Carlos Quentin has a broken wrist

Steve9347

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 08:38 PM)
Talk about some s***ty news to wake up to. Maybe there's a chance he can come back, but I don't think we can count on him. Like Fathom's been saying, let's just hope he fully recovers.

Hey...at least you just woke up...

at least we have griffey

but seriously, worst news of the year. the only silverlinings are that it happened way way late into the season, and that carlos was super productive while he was healthy

i cant f***ing stand to think that he won't win the MVP now, this blows

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:39 PM)
I disagree completely. How can having one of the best hitters league be out of the lineup make the games more enjoyable to watch? Now we are considerably weakened. Fans in Minnesota have to be celebrating wildly. This is a huge loss and no way will he be back this season. A broken wrist? They should say he's gone for the year. The odds of us winning now are s***. This sucks.

The Twins have overcome injuries to a good right fielder and one of the best set-up men in the league. I doubt the Twins fans are too enthusiastic after the craptacular baseball they've played recently.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:39 PM)
I disagree completely. How can having one of the best hitters league be out of the lineup make the games more enjoyable to watch? Now we are considerably weakened. Fans in Minnesota have to be celebrating wildly. This is a huge loss and no way will he be back this season. A broken wrist? They should say he's gone for the year. The odds of us winning now are s***. This sucks.

Umm. Exactly. We aren't expected to win now. I'm not trying to make this out to be a good thing. Everybody's expectations lower greatly when you lose your best hitter. I won't get nearly as pissed off if we lose because we aren't fighting with all our guns. Sucks, but thats what happens sometimes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
I guess I just don't care if we're expected to win or not. We just lost the best player in the league. I don't care if expectations are lowered. I could see us going into a big funk without him. The guy just lost his chance to be MVP and he's gone.

FICKST!!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:46 PM)
I guess I just don't care if we're expected to win or not. We just lost the best player in the league. I don't care if expectations are lowered. I could see us going into a big funk without him. The guy is MVP and he's gone.

Hahaha. I could see us going in a HUGE funk without him. s*** happens. I want to punch a wall. But at least I won't get as pissed if it does happen

Like I said earlier this type of injury could kill Quentin's power and turn him into a doubles hitter, after a season in which he performs horribly after trying to hit home runs, he'd probably have to try to be a contact hitter. That really sucks. There is a great possibility that this year will turn out to be the best of his career. Look at Derrek Lee from the other side of town: when he hurt his wrist, his power disappeared. This is a repost, but I'm throwing it out there again.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)
It goes against logic, and probably isn't close to true, but I actually agree with this. Having a healthy Dotel-Linebrink-Jenks back end of the bullpen does WONDERS for this team. When the hitters are going right, there is enough offense in the lineup Quentin's loss can be overcome.

Now I don't think Linebrink is healthy, and will have a great impact on this club, but if he does come back strong, this team still has a very legit shot at the post-season.

The pitching had to get better even with CQ at full strength in the lineup to give this team a chance to win. Hopefully the starters come around and Linebrink is healthy and this team shows signs of life and doesn't roll over and die.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
Like I said earlier this type of injury could kill Quentin's power and turn him into a doubles hitter, after a season in which he performs horribly after trying to hit home runs, he'd probably have to try to be a contact hitter. That really sucks. There is a great possibility that this year will turn out to be the best of his career. Look at Derrek Lee from the other side of town: when he hurt his wrist, his power disappeared. This is a repost, but I'm throwing it out there again.

That makes close to zero sense, I guess Longoria wont have any power either?

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)

The more I hear about the injury, the less concerned I am about this type of thing happening to Quentin. Lee was always a doubles hitter, and besides for that one season, he was never a prodigious home run hitter.

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)

not according to our resident doctor here, he says the recovery should be 100%

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 09:04 PM)
Quentin will be fine long term, I'm not worried about that. Wrist injuries are a lot worse on basketball players than baseball players generally. But in the meantime, as one of my best friends said today, "we're f***ed".

I never said we're f***ed :P

I will say this...the more time passes, the more I appreciate 2005.