Mariotti cowers when writer confronts him at Wrigley

Jay was at Wrigley on Saturday and one of his Sun-Times brethren came up to him to ask him why Jay blasted him on Chicago Tonight. Jay immediately goes up to a security officer and ask him to arrest this writer. The security guard ask Jay if the writer had touched him and jay answered No. So the Security guard kinda laughed it off and said that there was nothing that he could do. Then Jay proceeds to call the police because he feels he is in trouble althought the writer never hit him or threatened to hit him. Making a long story short, Jay spent the remained of the game in the Wrigley Field Press Cafeteria wetting his pants. WHAT A PUSSY

True story but none of the Parties will ever be able to write about this so I wanted to make sure the public knows this.

QUOTE (palehose23 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 04:04 PM)
The writer but he will remain nameless

That sucks, this will forever remain an unsubstantiated rumor

Hopefully Teddy Greenstein was front and center

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE (palehose23 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 03:57 PM)
Jay was at Wrigley on Saturday and one of his Sun-Times brethren came up to him to ask him why Jay blasted him on Chicago Tonight. Jay immediately goes up to a security officer and ask him to arrest this writer. The security guard ask Jay if the writer had touched him and jay answered No. So the Security guard kinda laughed it off and said that there was nothing that he could do. Then Jay proceeds to call the police because he feels he is in trouble althought the writer never hit him or threatened to hit him. Making a long story short, Jay spent the remained of the game in the Wrigley Field Press Cafeteria wetting his pants. WHAT A PUSSY

True story but none of the Parties will ever be able to write about this so I wanted to make sure the public knows this.

True or not, great story.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 04:05 PM)
That sucks, this will forever remain an unsubstantiated rumor

Hopefully Teddy Greenstein was front and center

I wish I could tell you who it was but the rest of the press box was hip to this yesterday. So keep you ears open to ESPN1000 and the Score because someone might talk about it soon.

QUOTE (palehose23 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 03:09 PM)
I wish I could tell you who it was but the rest of the press box was hip to this yesterday. So keep you ears open to ESPN1000 and the Score because someone might talk about it soon.

If you think about it, the list of people he ripped in that column wasnt all that big. I dont think Mariotti would call the police on a woman, so Slezak is out, and he has already had documented problems with Telander. I honestly think it was Telander or Cowley, and I am going to lean towards Cowley.

We will probably know soon, Mariotti isnt very good about keeping grudges and people he doesnt like out of his columns.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 03:14 PM)
Does anyone watch Chicago Tonight? If anyone does, and saw Mariotti recently rip someone, then there's the tipoff.

Thats probably what started the confrontation in the pressbox. Not only did Mariotti rip his coworkers in print, he went on to do it again on television after all of his colleagues went with "No Comment".