White Sox Loser Thread

fathom

Honestly - and I understand what you guys are going through, seeing as how the only Cubs fans I know are pretty much idiots - I really stopped caring about the Cubs when the Sox won it. They can do whatever the hell they want to, because the Sox got there first and that's all that really matters to me.

It would be really cool to see them reach the century mark though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 02:46 AM)
I know how you feel about this, and while there are plenty of examples of first round busts, there is certain talent only available to those with a Top 10 pick -- Joe Mauer, Mark Texiera, BJ Upton, Prince Fielder, Delmon Young, Rickie Weeks, Nick Markakis, Justin Verlander, Ryan Zimmerman, Troy Tulowitzki, Andrew Miller, Tim Lincecum, etc.

Ryan f***ing Braun as well, The super stud. Clayton Kershaw who is considered possibly the best pitching prospect still in the minors, he's already incredibly valuable even if he never makes the majors, the Dodgers could have dealt him at the break for a very reliable major league starting pitcher.

Alex Gordon, Jeff Clement, Cameron Maybin. 3 players who have never accomplished anything in the majors (Gordon has been alright this year I guess) but still 3 players who after being drafted in the top 10 in 2005 have become incredibly valuable to their teams. After performing well over their first 1.5 years in professional baseball they've seen their trade value skyrocket. If you draft a player in the top 10 and he just performs well for his first year/year and a half of professional baseball you're often going to have one hell of a trading chip on your hands. That's one thing people tend to overlook, the trade value of top 10 picks.

Think about what the D-Backs could get in return for Justin Upton right now, with how overvalued prospects have become.

Why would you think we could even trade contreras? He is absolute garbage now and everyone knows it. Put him on the DL and hope he regains his velocity next year. Make him earn his spot back in the rotation and if he doesn't then release him.

I don't want to pay someone to lose unless theres a good over/under.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 08:19 PM)
is anyone else really hoping we lose every game and get the worst record in baseball?

You know, I can understand wanting to see the team win if we got quite a few prospects and were going to play them on the ML roster, cause you'd like to see the prospects develop and win at an ML level, but we only really have 2 position prospects worth a damn up right now, so it doesn't matter.

As it stands right now, we really need the no. 1 pick and pray to god that the top player in the draft, probably Pedro Alveras, does not have Boras as their agent. But it looks like those bastard Devil Rays are gonna get the 1st pick again, and if not them it would be San Francisco.

Well, here is to hoping we lose most of our games for the rest of the season.

No. This isn't the NFL where a top draft choice can turn around a franchise. I want to see the team finish strong.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 12:07 PM)
Right, Justin, and there are top NFL picks that have been busts, but I don't think the best strategy for the Sox is to tank the season in the hope of getting a top pick who may take years to see the majors.

They don't have to purposely tank the season in order to end up with one of the worst records. They may do it while trying their hardest.

And really, what's the difference to the fan between 70 and 80 wins?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 11:10 PM)
Did we rush Danks?

He is the definition of gopher ball it seems.

He should of had one more season at AAA. He is learning on the job. He is a rookie, sometimes he will look good, and a few times this year he will get decked. Such is the life of a rookie pitcher in the AL.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 1, 2007 -> 10:39 PM)
Verlander did not turn that franchise around at all.

I give more credit to the alien that took over Carlos Guillen's body

There has to be some type of alien living in Polanco's head, this I know.