Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 12:52 PM)
I love the R rated trailer for this movie. I will see it.

You will love it. It was stupid humor but it had me rolling the whole movie. Every scene was good, especially the ones with Tom Cruise. (never thought i'd say that, ever)

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Aug 1, 2008 -> 05:02 PM)
You will love it. It was stupid humor but it had me rolling the whole movie. Every scene was good, especially the ones with Tom Cruise. (never thought i'd say that, ever)

Didn't know Tom Cruise was in it.

I liked it too. Did you think it took a big drop about 3/4 of the way in?

Absolutely. I didn't like that film that much as it was what 40 year old virgin thankfully wasn't. I'm certainly not someone with soft ears, but the curvise language was really annoying. To me it was just another comedy with a bunch of sketch show castoffs that will eventually be played on Comedy Central over, and over, and over, again.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 5, 2008 -> 05:34 PM)
Absolutely. I didn't like that film that much as it was what 40 year old virgin thankfully wasn't. I'm certainly not someone with soft ears, but the curvise language was really annoying. To me it was just another comedy with a bunch of sketch show castoffs that will eventually be played on Comedy Central over, and over, and over, again.

Such as?

Horatio Sanz, Phil Lamarr, The guy who does the Budweiser commercials, Matt Walsh, Gillian Vigman, Ian Roberts, and Brian Huskey

That's quite a collection of ex-SNL/MadTV/Upright Citizen Brigade, and if the adult actor wasn't in that, it was a good chance they were previously in Knocked Up/ 40 Year Old Virgin/Walk Hard.

Duh. That's exactly my point. Aside from the two main characters acting as annoying 10 year olds, the rest of the cast was just filler from the movies I mentioned previously or from TV shows. There were plenty of times where I said to myself "hey, I think that guy was on (fill in the blank) TV show."

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
Always a good movie to watch on a lazy day. Gary Oldman is great in his small scene

Brad Pitt rules in his small role.

"Don't condescend me, man. I'll f*cking kill you, man!"

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
Brad Pitt rules in his small role.

"Don't condescend me, man. I'll f*cking kill you, man!"

I like when he offers the mobster hitmen his bong and realizes they have guns in thier hands. "Do you want some? Oh, ok"

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
I thought Step Brothers was hilarious.Will Ferrell is only funny when he is in a rated R movie though.I can think of a funny one of his that wasnt rated R.

Bewitched.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 03:11 PM)
I liked Anchorman.

I thought Anchorman was rated R.It atleast wasnt that awful watered down humor even if it was PG-13 ,there was some edgey humor in there.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
I liked Anchorman.

I recently watched it for the first time and thought it was meh. It's probably the high expectations from friends boasting about it to me for the past few years.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
I recently watched it for the first time and thought it was meh. It's probably the high expectations from friends boasting about it to me for the past few years.

You probably heard every quote possible from the movie without actually seeing it. I can imagine that making the movie less funny

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)
You probably heard every quote possible from the movie without actually seeing it. I can imagine that making the movie less funny

I personally thought it was garbage.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 04:00 PM)

If I saw it when it came out I might have liked it more. I've grown to dislike Steve Carrell and I've seen a million Will Ferrell movies to know I'm getting tired of him as well.

I actually liked Step Brothers and this is coming from someone who has ripped most of Ferrel's stand alone movies. However, when Ferrell teams up with the other guy in Step Brothers you get some funny movies (ie, Step Brothers and Talledega Nights).

Basically put, you team Ferrell up with a couple other people who I can stand and its a good movie. Although Step Brothers did have its slow moments it was as a whole entertaining and had me laughing.

Pineapple Express, now that I can't wait to freaking see.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 6, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
If I saw it when it came out I might have liked it more. I've grown to dislike Steve Carrell and I've seen a million Will Ferrell movies to know I'm getting tired of him as well.

Finally someone else that can't stand Carrell. He usually just pisses me off any seen he's in. Still enjoyed 40 year old virgin and I watch the office but its as if I enjoy it in spite of Carrell.