MMA Thread

• 1 month later...

That Silva vs Bisping fight was something else. Terrific fight

Lol at silva, knocking him out and then jumping out of the cage to celebrate. Turns out Bisping was saved by the bell.

Bisping goes on to win decision because Silva has no inTeresa in actually fighting over trying to get on highline reals.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

Silva is more interested in clowning around. It as obvious he knew Bisping provided no danger and when Silva decided to turn it on, it was a mismatch.

MMA and the UFC need to do two things:

1. Scrap the 10-9 scoring system. If that fight yesterday was 25 minutes without rounds then Silva wins easily.

2. Get rid of the saved by the bell stuff. Bisping was basically KOed. Needed help from his corner but he's able to fight 60 seconds later? Pretty much proves MMA isn't mainstream bc if that would've happened it any other major sport, the media and fans would be having a field day.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 12:12 AM)
McGregor's s*** ground game exposed.

Rumors of him fighting GSP at UFC 200 sounds even funnier now.

That wasn't his s*** ground game. Dude was wobbled as f*** for a full minute after one punch. He barely knew where he was. He was about to get ktfo'd and had no choice but to go to the groud as a last ditch effort. He was done regardless, wasn't protecting himself at all.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 12:15 AM)
That wasn't his s*** ground game. Dude was wobbled as f*** for a full minute after one punch. He barely knew where he was. He was about to get ktfo'd and had no choice but to go to the groud as a last ditch effort. He was done regardless, wasn't protecting himself at all.

I've seen people who been rocked much harder and still managed to pull guard and protect themselves on the ground. Conor has never been tested on the ground and he shown little knowledge of defending down there, it was exposed tonight.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 01:21 AM)
I've seen people who been rocked much harder and still managed to pull guard and protect themselves on the ground. Conor has never been tested on the ground and he shown little knowledge of defending down there, it was exposed tonight.

Mendes, on short notice, was killing McGregor on the ground before gassing.

Looked like a blue belt on the ground tonight.

Wow, Rhonda is as much as a coward and loser as I thought she was. Dana White just said it's going to be Tate vs Rousey for the title (said whoever won tonight's fight was going to fight Rhonda for the title. I don't know how he thinks that should be the case, but whatever) and he told Rhonda what happened since she didn't watch the fight (reports are that her managers also said she refuses to answer any questions about tonight's fight). Once she heard Miesha won, she said she better get back to work.

This girl sees Miesha Tate as a meal ticket since she's beaten her twice before, but was scared s***less of Holm to the point to where she didn't want to fight until October at the earliest. So mentally fragile.

I'm sure Rhonda would've fought Holm next if she had won. I enjoy UFC but Tate never should've gotten a title match and is now champion.

A Rousey vs Holm rematch is more interesting to me than Rousey vs Tate part 352. Even without the title on the line.

Edited by Brian

So Rousey gets destroyed and gets a title shot but Holm who on all accounts that I saw was winning the fight before getting caught can't get a rematch?

Pretty much goes to show you how big of a joke women's MMA is.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
So Rousey gets destroyed and gets a title shot but Holm who on all accounts that I saw was winning the fight before getting caught can't get a rematch?

Holm didn't defend her belt one time successfully, why should she get a rematch? Rousey was the undisputed top fighter since the UFC started women's mma.... I don't see how she shouldn't get the title fight.

The last time we saw Rousey she was getting destroyed and KOed. So that warrants a title shot?

Or should there be a rematch between Holm and Rousey first? That makes a lot more sense than Rousey going straight to a title shot against someone she's embarrassed twice before.

I guess the UFC is scared that if it's Holm-Rousey and it goes the same was as the first fight, then Rousey runs off to Hollywood and makes terrible movies. Atleast giving Rousey the belt against Tate gives the UFC two fights to cash in off of.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
Her legacy has already taken a hit. She hasn't beat anyone good. She's basically the women's Chuck Liddell. Took advantage of fighters who weren't elite and had a heavy hand.

Miesha Tate had such a great plan yesterday though. I thought Holly was still impressive in a loss but Tate just did not allow her to get inside.

The best part of the night for me was when Diaz caught McGregor with a combo right on the chin. McGregor gets slumped and before he regains his control he's still showing off and being cocky. I don't know if he was out of it or trying to pretend he wasn't rocked but Diaz just picked him apart from that point on. Diaz is really just a fighter - at no point did he ever look nervous or overmatched. That second round was just masterful, he just stuck to his game. He never tried to do too much, he just kept taking what he was given.

RE: McGregor vs Diaz, McGregor got absolutely rocked on that shot and never recovered. He had absolutely no balance even when not being pressured from that point out.

Honestly I believe the weight made all the difference. Diaz weighed 15 lbs more. McGregor landed a ton of clean shots to Diaz' head and yet he was unfazed. MacGregor, despite having a great chin, takes one clean hit and was basically out from there.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)

My point exactly. Holm was winning the fight 3-1 and was on her way to winning completely before Meisha was able to grapple her. I'd be more interested in Holm vs Tate II than Rousey vs Tate 24324

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
She was also an undefeated champion before she lost, she absolutely deserves a title shot.

So was Holm. And Holm dominated Rhonda. It wasn't a close fight. Holm also did a lot better against Tate than Rousey did against Holm.

Flat out, if Holm isn't getting a rematch(again, she was winning that fight big), then it should be Holm vs Rousey to see who the #1 contender was.