And there's your White Sox latenight /early morning winner !

Nice breakup of the DP by Uribe the other day.

He saves the inning if not the game with the scoop of Dotel's crummy throw and bullet to the plate tonight.

Quentin ... wow.

Nice job by Anderson hitting the bomb.

Linebrink again does quite well.

Dotel doesn't implode.

Thornton doesn't walk anybody and does job in ninth.

Swish busts out of his funk a bit.

Offense raps a lot of hits again.

Keep it up White Sox!

Javy deserved the win tonight. For the games this year we didn't do s*** for him when he pitched great, he deserved a win on a night where he didn't throw his best game. Anderson just loves hitting in Seattle, great job bullpen, and Q is a stud of course. I don't believe in kicking a man when he's down, I instead believe in robbing him, beating his ass, and throwing him in an alley. In other words, let's sweep these chumps tomorrow.

EDIT: Uribe walked twice tonight? Has hell frozen over?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2008 -> 12:27 AM)
Hell Yeah! First night I post on here is a White Sox Winner!

Man Crush on CQ keeps growing and growing

BA finally gets to start a couple times and he shows what he can do

Uribe makes plays no matter how bad everyone wants him cut

Quentin looks to be the real deal. What a huge imrovement in LF over the last two seasons!

As I said in another thread, Ozzie should keep starting Brian Anderson in CF against left-handed pitchers, with Dye and Konerko taking turns at DH. It improves the Defense as well as the Offense against LHP and Keeps Thome fresh, hopefully lessening the chance of his recurring wrist and back injuries allowing him to be more productive with less playing time.

Uribe is an excellent defensive infielder, whether at SS or 2B and can even play a good 3B in a pinch. Because of his poor approach at the plate the past two seasons, he has become a whipping boy to a lot of fans and every miscue he makes becomes magnified and overblown. But Uribe is still one of the better defensive middle infielders in the game. Hopefully he keeps improving at the plate with his new stance and approach that he has shown the past week or so.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 11, 2008 -> 12:13 AM)
Quentin looks to be the real deal. What a huge imrovement in LF over the last two seasons!

As I said in another thread, Ozzie should keep starting Brian Anderson in CF against left-handed pitchers, with Dye and Konerko taking turns at DH. It improves the Defense as well as the Offense against LHP and Keeps Thome fresh, hopefully lessening the chance of his recurring wrist and back injuries allowing him to be more productive with less playing time.

Uribe is an excellent defensive infielder, whether at SS or 2B and can even play a good 3B in a pinch. Because of his poor approach at the plate the past two seasons, he has become a whipping boy to a lot of fans and every miscue he makes becomes magnified and overblown. But Uribe is still one of the better defensive middle infielders in the game. Hopefully he keeps improving at the plate with his new stance and approach that he has shown the past week or so.

We have seen this from Uribe before, but he'll return to his general suckiness in the near future. Still, at this point in time he is our best option at 2B.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 11, 2008 -> 01:13 AM)

GP.

Uribe though, he is what he is: a player who deserves time because he plays an excellent middle infield but needs to be covered up for in the order. He's the best option at 2B right now. I'd much prefer him in a bench role but at this point it is what it is.

Well, the ball really carries at Seattle. The only ball hit that was truly "hit" was Anderson's. Quentin's (I still love him) and Beltre's both shouldn't have been homers.

Also, I guarantee Uribe will be to his usual, virtually no offensive output self, within the next week or so.

Good win though and we're actually winning on the west coast.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 11, 2008 -> 06:37 AM)
Well, the ball really carries at Seattle. The only ball hit that was truly "hit" was Anderson's. Quentin's (I still love him) and Beltre's both shouldn't have been homers.

Also, I guarantee Uribe will be to his usual, virtually no offensive output self, within the next week or so.

Good win though and we're actually winning on the west coast.

Hmmm, I thought it was the opposite because of the crazy humidity. In fact, Hawk and DJ were recalling how Ken Griffey Jr was complaining when the stadium opened that it was really hard to hit a homerun there compared to the Kingdome.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 11, 2008 -> 08:04 AM)
Hmmm, I thought it was the opposite because of the crazy humidity. In fact, Hawk and DJ were recalling how Ken Griffey Jr was complaining when the stadium opened that it was really hard to hit a homerun there compared to the Kingdome.

That's just because Griffey's not a HR hitter, of course. :huh

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 11, 2008 -> 06:04 AM)

well, it must have been a dry day out there.

The wind used to be swirl alot more there but they closed up the tops of the stadium by putting in windows to kill the wind...Since they did that, it has become more HR friendly at Safeco...No one thought it would make a difference like chopping off the top 7 rows wouldnt make a difference at USCF

I saw the game on WGN. Nice win and it was real excviting to see Anderson and the effort he gave on that fly ball and diving attempt. The kid gave it his all. Plus he gets the big homer and Quentin looked good too. Team played good ball.

QUOTE (YASNY @ May 10, 2008 -> 10:19 PM)
We have seen this from Uribe before, but he'll return to his general suckiness in the near future.

True. But fortunately, we can't say the same for Anderson yet. I'm really hoping that he builds off of what he's done over the past couple of weeks. If he can hit reasonably well over the long haul, he should be our starting CF next year.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 11, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
I thought all 3 balls were gone off the bat. All of those balls were absolutely destroyed.

I agree. Quentin had full extension on the meat of the bat, Beltre hit a Vazquez fastball oppo, and Anderson took a centered fastball and hit a linedrive to center that never came down