2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 22, 2008 -> 09:56 AM)
We'd be better off DFA'ing both Crede and Uribe by the beginning of the year then actually having them take away AB's from Fields and Ramirez.

That brilliant. We would be much better off telling KW to eat 10 million dollars with no return

What do you guys think the opening day line up will look like?

Cabrera

Swisher

Thome

Konerko

Dye

Crede

Pierzynski

Quentin

Uribe

SP: Buerhle

Okay, I was thinking about the opening day lineup, and I have come to a couple of conclussions and what should be the opening day lineup... Ozuna will start at 2B. Supposedly he had been already named the starter at 2B, plus, he has always hit C.C. pretty good. We will also stack the lineup w/ righties against Sabathia, so that means no Owens. CF will be either Anderson or Ramirez. I say go with Ramirez since he is a great fastball hitter and because the Indians and Sabathia know little about him as well, and how to pitch to him. Pierzynski will start, mainly because he calls a better game then Hall, and lefty or righty, he is a much better hitter then Hall. Also, I'd hope that by opening day, both Uribe and Crede will be gone, especially Crede, which will allow Fields to start at 3B. Ideally, the batting order would go as the following:

1. Ozuna, 2B

2. Cabrera, SS

3. Swisher, LF

4. Thome, DH

5. Konerko, 1B

6. Dye, RF

7. Fields, 3B

8. Pierzynski, C

9. Ramirez, CF

I went with Swisher batting 3rd because he is a much better hitter vs. lefties then he is vs. righties, and we should use his ability to get on base to our advantage. Having him hitting 3rd with Thome hitting cleanup gives us a chance to get runners on, especially early, for Konerko, Dye, and even possibly Fields. I really feel strongly about setting the tone early, and this lineup would give us the best chance to do so, especially against a tough lefty like Sabathia.

i know it is a silly question but i'm not a baseball know it all. it's silly cuz i know hawk will say 10x within the first week alone that:

a. the pitchers are ahead of the hitters

b. the hitters are ahead of the pitchers

which one is it?

Edited by DonnyDevito

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Mar 24, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)
i know it is a silly question but i'm not a baseball know it all. it's silly cuz i know hawk will say 10x within the first week alone that:

which one is it?

a

QUOTE(DonnyDevito @ Mar 23, 2008 -> 10:46 PM)

which one is it?

Trick question.

If opening day's final score is 2-1, Hawk will say a.

If it is 10-9, he will say b.

lso, I'd hope that by opening day, both Uribe and Crede will be gone, especially Crede, which will allow Fields to start at 3B. Ideally, the batting order would go as the following:

Where are they going to go? It's very unusual to make a trade at this time of the year.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Mar 24, 2008 -> 02:22 PM)
Where are they going to go? It's very unusual to make a trade at this time of the year.

It's unusual to make a big trade this time of year. It's perfectly normal to trade a player who is blocking another player at a position. The Sox dealt for Cintron two years ago and dealt for Timo in 2004. Trades happen quite a bit in Spring Training.

Any trade involving Crede will be pretty minor.

This could bode well for the Sox maybe....

Giants Woes Get Worse

The Giants first lost Omar Vizquel for an extended amount of time and turned to Kevin Frandsen and Brian Bocock to take over his duties. However, the Giants lost Kevin Frandsen today for the rest of the season, leaving someone who has never played about Single-A with the job. Frandsen, who ruptured his Achilles tendon today, was expected to be the Opening Day shortstop. He has potential to be a solid utility player, but doesn't pan out to be an everyday player. I think the Giants need to make a trade now. "Fire Sabean" websites are starting up everyday because restless fans are frustrated with Front Office decisions. If they want to move Aurilia to short, they could trade for Wes Helms. Or if they want a shortstop, they could trade for Felipe Lopez. Unfortunately, the Giants really do not much to offer in their minor league system. They have some solid young pitchers, so if they trade Matt Cain for a solid hitter they would be taking a step in the right direction.

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Mar 24, 2008 -> 07:37 PM)
This could bode well for the Sox maybe....

Giants Woes Get Worse

The Giants first lost Omar Vizquel for an extended amount of time and turned to Kevin Frandsen and Brian Bocock to take over his duties. However, the Giants lost Kevin Frandsen today for the rest of the season, leaving someone who has never played about Single-A with the job. Frandsen, who ruptured his Achilles tendon today, was expected to be the Opening Day shortstop. He has potential to be a solid utility player, but doesn't pan out to be an everyday player. I think the Giants need to make a trade now. "Fire Sabean" websites are starting up everyday because restless fans are frustrated with Front Office decisions. If they want to move Aurilia to short, they could trade for Wes Helms. Or if they want a shortstop, they could trade for Felipe Lopez. Unfortunately, the Giants really do not much to offer in their minor league system. They have some solid young pitchers, so if they trade Matt Cain for a solid hitter they would be taking a step in the right direction.

Field and Uribe for Linnecum. Or Crede & Uribe for some top notch prospects (well I realize they don't have any top 5 in baseball type of prospects, but I'd take some good prospects for those two).

Hell, I'd totally hope to do a Cain for Uribe/Crede deal too (again, 1% chance the Giants would do it).

Note: I doubt the Giants give it up for Crede/Uribe combo, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox could get quite the ransom for Fields & Uribe and I'd be more than willing to do it as long as the guys they got in the deal were young players (just like FIelds is) with high upside which fill a need.