And that's a White Sox loser

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
So you want a guy who can't hit or run hitting 5th everyday? I don't. Bottom line, JD needs to go.

JD was off to a great start before he was injured. Lets see if he can come back from it before shipping him off to plug in a crappy hitter who can run really fast.

Edited by StrangeSox

He's still better than your prime example of a speedster.

It's not only his bat that bothers me, it's also his pitiful speed in the outfield. He has to dive for plays that anyone else makes sprinting. Gomez was 3-4 2R, 1RBI and 1K today. JD 0-4 2K's (again). How many times can this guy go 0-4 with 2K's before Ozzie takes him out? He's killing the team.

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
It's not only his bat that bothers me, it's also his pitiful speed in the outfield. He has to dive for plays that anyone else makes sprinting. Gomez was 3-4 2R, 1RBI and 1K today. JD 0-4 2K's (again). How many times can this guy go 0-4 with 2K's before Ozzie takes him out? He's killing the team.

He's been bad for a couple of days since coming back from an injury. He was hitting over .300 before that. Calm down, JD is not killing the team.

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
JD 0-4 2K's (again). How many times can this guy go 0-4 with 2K's before Ozzie takes him out? He's killing the team.

Yeah, I mean he must've been doing this all year because his overall stat line is just abysmal.

QUOTE (SoxWS05 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 02:56 PM)
All is I'm saying is the last two losses fall squarely on JD's shoulders. If he's not 100%, he shouldn't be playing. And yes, he is awful.

:lolhitting

Ok, sure. I don't recall any defensive errors on his part, and I recall plenty of other players blowing it with RISP.

Edited by StrangeSox

too much talk of trades, lineup shuffles, AAA callups.....

simply put the Sox are just missing clutch hits.

when I think about the Sox with RISP, I think about Thome grounding out to the second baseman turned right fielder, PK dribbling one to SS, BA fouling out to the catcher, Dye whiffing, Uribe well forget it.

Today, the twinks bunted, sacrificed and got THAT ONE HIT necessary to pull out a one run game, we had Swisher take strike three with two on and two out in the 9th, Monday BA in a squeeze play bunt foul.

I don't know if there's a stat for opposite field hits, but I'd guess CHW are last in the bigs

I actually think Ramirez' visa problem is the perfect time to tweak things. Ozzie needs to move Thome down against lefties and occasionally sit him . I recommend Quentin batting 3rd against lefties and no lower then 6th against righties. Crede should also move up against lefties. Send Ramirez down and when you do sit Thome play Fields. Sometimes things need to be shaken up to let the players know failure is not acceptable even on a team full of veterans.

I'm not of the "Sky if Falling Crowd"...I fully expect this team to heat up. It's a marathon and there will be some down times. I'd just like to see them put some wins together...what's that called?!?!...oh yeah...A STREAK!!!! Can't remember when the last 6-7 game streak was. Hell...I'd take 3 right now.

This little nugget I read made me sick:

That hit was the only success the Sox had with runners in scoring position, leaving them 1-for-8 for the afternoon and 5-for-45 in their last five games.

I think Cabrera will pick it up. He's got to- even Uribe will either K or at least fly out deep, which if there's a man on usually he advances. Cabrera goes down and takes whoever's on first with him with stunning regularity. That usually happens to be Swisher, and it's curious how the positive impact of one offseason acquisition is being completly shat on and erased by the inabilities of another. Having Swish and his OBP lead off with Alex Cintron hitting second is comparable to owning a Maserati and not being able to drive it because you're blind and don't have limbs. Swish/his OBP=Maserati, Orlando Cintron=crippling handicaps. I blame OCab is what I'm saying.

Edited by ChiSox35

I'm not of the "Sky if Falling Crowd"...I fully expect this team to heat up. It's a marathon and there will be some down times

That's what we said last year. That's the problem. It's time for Swisher and Cabrera to do what Oz and everybody said they were doing the first couple weeks of the season, bringing the "new attitude." Talk is cheap.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:34 PM)
That's what we said last year. That's the problem. It's time for Swisher and Cabrera to do what Oz and everybody said they were doing the first couple weeks of the season, bringing the "new attitude." Talk is cheap.

this coming from the guy who said Nick Masset gave us nothing today

You think Masset going four innings and giving up five hits and three walks is SOMETHING?

Give me a f***ing break. Seriously, are you a relative of Masset? What's your problem?

If you said Thornton pitched well that might be different. Two innings, no hits, four strikeouts. Masset's line is a joke for a starting pitcher.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:40 PM)
You think Masset going four innings and giving up five hits and three walks is SOMETHING?

Give me a f***ing break. Seriously, are you a relative of Masset? What's your problem?

If you said Thornton pitched well that might be different. Two innings, no hits, four strikeouts. Masset's line is a joke for a starting pitcher.

My problem is i have to read you b**** and moan about a spot starter who didnt have a hand in the team losing the game. I never said anyone pitched well or bad. YOU said Masset gave us nothing, which is completely untrue

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 05:45 PM)
My problem is i have to read you b**** and moan about a spot starter who didnt have a hand in the team losing the game. I never said anyone pitched well or bad. YOU said Masset gave us nothing, which is completely untrue

Masset gave us four innings, but that's pretty much it.