2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:49 PM)
Shades of last season, where the opposition can't play defense to save their lives.

ill never forget teh kaz matsui play at 2b against colorado ....and matsui was excellent on D last year

QUOTE (Brian @ May 28, 2008 -> 11:04 PM)
When do we play the Dodgers? We could probably shut them out the whole series. Down the middle, not much on it, swing and a miss.

nl is such a joke and yet almost everyday i read an article saying how the NL has closed the gap....

cubs win it off of another pitcher run out of the AL

cubs now get 7 in a row against teams a combined 26 under .500

then we will find out how good they are when they go to LA, then play atlanta (who i think is the best NL team), then face the blue jays pitching, play in tampa, then the sox, orioles, and sox again

sadly that is the most difficult stretch of their schedule...

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 28, 2008 -> 10:14 PM)
nl is such a joke and yet almost everyday i read an article saying how the NL has closed the gap....

Anybody who writes that is a legitimate fool. Because there are more runs being scored in the NL and more home runs, people think the gap is closing. Well look around, all it is really is the AL pitching is a lot better this year. The gap is as big as ever, and you'll see it as the interleague results shake out the rest of the way, as well as in the World Series.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 29, 2008 -> 05:57 AM)
I do not know what it is but teams seem to forget how to hit when they play the cubs. Teams just have terrible AB after terrible AB.

That's the NL style of ball right now.

I won't watch a single inning of a Cubs games this weekend unless the opposition is up by more than a run in the final innings. The Rockies, at this juncture, have to be one of the worst teams in baseball over the past decade.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 29, 2008 -> 01:08 AM)
Anybody who writes that is a legitimate fool. Because there are more runs being scored in the NL and more home runs, people think the gap is closing. Well look around, all it is really is the AL pitching is a lot better this year. The gap is as big as ever, and you'll see it as the interleague results shake out the rest of the way, as well as in the World Series.

To this point it's what, 22-19 AL?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
Didn't watch it, but by judging from the play-by-play, looks like some more stellar defense against the Cubs and amazing situational hitting for the opposition.

Exactly. Cubs are getting all the breaks right now. Whether that will continue or not, we shall see.