Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 08:49 PM)
I just got Juno, Into the Wild, I am Legend, No country for old men, There will be blood, Bucket List and Dan in real life on DVD and Im having a hard time watching them because after about the first 15 minutes of any of them I wonder if Ill like another one better...

How'd you get hooked up like that? Or are they bootlegs?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
I just got Juno, Into the Wild, I am Legend, No country for old men, There will be blood, Bucket List and Dan in real life on DVD and Im having a hard time watching them because after about the first 15 minutes of any of them I wonder if Ill like another one better...

I can't speak for Bucket list or into the wild, but for my money Juno is the best of all the others. NCFOM and TWBB just didnt do a god dam thing for me. I'm glad I was watching them at home for free.

This is a still from the upcoming summer action-comedy TROPIC THUNDER.

Can you name the actor in the middle?

BlackDowney.jpg

It's Robert Downey, Jr.!!! LOL!!! :lolhitting

He plays a method actor who dyes his skin black to play Sgt. Osiris, a role originally written for a black man. In an article, he acknowledged the potential controversy over the role, but "At the end of the day, it's always about how well you commit to the character," he said. "If I didn't feel it was morally sound, or that it would be easily misinterpreted that I'm just C. Thomas Howell [in Soul Man], I would've stayed home."

Tropic Thunder is an upcoming action comedy film directed by and starring Ben Stiller. Its about a group of actors filming a Vietnam War movie. Their fed up director and writer decide to dump them in the middle of a real war. It is due for release on August 15, 2008. Stiller got the idea while filming Empire of the Sun. Speilberg is a producer on this film

This just made my MUST SEE list for Summer 2008!

QUOTE(3E8 @ Mar 3, 2008 -> 10:36 PM)
How'd you get hooked up like that? Or are they bootlegs?

Theres a flight attendant in my family and she flies to China and gets movies, a lot of the time while theyre still in theaters. They arent the ones that are filmed in theaters or anything though and they have the menus in the beginning of the dvds,

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Mar 4, 2008 -> 09:05 AM)
I can't speak for Bucket list or into the wild, but for my money Juno is the best of all the others. NCFOM and TWBB just didnt do a god dam thing for me. I'm glad I was watching them at home for free.

I watched most of Juno and it was much better than I thought it would be. Im looking forward to watching I am Legend and Into the wild.

They must be bootlegs.

NCFOM isn't coming out until the 11th.

I read Circuit City will have it for $13.99.

I ordered the Blu-Ray version for around $20 from tower.com

If anyone sees any crazy HD-DVD sales, post 'em. Deepdiscount.com has some good ones for $10-$12. Amazon.com keeps changing theirs.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Mar 7, 2008 -> 01:31 PM)
10,000 B.C. looks absolutely awful.

It looked better when it was called Apocalypto. And that's only a marginal improvement.

Whoever created this movie should have set it back in 75,000 BC, when humans were believed to have been near extinction from a supervolcano erupting in Indonesia. That would have been more interesting than the same storyline rehased a thousand times before about "trying to saves one family" or "protecting one's people from a rival tribal group/gang/collection of thugs"

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 08:02 AM)
Mich ael Cla yt on

was boring.

Yes it was my friend.But the "God like" acting abilities for everyone involved in the movie was supposed to off set your urge to be bored.How dare you ask for a compelling storyline to go along with it.

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
Yes it was my friend.But the "God like" acting abilities for everyone involved in the movie was supposed to off set your urge to be bored.How dare you ask for a compelling storyline to go along with it.

seriously, it was like the pelican brief, the rain maker, and the firm on the pills that Tom Wilkinson was supposed to have taken before his strip tease at the deposition.

Hooray, the acting was great...but so was the acting in "Debbie Does Dallas" and that didn't get any oscar nods.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 09:26 AM)
seriously, it was like the pelican brief, the rain maker, and the firm on the pills that Tom Wilkinson was supposed to have taken before his strip tease at the deposition.

Hooray, the acting was great...but so was the acting in "Debbie Does Dallas" and that didn't get any oscar nods.

Iam with you,I was a yoking.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 09:47 AM)
I yoke too :D

Oh,okay just making sure,but lets keep on posting about how we are joking so I can finally reach 800 posts.I dont think I will get to 1000 until November at this rate.Its Saturday so no one will notice. :lol:

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 10:59 AM)
Oh,okay just making sure,but lets keep on posting about how we are joking so I can finally reach 800 posts.I dont think I will get to 1000 until November at this rate.Its Saturday so no one will notice. :lol:

there's a pretty funny thread from a couple years back of me and tex and some others posting one word comments for a couple pages to boost our post count.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Mar 8, 2008 -> 10:06 AM)
there's a pretty funny thread from a couple years back of me and tex and some others posting one word comments for a couple pages to boost our post count.

Isnt that called a game thread?

The Dark Knight news, from darkhorizons.com

It's nice to finally see those awesome CHUD boys going positive lately about upcoming "Batman Begins" sequel "The Dark Knight" today, and in the process they've revealed a fascinating scoop (kudos guys, Devin you know I always admire your giant kahunas - literally).

The article talks about how Director Chris Nolan shot the 'Two-Face' scenes for the upcoming sequel and it's quite surprising - "Basically, Nolan shot complementary takes of Eckhart in Two-Face makeup so he could visually represent the duality of Dent in a less cartoony fashion.

What Nolan's doing doesn't sound all that far removed from the Gollum/Smeagol model, though the obvious difference here is that Dent isn't motion-capture; he's a fifty-fifty split of the same actor giving two wildly divergent performances in the same shot. And because he has two takes of each scene, Nolan has the luxury of shaping Eckhart's performance in post; it's just a matter of switching the dial between normal Harvey and bug-f*** Two-Face.

Again, both will be present in the shot, but only one will dominate the poor bastard's conflicted consciousness at any given moment. The technical audacity required in pulling this off may be the reason Two-Face was held back in the trailer."

In other 'Knight' news, the Harvey Dent viral campaign continues apace with pre-recorded calls going out from Dent (Aaron Eckhart) himself and the website IBelieveInHarveyDent.com updated with a short audio message (click here for the mp3 version) which is taking advantage of/satirising the current political campaigning going on for the US Democratic Primaries.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 9, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
The Bank Job was a quality action flick. I just wonder exactly how much of it is true. I'd recommend seeing it.

Are there any leaked pictures of Two Face as there were with the Joker?

They have kept him locked down pretty well so far. I havent seen anything yet.

Im wondering how long the movie is going to be, there seems to be so many things going on in the Dark Knight already, the movie has to be at least 2 hours long already

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 9, 2008 -> 02:09 PM)
They have kept him locked down pretty well so far. I havent seen anything yet.

Im wondering how long the movie is going to be, there seems to be so many things going on in the Dark Knight already, the movie has to be at least 2 hours long already

It's starting to feel like a 2 1/2 - 3 hour movie at this point isn't it? Of course BB packed in a ton of storyline at just under 2.5 hours so we'll see.