More detailed article on the KW/Ozzie/PK meeting

fathom

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inexcusable. An insult to fans that demand a winning product. Let's close our eyes and hope the peter pan and tinkerbell can revive our offense and magically fix the bullpen.

Why the hell is KW even asking Konerko for advice anyway? What the f*** is he supposed to say. As I wrote on my blog

Kenny asking a question like that, twice, is like your girlfriend asking if she looks fat in those jeans then asking the same question three months later when she's gained 45 pounds and ripping the seams as she busts out of those same jeans. Kenny, you don't need your boyfriend to tell you your team is still the best in the division. The rest of us think your team's fat.

Assuming KW meant everything he said in that article, and from the bit I saw on CSN, I'm now rooting for this team to lose until the deadline. Go ahead call me a bad fan.

I want a competitive team back on the field as soon as possible, and that isn't going to happen by waiting for the outfield fairies to get back.

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

Ridiculous. Going to keep this team intact because the most underachieving player on the team said they were going to turn it around. I love PK and all, but damn, you've been telling the same old story for the past 2 1/2 months already.

BTW, I'm sure happy we have Contreras and Vazquez signed up the next few season for five figures instead of having the flexibility to go to 5 years with Buehrle. KW always talks about his big board, but he really seems to be making foolish decision after foolish decision lately in terms of short term moves and how they'll dictate long term moves.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:33 PM)
Inexcusable. An insult to fans that demand a winning product. Let's close our eyes and hope the peter pan and tinkerbell can revive our offense and magically fix the bullpen.

Why the hell is KW even asking Konerko for advice anyway? What the f*** is he supposed to say. As I wrote on my blog

Assuming KW meant everything he said in that article, and from the bit I saw on CSN, I'm now rooting for this team to lose until the deadline. Go ahead call me a bad fan.

I want a competitive team back on the field as soon as possible, and that isn't going to happen by waiting for the outfield fairies to get back.

God damn this is a hellova post. :cheers

He makes moves in the offseason, to stave off a string of 90 loss seasons. And now he is talking about going down with the ship, all because the first baseman has a good feeling about a team that has been well under 500 since the ASB of last year.

To win this division we will need 93 plus wins. Take a gander on the silly winning percentage we would need to get to 93 wins now.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:33 PM)

Oh, you're not alone.

I don't think the meeting is that bad.

I think it's good they included Konerko in it.

The article said other GMs are like vultures right now.

For now KW accepts Konerko's assertion the team hasn't given up and can still get it together.

That doesn't mean he's not going to consider possible trades to pull the trigger on before the deadline.

I think it's refreshing a player was included in the meeting.

I tell them I'm preparing for that slap in the face [of failure], and at the same time I'm also preparing to add to our current mix—maybe inject some life in that fashion as well," he said. "I'm looking for possibilities, first, to make us better right now and, second, to look for deals that might result as a byproduct of us doing worse than where we are.

You are almost 11 games out of first and nearly the same amount out of the wild card. How about you wait until you get to say, 500 before we start the silly we are going to win this thing talk. We are closer to 5th than first by a long shot. I wonder if the Royals GM is thinking of adding, because they are in a similiar situation right now.

So we didnt add anyone because Pauly told them we had the team to win the WS.

We didnt fire Walker, because Pauly likes him.

Now we may add to a team, that is near 11 games out because our GM cant adjust and Pauly told him to go for it.

Stop asking Pauly for advice. Good lord.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(greg775 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 04:48 AM)
I don't think the meeting is that bad.

I think it's good they included Konerko in it.

The article said other GMs are like vultures right now.

For now KW accepts Konerko's assertion the team hasn't given up and can still get it together.

That doesn't mean he's not going to consider possible trades to pull the trigger on before the deadline.

I think it's refreshing a player was included in the meeting.

I think this ruffles our feathers because it's the same crap they pulled at the trade deadline last year when KW said that Konerko and Dye said we didn't need to add anything.

The worst thing that could happen to this team right now would be to go 13-6 over the next 19. That would probably send KW into full buying mode coming out of the break despite the fact that the team would probably be about 7-9 games out of the WC race and still under .500.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 19, 2007 -> 04:51 AM)
Please God tell me I did not just read that BULLs***. God f***ign damnit

You know what sucks....this organization seemingly does everything possible to make smart fans hate everything that Scott Podsednik stands for in the viewpoint of KW, Ozzie, etc.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:53 PM)
The worst thing that could happen to this team right now would be to go 13-6 over the next 19. That would probably send KW into full buying mode coming out of the break.

shoot me.

Seriously though, this trade deadline is going to determine KW/this teams fate in many people's eyes...don't be f***ing stupid KW.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:51 PM)
Please God tell me I did not just read that BULLs***. God f***ign damnit

I didn't read the article, I'd rather not given the comments made. However, it's all good, NHL Draft and the NBA Draft coming up Willie.

So, SUP?

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
I didn't read the article, I'd rather not given the comments made. However, it's all good, NHL Draft and the NBA Draft coming up Willie.

So, SUP?

Hell ya...NBA draft. Can't wait.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 18, 2007 -> 11:31 PM)
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Kenny saying that he might go down with the ship is everyone's worst-case scenario. The ironic thing about saying we're waiting for Pods and Erstad is that chicagosports also states that neither guy is ready to return right now.

Sweet Georgia Brown....waiting for Scott Podsednik and Darin Erstad to come back and propel the Sox to a historic finish is maybe the stupidest thing I have ever heard. The Twins made a historic comeback last season on the backs on Liriano, Santana, Morneau, and Mauer. There's at least 2 future HOF in that group. The Sox think Pods and Erstad will do the same thing for them.

If Buehrle and Dye walk for nothing (or just for draft picks that the Sox scouting will turn into trash) Williams will have absolutely done an incompetent job and have screwed the Sox franchise into the ground for the foreseeable future. He may already have done that by cultivating the worst farm system in baseball.

Of course Paulie is going to say that. He's not going to say "Nope, we've got no chance, might as well rebuild".

So I don't blame him on that regard. He's a veteran, he wants to win, he doesn't want to a few seasons for us to contend again.

But it's absolutely stupidiof KW decides, alright Paulie, I'll do what you say. Doesn't matter if we're 15 games back when Pods and Erstad get back, we're going for it.

The sad realization here, I think KW thinks that when Erstad gets back, this team is going to get hot. He thinks that the major reason that we have gone into this slump, is because Darin Erstad has not been on this ballclub. And while that may be "partly" the case (because Owens has done squat), it is certainly not the major reason. It's because of the inability to hit, and for this bullpen to get the job done and give the ball to Bobby Jenks in save situations. And until those 2 aspects improve, it doesn't matter if we bring in Adam Dunn, Todd Coffey etc., we're done.

By the day I lose a little bit of hope in terms of KW and building a young team for the future, after seeing this article a little piece of hope went away again.

/EndRant