Official Draft Thread

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
I am fine with the pick. Between Beckham and Smoak, it probably came down to utility. At worst Beckham can be a useful utility infielder while Smoak is somewhat limited to 1B/DH duties, which seem to be in abundance.

Good point. But in the top 10, you have to try and get the star. I guess I'm just not as high on Beckham as I was on Smoak but I'll get around to it.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
Yay! We got a right handed hitting version of Chris Getz! Awesome! Who needs a switch hitting power hitter who could be in the bigs by 2010?

I believe Beckham can easily be in the big leagues by 2010. Smoak's value is obviously plummeting.

What I like about this draft is none of the large market teams are going to have a Top 5 talent dropping to them.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
Beckham projects as a More Powerful/Lower Batting Avg. Michael Young...

I can live with that.

I just don't want to see Brett Wallace go to the Twins or Indians.

Cards at 13 is my guess.

QUOTE (heirdog @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 02:01 PM)
Ramirez, Getz, Richar?

Ramirez could play SS.

Getz is an utility man at best.

Richar is the wild card. Needs to start hitting at Charlotte if he wants to get back on the 25 man roster by the end of the season.

haha when we played georgia and beckham was a freshman, we really really really heckled him.....we got some pretty good dirt on him from a guy who knew him in high school....id post it but im not sure it would fly with some of the admins

QUOTE (bullpenHeat @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)
its amazing to me that with the crappy 1b dh types we see on a regular basis suck, that people would be mad that we took a middle infielder who fits our needs exactly.

or we only draft a guy who is "signable". Beckham was a solid pick.

This thread is hilarious.

So many people who've never seen either player in person with such strong feelings.

Beckham is a fine pick and would be one of the most fundamentally sound players on the White Sox RIGHT NOW.

During games all of soxtalk clamors for more line drive hitters who play the game the right way and aren't big base clogging power guys. We draft one of these guys, perfect to round out our lineup and everyone wishes they picked someone else. The sox brass picked the best guy on the board, picked a need for the system and for the big team, and yet its continually second guessed? You people need a reality check.

If some of you guys were dating jessica alba, I'm pretty sure you'd wish you were with someone else.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 02:07 PM)
During games all of soxtalk clamors for more line drive hitters who play the game the right way and aren't big base clogging power guys. We draft one of these guys, perfect to round out our lineup and everyone wishes they picked someone else. The sox brass picked the best guy on the board, picked a need for the system and for the big team, and yet its continually second guessed? You people need a reality check.

If some of you guys were dating jessica alba, I'm pretty sure you'd wish you were with someone else.

I pretty much had only one guy that I didnt want at that pick and that was Castro.