CREDE CREDE CREDE

NCsoxfan

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 09:33 AM)
Dodgers have more to offer, IMO

Well of course they do, but picking up Joe Crede for 1 year to block Andy Laroche is just stupid. Of course, it's not nearly as stupid as picking up Juan Pierre for that contract while at the same time blocking Matt Kemp, or holding on to Furcal instead of moving him to clear room for Hu, or overworking Russel Martin, or holding on to Nomar and Kent while simultaneously blocking Loney and Laroche, so perhaps they would have some interest.

I think we ought to see if San Fran would be interested in Uribe also. Dump both of their contracts, save the money for FA next offseason, and maybe make the deal look a little better for them if they give up someone of some talent.

QUOTE(JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
Ship em Uribe and Crede for Cain!!

But realistically, maybe Lowry and Correria, or a prospect infielder because we are absolutely barren in that area.

i really don't want lowry - the guy has terrible peripherals.

The Dodgers have told Nomar that he's their starting 3b now. Probably until Laroche is ready and that could be ASAP. I don't see any interest from them.

I can't see the Giants trading for both Crede and Uribe. I happen to think the Sox should hold onto Uribe - for awhile atleast.

It's been reported that the Sox are not interested in Lowry and that's a good thing. I'm not expecting much back for Crede. I don't know what they could sweeten the pot with ? The Giants don't need OFers and the Sox have no infield prospects to spare. The Sox could give up a pitcher but the Giants don't need more.

My feeling is that I would take the best young pitcher that I could pry from them and move on.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 01:15 PM)
i really don't want lowry - the guy has terrible peripherals.

Plus he's still recovering from a strained elbow (and poorly I might add) that he suffered last September. He was incredibly wild in his outing against the Cubs yesterday, he couldn't locate the strikezone with any regularity and hit the backstop twice. It just feels like he's one step away from Tommy John surgery to me.

I think the Giants and Whitesox were talking a Crede for Lowry swap as a "your damaged goods for my damaged goods" but I am glad from a Whitesox perspective that no move was made.

As Kalapse said, Lowry looks like he is right on the cusp of a long rehab period. Crede looks to be okay...and should have a little more value than Lowry. Not sure how Cain has ever come up in this discussion as it would take a lot more than Crede and Uribe (and Anderson for that matter) to land Cain.

Would anyone give up Fields and Danks for Cain and a spect? Keeping Crede and Uribe for 1 year (potentially having Uribe at 3rd the following year).

QUOTE(heirdog @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
I think the Giants and Whitesox were talking a Crede for Lowry swap as a "your damaged goods for my damaged goods" but I am glad from a Whitesox perspective that no move was made.

As Kalapse said, Lowry looks like he is right on the cusp of a long rehab period. Crede looks to be okay...and should have a little more value than Lowry. Not sure how Cain has ever come up in this discussion as it would take a lot more than Crede and Uribe (and Anderson for that matter) to land Cain.

Would anyone give up Fields and Danks for Cain and a spect? Keeping Crede and Uribe for 1 year (potentially having Uribe at 3rd the following year).

Then you have to worry about 3B next year. Don't trade Fields.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)

not both fields AND danks.

Alex Gonzalez hurts his knee... Uribe would make a decent replacement if he's going to miss significant time.

(they're probably better off with Keppinger but don't tell them that)

The Giants 3B situation is absolutely brutal. I hope they're dumb enough to try and compete for something this year so we can take... I don't know... someone with upside. And they don't have a lot of that outside of Villalona (not trading) and the guys they took in 2007 (not tradeable).

QUOTE(JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 12:49 PM)
I don't want him either, but that's just what I hear. Lowry is really only surviving on name alone. He used to be highly touted like Lincecum is.

If the White Sox were to trade for Lowry, they ought to immediately try to swap him for a recent draft pick or something like that from some other NL team. Cardinals, Astros, Reds, Mets, Phillies, etc., lotta teams out there that could use another body to put on the mound.

QUOTE(BaseballNick @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
We need more intelligent and insightful thoughts like this on SoxTalk.

Man's got a point, though. You can hypothesize almost anything. The evidence points to Fields being the better bet to be successful at this point, though, given his recent performance, health, contract status, and age, when compared to Crede.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 09:40 AM)
Well of course they do, but picking up Joe Crede for 1 year to block Andy Laroche is just stupid.

I don't know that Laroche is all that. But they're definitely in a win-now mode, and it looks like they might have more interest in Inge.

Inge to Dodgers?

Inge to Dodgers? Tigers talk trade

by Danny Knobler

Saturday March 01, 2008, 12:32 AM

DUNEDIN, Fla. -- Perhaps the Detroit Tigers will be able to trade Brandon Inge this spring.

The Los Angeles Dodgers have contacted the Tigers about Inge, and while talks do not seem to have progressed far, a baseball official familiar with the situation said the Dodgers remain interested in making a deal.

Inge would play third base for the Dodgers, who did not have a full-time third baseman last season and have been trying to decide between veteran Nomar Garciaparra and rookie Andy LaRoche this spring.

New Dodgers manager Joe Torre is familiar with Inge from his time in the American League, and Torre and new Dodgers third base coach Larry Bowa are said to be Inge backers.

Inge remains popular with Tigers fans, who have given him louder applause than any other player during the first few spring games. But the Tigers remain open to trading him.

Among the reasons: Inge wants to be traded and his hefty salary: $6.2 million.

If the Tigers do not trade Inge or any of their other veterans, their opening day payroll would be more than $134 million.

Even if the Tigers and Dodgers cannot work out a deal, Inge could be traded elsewhere. One baseball official suggested Friday that Houston should acquire him to use as a catcher.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 11:41 AM)
I don't know that Laroche is all that. But they're definitely in a win-now mode, and it looks like they might have more interest in Inge.

Inge to Dodgers?

Seems more like they're in win-never mode. I mean I could see them going after a guy like Miguel Cabrera when he was available, or trying to sign ARod when he was a FA, or even trying to snag Troy Glaus, Scott Rolen, or Eric Chavez for next to nothing, but Brandon Inge? WTF are they thinking? Their obsession with mediocre/slightly above average veterans on bad contracts is mind boggling. Hopefully we can enter the picture and offer up Contreras, MacDougal, and Crede for Kemp, Kershaw, Loney, Broxton, and Billingsley. That would be a great deal for the Dodgers based on the way they're going, but then again they probably wouldn't take Crede unless we stupidly extended him for another three years first.

Hopefully for Dodger fans' sake the discussions are only an attempt to unload Pierre or something.