Official 2008-2009 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2009 -> 05:31 PM)
Some measure of draft picks, Battie and Bogans/Cook for Hinrich. The Bulls clear a lot of salary, both this year and in the future, suddenly have room to offer Gordon extra money, and potentially still have room to offer Bosh a max contract in 2010 depending on Gordon's final number and the final cap #.

Bogans has an ending deal this season, while Battie and Cook have ending deals in 2010.

The thing is, Orlando needs Bogans' deal to come off the books this season, so that they can re-sign Hedo Turklogu for 10M a season and stay under the luxury tax.

Plus, Otis Smith doesn't like trading draft picks.

I'd say we'd probably only offer Cook and Battie.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 09:00 PM)
So yeah, tonight's going to have the Knicks fans saying they don't really want Lebron on their team.

nah, they already have their jerseys printed and the contract signed. Nothing will change their minds now

Tyrus is slowly winning me over.

He had me at hello. :)

This is the first time the bulls have had a winning record (or guaranteed one even if they lose the next couple games) on a circus road trip since 97-98. Derrick Rose's team will probably break alot of these streaks/records for years to come.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 10:41 PM)

This is the first time the bulls have had a winning record (or guaranteed one even if they lose the next couple games) on a circus road trip since 97-98. Derrick Rose's team will probably break alot of these streaks/records for years to come.

Is this really considered a "Circus Road Trip"? I mean the circus isn't in town. Just a west coast swing.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 09:51 PM)
Is this really considered a "Circus Road Trip"? I mean the circus isn't in town. Just a west coast swing.

No, the Circus road trip is in November, when the Ringling Bros circus comes to chicago. This trip is because of Disney on Ice

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (philadelphia sox fan @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 03:54 PM)

Hmmm, will be interesting to see if they try to deal him in the off-season.

Depending on the cost (would the Sixers do Larry Hughes (expiring contract) plus something for Brand maybe) the Bulls should at least make an inquiry.

Also the Magic traded Keith Bogans for Tyronn Lue, so there's our PG backup.

Also, apparently Steve Kerr has put Amare Stoudemire on the trade market. Toronto and New Jersey are both interested apparently, and Kerr wants to trade him to an Eastern Conference team.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)

Depending on the cost (would the Sixers do Larry Hughes (expiring contract) plus something for Brand maybe) the Bulls should at least make an inquiry.

Also, apparently Steve Kerr has put Amare Stoudemire on the trade market. Toronto and New Jersey are both interested apparently, and Kerr wants to trade him to an Eastern Conference team.

He's missed what, 75% of the last 2 seasons and he has 4 more years on his contract? I'm not sure I'd even want to move him for Hughes. If they wanted Hinrich/Nocioni, both of whom have longer lasting contracts, then you might talk me in to something.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
He's missed what, 75% of the last 2 seasons and he has 4 more years on his contract? I'm not sure I'd even want to move him for Hughes. If they wanted Hinrich/Nocioni, both of whom have longer lasting contracts, then you might talk me in to something.

He gives the Bulls exactly what they need though, a low post presence.

With the cap issues the Bulls have, I don't think they're going to be able to get a major FA in 2010, because they just won't have the capspace.

Brand is a risk no doubt, but the Bulls could be a top 4 team in the East with Rose, Deng and Brand possibly.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 4, 2009 -> 09:41 PM)

Hilarious call on TT last night. He missed a dunk, went back up and dunked it again and the refs called him for taking the ball out of the cylinder. I've never seen a call like that.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 05:22 PM)
He gives the Bulls exactly what they need though, a low post presence.

With the cap issues the Bulls have, I don't think they're going to be able to get a major FA in 2010, because they just won't have the capspace.

Brand is a risk no doubt, but the Bulls could be a top 4 team in the East with Rose, Deng and Brand possibly.

I think I am off any brand bandwagon. 2010>Brand

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 5, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)

I would back the truck up for Amare. Pretty much anyone except Rose would be fair game. Draft picks, players, etc. I don't care. Him and Rose playing together would put the Bulls into the top half of the Eastern Confrence.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 08:58 AM)
I would back the truck up for Amare. Pretty much anyone except Rose would be fair game. Draft picks, players, etc. I don't care. Him and Rose playing together would put the Bulls into the top half of the Eastern Confrence.

I wonder if Thomas + Noah + Hughes + 1st round pick for Amare would interest Steve Kerr enough?

More on the subject;

Kerr in previous weeks was adamant that he would not consider a trade involving Stoudemire, but it seems that things are coming unglued far too quickly in Phoenix, and the Suns are at least listening to offers. The belief is the ideal offer would return young talent, still on their rookie deal, some ending contracts, and future draft picks. The team in the best position to make a play for Stoudemire could be the Chicago Bulls that could send Phoenix players they initially coveted in the draft process such as Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas. The Bulls also have the $7.1 million ending contract of Drew Gooden which would be attractive as the Suns try to get under the NBA luxury tax for next season. Add a first round draft pick to the equation and not only does such a deal work under the cap, it might also solve a number of teams problems going forward. The Blazers, HEAT and Raptors are all likely candidates for Amar'e if indeed he is made available.

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 09:40 AM)
A core of Amare, Deng, and Rose would definitely be pretty appealing. The only downside is it felt like Tyrus was starting to finally come into his own, even Noah has been improving as of late.

Tyrus has cock teased us before... if you can get Amare (which we wont) you trade anyone on our roster except Rose and maybe Deng -- who has really picked up his game the last month.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 09:00 AM)
Tyrus has cock teased us before... if you can get Amare (which we wont) you trade anyone on our roster except Rose and maybe Deng -- who has really picked up his game the last month.

Let's assume we make the Noah + Tyrus + cap room for Amare deal. That leaves the Bulls with Aaron Gray as their starting Center.

I wouldn't object to this of course, but that leaves the question...what starting C's are available this offseason as FA?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 6, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
Let's assume we make the Noah + Tyrus + cap room for Amare deal. That leaves the Bulls with Aaron Gray as their starting Center.

I wouldn't object to this of course, but that leaves the question...what starting C's are available this offseason as FA?

Yeah you do what you can to get Amare without moving Deng and Rose.

Maybe then you make the trade to snag Brad Miller...

Miller

Amare

Deng

Gordon

Rose

Now you're onto something...

Do whatever it takes. It's not like the Bulls will have any cap space this off-season anyways, and they'd still have to move Hinrich or Nocioni for an expiring deal to make room for a max deal in 2010. They might as well just do it now, Amare is arguably the best offensive big man in the league, he's still only 26 and would likely be one of our main targets that year anyways.

The problem with Amare is, if you don't run enough plays for him offensively on the pick and roll, he's going to quit on rebounding and defense which is basically what he's done this season.

And he's not a real low post threat, albeit he'd be a huge upgrade on what the Bulls have had.

I still think it's worth it for the Bulls to pull the trigger. If Amare bolts in 2010 to say the Knicks, just go after Chris Bosh instead.