White Sox vs. Phillies, 6/11/07 (L)

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:30 PM)
Buerhle isn't going to take a 3 or 4 year contract IMO. Think 5-7 years with big money. The Sox don't go that long with pitchers. It really is a pretty good policy.

I know you are correct. If he hits free agency, I don't see any chance of him coming back given the teams that will give 5, 6 and maybe even 7 years with at least the same $$$ the White Sox would be offereing.

It is a good policy, and they've had some of their inhouse guys, like Vazquez, Garland and Contreras (not free agents) willing to take the 3 year extensions....I'm holding out slim hope that maybe he'd take a 3 or 4 year deal....Unrealstic I know, but I don't have much else to hold onto this baseball season.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dye is pathetic this year. He is f***ing is in so many ways. He f***s us with his pathetic ABs and futile attempts to drive in runs. He f***s us in crapping his value down. At least if he gets hot for a month he might convince someone that the first 2 months were an aberration.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
Why do you know that?

Because I was a tutor for Roy Marble when he played at Univ. of Iowa...if you remember late 80's Iowa sports. Not sure how old you are.

We're officially the worst offense is modern White Sox history. Bring back Carlos Martinez, Calderon, and gasp, Kenny Williams. Heck, I'd take Eddie Williams at 3B at this point, or Chris Brown.

Edited by caulfield12

3-1 and the Mr. Pathetic Uribe takes a monsterous cut. Trying to kill a whale in the Ocean. Then he flys out to kill the rally.

Can we get new players, and a new hitting coach. This softball approach is sickening. Swing for the fences, and go back to the bench disturbed that you just missed it.

Someone please explain to me why we have our worst two hitters hitting in front of Terrero, who might be our 2nd best hitter after PK right now? Oh well....not a lot you can do. I would have loved to see Ozzie bring in Thome to hit there. Might as well use him in a situation he can do some damage.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
You're not allowed to question Ozzie....it's not his fault.

it's not Walker's fault either, so I hope you're not going there, it's not the players either, because the back of their baseball cards tell me so

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jun 11, 2007 -> 07:39 PM)
unfreakin' believable, you have got to be kidding me, Adam Eaton walks 2 on 9 pitches, puts it on a tee on Dye's 1-1 and Uribe's 3-1 pitch and this team gets jack?

Uribe has to be our dumbest hitter on the team right now and that is saying something.