knightni

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking over the A's- Indians box score and noticed the attendance

Attendance: 16,279 (47.8% full)

I could have sworn that the coliseum holds more than 37,000 people

Saw that Brett Tomko is in the starting rotation for Kansas City.

That ought to make for a nice reunion with AJ when we play them.

I wonder what the over/under would be on pitches before AJ gets nailed?

One, maybe?

QUOTE (rcpweiner @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 01:49 AM)
Well, Borowski certainly sucks. Maybe Kenny wasn't so crazy to spend some extra money fortifying the bullpen in a division where Borowski and Todd Jones are two of the closers.

unfortunately Soria and Nathan live down the block.

QUOTE (rcpweiner @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 12:49 AM)
Well, Borowski certainly sucks. Maybe Kenny wasn't so crazy to spend some extra money fortifying the bullpen in a division where Borowski and Todd Jones are two of the closers.

Kenny HAD to fortify the bullpen.

QUOTE (rcpweiner @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 12:49 AM)

As brutal as the top of the 9th was, I'm glad I watched the rest of the game. What a terrible loss for the Indians.

QUOTE (rcpweiner @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 11:52 AM)
Sure, but he didn't have to do it for the money he did.

The Sox payroll is $110 million, and they'll have quite a few contracts coming off the books within the next 2 years or so...is $5 mill a year for 2 relievers really that big of a burden?

in other news...Migueal Cabrera sucks! He's going to have to hit 150 RBI's just to make up for his piss poor defense. he's got two errors already and the red sox game isn't even halfway over...LMFAO!!

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 02:31 PM)
in other news...Migueal Cabrera sucks! He's going to have to hit 150 RBI's just to make up for his piss poor defense. he's got two errors already and the red sox game isn't even halfway over...LMFAO!!

There's a reason he was going to play LF in Chicago, and that's because there is actual a bit of importance in defense at 3B. It's not an absolute necessity (unless you are Ryan Braun bad), but it's much nicer to hide bad defense in LF, 1B, or even RF than at 3B.

so true. let it be known that the official scorers at Fenway gave Polanco an error to end his 2 year error-less streak. but really any average high school infielder would have been able to make the play at 3B. cabera was just too fat/slow to be able to pick it like any average athlete would have been able to do.

QUOTE (DonnyDevito @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 02:35 PM)
so true. let it be known that the official scorers at Fenway gave Polanco an error to end his 2 year error-less streak. but really any average high school infielder would have been able to make the play at 3B. cabera was just too fat/slow to be able to pick it like any average athlete would have been able to do.

To be completely honest, Miguel Cabrera looks like he's in fantastic shape right now, so I don't know if I'd say it's because he's out of shape. I'd say it's more because he's just an absolutely terrible fielder more than it is fat and out of shape.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
To be completely honest, Miguel Cabrera looks like he's in fantastic shape right now, so I don't know if I'd say it's because he's out of shape. I'd say it's more because he's just an absolutely terrible fielder more than it is fat and out of shape.

if the Tigers were smart, they'd dump Jones, put Cabrera in LF, and have Inge at 3B.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
if the Tigers were smart, they'd dump Jones, put Cabrera in LF, and have Inge at 3B.

I agree, but they want to put the sexiest lineup they can out there, and with that, try and score 950-1000 runs. Obviously, it's not working too well right now.

Outscored 44-15 in the first 7 games, averaging just over 2 runs a game...

Say what you want about "its still early" blah blah, there are some pretty obvious gaping holes in the 2008 Detroit Tigers.