2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware that the Sox signed Jeff DaVanon.

Rotoworld:

Jeff DaVanon went 2-for-5 in his debut for Triple-A Charlotte on Friday.

DaVanon was a nice pickup for the White Sox, though he's probably not going to get a look unless the White Sox decide they don't have the at-bats available to make it worth carrying both Alexei Ramirez and Carlos Quentin. Someone needs to tell Ozzie Guillen that he's just like Darin Erstad, only if Erstad could still hit a little.

I didn't want to put this in a new thread, but how about Swisher's defense today? He looked to be getting some good jumps on the balls, and made some really good plays out there. I haven't watched him out in CF that much, but if he can do what he did today, I'll be impressed.

And while talking defense, how about Quentin throwing Renteria out? Hell of a throw and arm... I'm glad he's brought his A-game thus far this season, hopefully it'll make it tougher to keep him out of the lineup.

QUOTE(Felix @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 01:06 AM)
I didn't want to put this in a new thread, but how about Swisher's defense today? He looked to be getting some good jumps on the balls, and made some really good plays out there. I haven't watched him out in CF that much, but if he can do what he did today, I'll be impressed.

And while talking defense, how about Quentin throwing Renteria out? Hell of a throw and arm... I'm glad he's brought his A-game thus far this season, hopefully it'll make it tougher to keep him out of the lineup.

well, he went to stanford. he's probably a relatively intelligent individual and realizes the performance that he needs to exhibit to keep a job on the big league club, he's going to give it his all game in and game out, and we need pretty much every single guy on the team to do that all year long if we plan on making the playoffs

contreras, javy, and mark haven't gotten the memo yet unfortunately

Well let's see how Mark makes it up to the club on national television against Verlander trying to help his club get their first victory and avoid a second sweep at home to start the season and remain the only winless team in baseball.

ESPN has a great story on their hands in this game. Living in NY I know mainly Yankee fans (Rays owning them result in fun reactions) and they too hate the Tigers and the whole Central in general and are enjoying the Tigers losing streak.

I can't wait.

:gosox1: :sweep:

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 02:07 AM)
well, he went to stanford. he's probably a relatively intelligent individual and realizes the performance that he needs to exhibit to keep a job on the big league club, he's going to give it his all game in and game out, and we need pretty much every single guy on the team to do that all year long if we plan on making the playoffs

contreras, javy, and mark haven't gotten the memo yet unfortunately

Even Johan Santana has bad starts now and then too.

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 01:42 AM)
does quentin's batting stance remind anyone else, besides me, of Kevin Youkilis' stance?

I like it. It's funny because he changed it from his days in Zona when he first came up. If he's still ripping like this, it's for the better/doesn't really matter cause of his talent.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Apr 6, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
didn't we try that a couple times as well?

For about the first month last year he actually was our best hitter.

The problem was...he was our best hitter because Thome was on the DL, Dye was hurting and stinking, Crede was hurting and stinking, Konerko and Iguchi and AJ got off to terrible starts, and so on. We were just that bad that the guy hitting .250 with no OPS was our best hitter at

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 7, 2008 -> 10:47 PM)
I know I was a negative little b**** for most of the offseason, but actually seeing good baseball being played has made me all giddy inside.

Perhaps the Athletics won't be a better team than the White Sox...?

i have found out why we havent been as good as 2005.

but now we are again...

and will thus, win another WS title

THE YELLOW LEATHER M&M JACKET GUY IS BACK BEHIND HOME PLATE!

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 8, 2008 -> 02:19 AM)
i have found out why we havent been as good as 2005.

but now we are again...

and will thus, win another WS title

THE YELLOW LEATHER M&M JACKET GUY IS BACK BEHIND HOME PLATE!

he's a legend, but he's been there the past couple years as well.