Official Hate for the Milwaukee Brewers Thread

fathom

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, Ned Yost is the worst manager in baseball. The bunt by Hardy was beyond stupid, as it basically guaranteed Fielder wouldn't bat. Then, letting Mench face Dempster instead of bringing in Jenkins was a horrible decision. Yost better get fired after this year.

Just watched the game highlights on Comcast, and I had no idea that Hart had botched that liner in the 2nd inning to lead to the huge inning. Two other comments are that the 2 strike pitch to Hart in the 7th inning wasn't even close to being a strike, and the pitch Mench grounded out on to end the game was a massive meatball. The Brewers and Cardinals have good pitching matchups this wknd, hopefully they can both sweep.

Does Hangar still post here? I was a fan of his. Anyways, I hate the Cubu, err Tribune. The last 3 Bears preseason games, the Cubs lost, and the main story on Chicagosports.com was always the Bears game ( last week they lost and the Bears were still on top, and didn't even play, it was just a lame story), now tonight, the Cubs win and are the main story. Also, when the Sox had a decent winning streak, they were under NBDL articles or linked with Barry Bonds articles.

Yes I need some poon, but the good news is college starts soon

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 11:56 PM)
Just watched the game highlights on Comcast, and I had no idea that Hart had botched that liner in the 2nd inning to lead to the huge inning. Two other comments are that the 2 strike pitch to Hart in the 7th inning wasn't even close to being a strike, and the pitch Mench grounded out on to end the game was a massive meatball. The Brewers and Cardinals have good pitching matchups this wknd, hopefully they can both sweep.

I only saw that top of the 7th inning, that was a joke of a call, and it was huge too, with runners on 2nd and 3rd, verrry wide/generous zone. I hate when umpires get caught up in calling what the home crowd wants to see

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:37 AM)
Meatball or not, what the f*** is Mench swinging at the first pitch for when Dempster has walked 2 and hit a batter, including the batter right in front of him? I mean, fuuuuuuuuu***

Mench is one of the least patient hitters in all of baseball.

Ned Yost is choking more than anyone. He should have gotten himself tossed in the 7th or 9th as the strike zone sucked. Braun swung at ball 1 and ball 2. My assumption on Jenkins in the 9th was Eyre may have come in.

Ned Yost is really bad at managing when it counts.

If Sheets is healthy next year the Brewer rotation will be really good.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not:

On July 31st, the Cubs were 56-49 and 1 game back. On August 31st, they're 68-64 and 2.5 games up. They went 12-15 (.444) in August and somehow that built them a 2.5 game lead.

My god, the NL central is horrible.

wow that is just insane

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
I'm not sure if this has been posted or not:

On July 31st, the Cubs were 56-49 and 1 game back. On August 31st, they're 68-64 and 2.5 games up. They went 12-15 (.444) in August and somehow that built them a 2.5 game lead.

My god, the NL central is horrible.

As horrible as the NL Central is, we went 3-9 against them during interleague play. Simply disgusting!!

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the game at Miller Park last Friday.... 5 SB against Sheets in the first inning, and here I thought White Sox pitching staff was a disgrace at checking numbers. Sheets just shrugged it off after the game, bascially saying... its not his fault. The Crew srent done, but it sure seems like they need something close to a miracle to get everyone on the same page at this point. I couldnt imagine the tension in that clubhouse right now. Theyre kids, they should be having fun... but seems like its anything but that watching this team's mentailty on and off the field.