Zambrano is nuts!!

dagotony06

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 01:52 AM)
A year ago I would've said the same thing about Sweet Lou.

What's the update on Barret?....... and more importantly, any pictures of his cosmetic surgery? :D

I heard his breast implants look uneven.

:D

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 2, 2007 -> 03:40 PM)
I didn't know being an uncontrollable maniac equals passion for the game...

It doesn't, and I didn't say it did. But getting pissed about a throwing error does.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2007 -> 06:21 AM)
Anyone notice the final score of the Cubs game yesterday without Pinella around? It might be coincidence, but it really seems to me like the problem isn't Zambrano or Barrett in that clubhouse, its Pinella.

I think it probably has to due with all 3 of them. Too many maniacs in one locker room.

Edited by Rowand44

What surprised me the most about this whole incident was how freely Pinella ran his mouth about things that are nobody's business except for those wearing a Cub uni.

First, he spilled about how there was a second fight in the clubhouse and then he made some comment about how one guy got the worst if it and that Zambrano wasn't throwing jabs. Why the ef does anyone need those kinds of details? A good manager would've told his players to keep their mouths shut and the only comment to the press would've been something like : "It's an unfortunate situation that we're handling internally and that's all the comment we have for you".

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 01:27 AM)
What surprised me the most about this whole incident was how freely Pinella ran his mouth about things that are nobody's business except for those wearing a Cub uni.

First, he spilled about how there was a second fight in the clubhouse and then he made some comment about how one guy got the worst if it and that Zambrano wasn't throwing jabs. Why the ef does anyone need those kinds of details? A good manager would've told his players to keep their mouths shut and the only comment to the press would've been something like : "It's an unfortunate situation that we're handling internally and that's all the comment we have for you".

I think Lou is doing anything he can to get tossed from that job.

I was listening to Boers and Bernstein yesterday and they repeatedly talked about the players-only meeting that the Cubs had last week, and how there was more than one player who cannot stand Lou. And on top of that, nobody came to Lou's defense, Derrek Lee just moderated the meeting and let people talk.

Of course, this is all passed along info, so it probably isnt all true, but there is more than likely a good portion of it that holds water.

I just dont know what could help that team. I dont know that Girardi would have this team doing any better than Lou, and that seems to be everyones de facto guy who was supposed to be the coach. Right now if Girardi was coach, it wouldnt be "He is old and past his time", it would be "He is young and over his head".

Just my two cents

I agree with Kyyle, this team is playing horrible baseball. I'll watch the games on picture in picture, and this team is dropping pop-ups, making bad errors, and getting picked off or just overall bad baserunning. On top of that Eyre and Howry, especially Eyre has been bad as any of the Sox bull-pen. No matter who was managing this team, they would be having trouble.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 07:57 AM)
I was listening to Boers and Bernstein yesterday and they repeatedly talked about the players-only meeting that the Cubs had last week, and how there was more than one player who cannot stand Lou. And on top of that, nobody came to Lou's defense, Derrek Lee just moderated the meeting and let people talk.

Of course, this is all passed along info, so it probably isnt all true, but there is more than likely a good portion of it that holds water.

I just dont know what could help that team. I dont know that Girardi would have this team doing any better than Lou, and that seems to be everyones de facto guy who was supposed to be the coach. Right now if Girardi was coach, it wouldnt be "He is old and past his time", it would be "He is young and over his head".

Just my two cents

It make sense with what his happening on the field there. Girardi sounds much like the same kind of personality as Pinella, so I don't think anything would be different there. The problem is that these guys got so used to playing however they wanted under Baker, then they had the polar opposite personality come into the clubhouse in Lou. It takes time to adjust, especially when you have expectations made of you that you never had before.

Upper management only cares about the $$$$. If they Cubs keep losing, and fans stop showing up, it doesn't matter if Jesus himself is managing this team, he is getting fired. There have been starting to be cracks in the Cubs armor of selling every seat, everyday. Slowly but surely more people have been dressing up as empty seats for games, and tickets aren't nearly as hard to get as they used to be. If they trend continues and we see 25K at games in September, everyone from Hendry to Pinella, to the new VP (can't remember his name) will probably be cleaning out their desks with the new ownership.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 10:04 AM)
Anyone see the stitches on Barrett's lip? He got pretty jacked in the mouth and the eye. Those are some serious wounds that were opened up.

No, where did you see them?

and Kyle, this is not a shot at you, but how the hell would B & B know what went on at a players only meeting?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 07:49 AM)
I think Lou is doing anything he can to get tossed from that job.

Maybe, because it almost came across like Lou was happy that Barret got his ass kicked. Strange.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 11:11 AM)
No, where did you see them?

and Kyle, this is not a shot at you, but how the hell would B & B know what went on at a players only meeting?Maybe, because it almost came across like Lou was happy that Barret got his ass kicked. Strange.

I totally understand. I didnt take it as gospel, but I cant imagine its completely false

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jun 5, 2007 -> 04:19 PM)
Can anyone confirm the rumor, or at least provide a link to the speculation that Piniella has an out clause if the Yankees job opens up or if the Cubs are sold?

Wow.. that would be interesting. Though I don't think anyone will confirm it, I'll ask around.