May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!

knightni

QUOTE(G&T @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:16 PM)
Guh? Actually he was almost certainly going to throw a strike because he doesn't want to walk him. Innings get out of control because you don't make guys hit the ball. See Vasquez today.

he had no command facing thome, or konerko, and dye swings at a 3-2 pitch that's not in the strike zone, after going ahead in the count 2-0 and the two following strikes that followed that 2-0 count, only 1 was a strike and JD fouled it off, the other pitch wasn't even in the zone and the HP umpire called it a strike

whether or not perez wanted to throw a strike or not, he didnt and all indications pointed to his command being off by judging the two previous at bats before dye. meanwhile, a walk brings in 1, a hit brings in at least 2

dye shouldn't have been swinging the bat there, period

edit: the second strike that was out of the zone, following the initial 2-0 count, was out of the zone and JD fouled it off, so he fouled off ball 3

ugh this is depressing, seriously

Edited by joesaiditstrue

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Cleveland announcer's Thornton may have hit Sizemore on purpose, even though he swung into the ball, and Thornton should not hold the runner.

OK

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 02:18 AM)
Pitching won't be a problem in 2008. KW promised.

haha only time will tell... not too impressed with our SP early on. And they are our 1-2 punch. I really am nervous to see what Contreras, Danks and Floyd do next... if our offense cant get it going in April we are in big trouble.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
Another depressing log for the fire RE: tomorrow.

Toby Hall.

i guess im just glad we cant send andy gonzalez and darin erstad out there

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(joesaiditstrue @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
he had no command facing thome, or konerko, and dye swings at a 3-2 pitch that's not in the strike zone, after going ahead in the count 2-0 and the two following strikes that followed that 2-0 count, only 1 was a strike and JD fouled it off, the other pitch wasn't even in the zone and the HP umpire called it a strike

whether or not perez wanted to throw a strike or not, he didnt and all indications pointed to his command being off by judging the two previous at bats before dye. meanwhile, a walk brings in 1, a hit brings in at least 2

dye shouldn't have been swinging the bat there, period

So...he should be taking all the way on a 3-2 pitch?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:20 PM)
haha only time will tell... not too impressed with our SP early on. And they are our 1-2 punch. I really am nervous to see what Contreras, Danks and Floyd do next... if our offense cant get it going in April we are in big trouble.

I think Contreras will be OK. Maybe not the mid 2005 to mid 2006 Contreras, but who is? I think he can put up decent numbers. If Danks can go 6 or 7 tomorrow and there aren't extra innings, the bullpen should be in good shape for Detroit.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:21 PM)
i guess im just glad we cant send andy gonzalez and darin erstad out there

Erstad = Ramirez (I like Ramirez but he's not ready)

Gonzales = Uribe

QUOTE(daa84 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:23 PM)
theres nothing you can do but laugh really hard at that

Uribe had an hour to throw to first for the out and he threw it in the dirt.

As for Thornton, yes.

i know its only been 2 games...but a few years ago i used to think paul konerko was one of the best at picking it over at 1st....hes already had 3 this year that i thought he coulda had and didnt come up with....but even last year didnt seem like hes quite as good as he once was at it

QUOTE(Jordan4life @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
Raise your hand if you thought Nick Masset would be the lone Sox pitcher to not completely suck after tonight.

Ugh this is KW idea of competing in the pen in 2008! :angry:

QUOTE(Jordan4life @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 02:26 AM)
Not even two games in and I'm already sick of this team. I'm usually one of the more optimistic posters on this site. But this team has been a complete laughing stock since the all-star break of 2006. Damn, I sound like fathom.

It's ok...I just don't see how this team will win a lot of games.