How many sox?

whitesox94

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many current Sox will be included in the Mitchell Report?

• 4+

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 06:02 PM)
I don't think any current sox will be there, but from the past Jose Canseco and Carl Everett (just guessing on Carl)

i think you are naive to believe that no sox will be on it... (or at least naive to believe no sox have used, whether they got caught by the mitchell report is another thing) but we will see tomorrow, i could be wrong and end up with my foot in my mouth, but well see tomorrow

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
i think you are naive to believe that no sox will be on it... (or at least naive to believe no sox have used, whether they got caught by the mitchell report is another thing) but we will see tomorrow, i could be wrong and end up with my foot in my mouth, but well see tomorrow

On appeal, I change my tally to include Juan Uribe.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)

Aren't there 12 people on the list? I just went with the odds. I'm certainly not naive, though I could be completely wrong about how many people are on it. I thought I read that somewhere here.

Edited by max power

QUOTE(max power @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 05:34 PM)
Aren't there 12 people on the list? I just went with the odds. I'm certainly not naive, though I could be completely wrong about how many people are on it. I thought I read that somewhere here.

60-80 current and former players are supposed to be named with a large portion of them having Mets ties.

I'm going to guess the Angels/Rangers/Orioles will have the most (not necessarily current players, but I think those three teams will have the most guys that at one point or another used at some point in time). Giants will likely have a good number of guys too and I'm sure the Mets (if the clubhouse guy was dealing em, why wouldn't he be dealing to some guys in the clubhouse).

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 12:50 AM)
It will all be worth it if Roger Clemens makes the list.

Curt Schilling too. Not because there's any chance of it, but because I hate him as much as I hate Clemens.

As for the Sox, I think we'll have the least of pretty much anyone, but still someone. The Rangers, Orioles, and Mets are going to have some 'splainin to do though.

It will be interesting if Damon and Clemens show up. Sue SI for slander? :P

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 06:29 PM)
I agree. I could be totally wrong(it happens often) but I think most of the names will be those that have already been speculated on for a long time(Giambi, McGwire, ect) and the slew of names we are going to hear isn't going to be earth shattering.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they included names like Raffy Palmeiro, Alex Sanchez, Jorge Piedra, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, etc. which would bring down the amount of "new" names significantly.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 05:49 PM)
I think it will be a colossal waste of time and energy.

I'm convinced if any noteworthy names were mentioned, who haven't yet been previously linked to steroids, it would have been leaked by now. I can't believe no one within the Mitchell investigation or MLB would remain quiet if Clemens, for example, were mentioned.

A recent Associated Press article suggests All-Stars and MVPs are included, but that doesn't mean much. Just looking at the previous 20 years of MVPs for both leagues I count atleast 8 names I'd associate with steroid use.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Hatchetman @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 06:45 PM)
ESPN said there were 60-80 current/former players on the list. There have been that many names that have come out in the press in recent years. I don't think there will be any surprises. The guys I always suspected were Mags and Rowand. Howry too. Kroch obviously.

Him and another white OF from the '05 team, though I doubt either will be named in the Mitchell Report.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 02:26 PM)
youre right, generally you tear up the minor leagues, win minor league player of the year, come up have some struggles but at a young age still prove to be a pretty good hitter, and then make adjustments and blossom into a 40 HR guy....

pauly hit 30 HR in AA as a 20 year old...and hit .294 with 25 Hr for the sox when he was 23....how again did he become a star overnight?

THANK YOU.

that was a dumbass statement about pk