traffic and transportation systems in the world. I would go across the GWB, the Trapenzi (Sp?) or through the mid-town tunnel and it would take hours. Plus you get to pay somewhere in the neighborhood of $6-12 for the aggravation. The other option was to take the subway, an experience of sights and smells you will never forget. These are New Yorkers excuses. North has none. I would hope that when he gets out there, he forgets he is from Chicago.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ May 23, 2007 -> 03:42 PM)
There is not a single fairweather fan on this site.

Why do you say that? Because you've got to be dedicated to post on a message board for your team? (I'm not disagreeing. Just curious if that's your reason.)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 23, 2007 -> 04:55 PM)
Why do you say that? Because you've got to be dedicated to post on a message board for your team? (I'm not disagreeing. Just curious if that's your reason.)

most likely, although we did see a jump of posters after we won the WS :P

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 23, 2007 -> 01:16 PM)
The way he explains it, the guy who started the Score was at his hot dog stand mentioning the possibility of starting a sports radio channel, and North wouldnt leave him alone until he gave him a chance. North made his own tape and got hired. When North was inducted into some hall of fame recently they played the tape, it was hilariously bad. And he didnt sound the same AT ALL.

I think he also used to buy time to do a radio show before he started with the score, while he still sold hot dogs.

North should dust off the old "Hug a Black Day" bit when he gets to NYC. It would be a perfect way to pay tribute to Imus and make amends for Imus' sins.