White Sox vs. Twins, 5/29/07 (L)

knightni

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this.

Hit the f***ing ball. If you get RISP late in the game, do not try and hit the majestic home run. Put the ball in play and make something happen.

Dont run the bases like you are 2 years old and lost at the mall.

Catch the f***ing ball.

Attack the hitters from a pitching perspective. Man up, and throw strikes. Attack the hitters, how about a novel idea and pound the ball inside. Why do our hard throwing guys, go away away away. Here is a clue, you are not facing the whitesox. When you throw hard, go in. Dont throw something away that can tail over the plate for a dong.

Just f***ing win.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ May 29, 2007 -> 10:33 AM)
The Boof is getting bounced.

I would also not be to shocked if AJ is plunked.

Boof is gonna get Bonsered!!!!!!!!

I think the AJ thing is over. There was nothing there...I've watched the replays over and over...It was a whole lotta nothin.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2007 -> 02:37 PM)
How about this.

Hit the f***ing ball. If you get RISP late in the game, do not try and hit the majestic home run. Put the ball in play and make something happen.

Catch the f***ing ball.

Attack the hitters from a pitching perspective. Man up, and throw strikes. Attack the hitters, how about a novel idea and pound the ball inside. Why do our hard throwing guys, go away away away. Here is a clue, you are not facing the whitesox. When you throw hard, go in. Dont throw something away that can tail over the plate for a dong.

Just f***ing win.

:notworthy

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Make 'em hit with their thumbs on a fastball and make 'em look foolish on the breaking stuff away!

QUOTE(Allsox @ May 29, 2007 -> 03:00 PM)
:notworthy

You are a gentleman and a scholar. Make 'em hit with their thumbs on a fastball and make 'em look foolish on the breaking stuff away!

On thing that I have seen over the last month that doesn't make a lot of sense is the positioning they have for Dye. Yesterday for the millionth time, we have Dye playing in the gap, we have a lefty up, and we hang a pitch that can be pulled and driven. It gets hit down the line, and Dye then scampers after it, while the runner is off to the races. If you are going to pitch away, then put your defense in an alignment to defend that. If you are going to attack the batter in, then align that way. The pitch calling, and defensive positioning are so far off these days it doesn't make a lot of sense. The cubs series we saw a ton of away away away, and then we watched Dye running from the right center position to close on the ball down the line. Dye has good movement still back on the ball. He is a bit skittish on the ball in front of him, because he probably doesn't want it to skip past him. By on lateral movement, this is where he is poor as a defender.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ May 29, 2007 -> 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Boof is getting bounced.

I would also not be to shocked if AJ is plunked.

i would be shocked if he did get hit. listen, he apologized in the paper, and if im not mistaken, he came up when the score was 10-4. why not him then? now i could be wrong and maybe he didnt come up when it was 10-4, but he still apologized in the paper and over the radio

if anyone else does this, its fine and dandy. aj does it, and its terrible and "he did it on purpose." whatever...

Edited by briguy27

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 29, 2007 -> 07:26 AM)
sox need to get on a streak here, and with a good start by danks today, and with those bats heating up (dye, konerko, terrero), this could be a good spot to start a hot streak :gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox4:

I hope you are right. I have been hoping that they go on a run since the beginning of the season.

I just don't see this team going on any type of sustained winning streak, because they are just too inconsistent offensively, and in the bullpen.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2007 -> 09:37 AM)
How about this.

Catch the f***ing ball.

Just f***ing win.

Also, message to bullpen:

HOLD A F***ING LEAD FOR ONCE!!!!! ok, go sox! :cheers

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 29, 2007 -> 11:08 PM)
You look at the Twins line-up and you wonder how they don't lose 90 games every year.

Great bullpen and a manager who will get his starting pitcher out of the game sooner, rather than later.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 06:12 PM)
Great bullpen and a manager who will get his starting pitcher out of the game sooner, rather than later.

How is it that their bullpen is good year in and year out, when we get told putting together a bullpen is a crapshoot?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 29, 2007 -> 11:15 PM)
How is it that their bullpen is good year in and year out, when we get told putting together a bullpen is a crapshoot?

They develop a few good relivers every couple of years. I can't think of the last guy who contributed to our bullpen that was from within.

QUOTE(BearSox @ May 29, 2007 -> 06:20 PM)
any word on the lineups?

Erstad - CF

Cintron - 2B

Thome - DH

Dye - RF

Konerko - 1B

AJ - C

Crede - 3B

Mack - LF

Uribe - SS

Danks

Castillo - 2B

Punto - 3B

Cuddyer - RF

Morneau - 1B

Hunter - CF

Redmond - C

Cirillo - DH

Kubel - LF

Bartlett - SS

Bonser

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 29, 2007 -> 06:23 PM)
Erstad - CF

Cintron - 2B

Thome - DH

Dye - RF

Konerko - 1B

AJ - C

Crede - 3B

Mack - LF

Uribe - SS

Danks

Castillo - 2B

Punto - 3B

Cuddyer - RF

Morneau - 1B

Hunter - CF

Redmond - C

Cirillo - DH

Kubel - LF

Bartlett - SS

Bonser

thank you sir...

QUOTE(fathom @ May 29, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
They develop a few good relivers every couple of years. I can't think of the last guy who contributed to our bullpen that was from within.

They also have Nathan sitting at the back end who was acquired via trade, and 1 reliever who has some, let's say, chemical enhancements, helping out. They also have a former Sox castaway in there in Guerrier. Hopefully Logan winds up fitting the bill pretty soon.