AND THATS A CENTRAL DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!&#33

kapkomet

Lets not forget how much stronger this team would be if we were at full strength...Joe Crede at 3rd,Jose Contreras so we wouldn't have to start Javy,a healthy Scott Linebrink and of course our MVP CQ,this team would be so much stronger but we gotta do with what we got so let's go Sox!!!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 07:50 PM)
Well, that was the greatest game I've ever attended. My knees are sore from standing 90 pct of the time. The bottom of the 8th seemed to last forever. Ozzie managed a fantastic game. I wonder if he'll bench Griffey vs Kazmir.

You were missed in the game thread. Good job at the game.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)
they played it once during the celebrating for a few seconds.

Livin' on a Prayer (like i said... ahem) was blasted for a long while during the 7th

don't know what song was played during the initial celebration... i was yelling too much.

I still Like Back in Black as in the Black(good guys) are back in the playoffs. Plus the lyrics are pretty good for a winner.

Danks (our ace, as I've said), Jenks, AJ, Thome, Griffey, and Anderson.

I read every post. What an enjoyable thread.

What a great game to watch all the way through. But 1-0? You gotta be kidding me. Who'd have thought that?

When Juan hit the line drive fly out to left leaving two runners on base, I couldn't help but wonder if the "piranhas" would scrape together a couple runs and beat us.

But like you said ... Danks (amazing).

AJ (holding onto that ball on the tag was monumental. Don't know how the ball didn't pop out or even his glove fall off).

Thome (just what you'd expect that one of our veterans would come through big time).

Griffey (excellent one hop throw; amazing tag by AJP and one for the ages shot of him sticking the ball out at the baserunner; classic!)

Anderson (wow, I can only imagine what it was like at the Cell when he read the fly ball perfectly and laid it out there; had to be once in a lifetime feeling for the fans there; tell us more about it those of you who were there!!)

Jenks ... wow. He was perfect. Dominating ninth inning.

Ozzie ... my gosh. He's the leader of the pack. Again there could have been second guessing if we lost. Give him his due when we win. Nice job Ozzie all the way through.

Fans ... great job. Got up for it several times I'm sure helping Jenks and Danks.

Congrats especially to you fans who told us who were so depressed and mad and wanted to jump off buildings after the 3 losses to the Twins and 2 losses to the Tribe who kept the faith.

I was so down and mad and depressed that we couldn't man up and take the division.

Some of you had the faith. Way to go!

Sorry some of us brought you down, but it was tough to take.

Great job White Sox and Oz. I frankly could care less if Javy is starting. He is on the team and needs to man up like the rest of our starters. By him starting everybody else will be back on normal rest I believe. Whatever ... we're big underdogs. Hopefully we'll stay hot, but I'm OK with Javy pitching. It's up to him to do the job.

GO SOX!!!

Those of you who drink, have a beer tonight. I just went out and got some Miller Lite. Have to toast the team tonite!

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
BTW, having Kubel hit for Gomez was terrible. I know Gomez isn't very good, but he can get on with the bunt or infield single and that would be an automatic double.

Yeah, that was as if Ron Gardenhire had become Ozzie Guillen with that decision. Why not save Kubel to bat for Casilla? I was so happy when I saw Kubel up there...

As for BA's catch...that was nothing....Brian makes that catch in his sleep.

At least we'll see Swish starting game 1.

Oh My f***ing God. That was f***ing amazing.

I finally feel justified in saying Anderson plus Thome >>>>>>> Rowand and Thomas.

Johnny f***ing Danks is f***ing unbelievable. What a time to man the f*** up and pitch like a f***ing champion. Danks and Floyd, I am now very excited beyond October.

Thome and Junior realizing this is their last realistic shot at a ring and stepping it up.

OC, god how I hate you, but I love you right now for that defense, especially the ball that went off of Danks's glove.

Ozzie, perfect call in pitching running for Griffey and bringing in Jenks.

Mark and Gavin, thank you for giving us this chance. You to Alexei.

I don't know what else to say......

WOWOWOWOWOWWOWOW!!! I can't believe it and I was at the game!!! What a game by Danksy. My goodness... Our SPs are one of the best and if we could just get some bullpen support and a little bit more of an all or nothing offense we can be tough to beat.

I have to say this f*** YOU TWINS!!!!

YYYYESSSS!!!!

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
Holy f***ing s***.

I can't even describe my feelings from the game tonight. Just an incredible place to be tonight. I give myself, along with the rest of the crowd, a HUGE pat on the back.

There are just so many subplots that go with it. The two Hall of Famers putting this team on their back. The two kids in Danks and Floyd stepping their s*** up.

Ugh, I can't even type right now.

After celebrating winning for a bit I got huge heaches anytime I screamed and now my throat hurts like s***! Too bad! I'd do it again any day and I ditched school!!! HAHAHA

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
BTW, having Kubel hit for Gomez was terrible. I know Gomez isn't very good, but he can get on with the bunt or infield single and that would be an automatic double.

Fathom, I was at the game, too -- and thought the same thing about PH for Gomez. Jenks doesn't hold runners well, so Gomez and Span were threats for that reason.

Still, the way Bobby was throwing, I don't think anyone had much of a chance. Great to see that -- and probably made possible by scoring a couple extra yesterday so Bobby didn't have to be used.

If Javy mans up, I feel really good about this team. Ozzie knows how to put this team in a position to keep runs off the board in the late innings (with a lead, get Anderson in CF in the 7th or 8th), and the bullpen is starting to come back together. Jenks looked phenominal, Thornton is still dealing, Linebrink looked untouchable against Detroit, and if Carrasco and Dotel can just hold the fort down while Ramirez can be a decent LOOGY, I like the bullpen.

I still want Wise out of the lineup, but it is what it is. He's completely overmatched by major league pitching. Late inning switch taking PK out and moving Swisher to 1B with Wise in LF is fine by me, but I don't think I'll get my wish.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:49 PM)
I still haven't wrapped my head around what Danks actually did tonight. Incredible.

Ditto. I think John Danks is a very good pitcher, but if you were to have told me before the game he would throw eight shutout innings on three days rest, I would have laughed in your face.

Edited by Sox It To Em

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 30, 2008 -> 11:45 PM)
Fathom, I was at the game, too -- and thought the same thing about PH for Gomez. Jenks doesn't hold runners well, so Gomez and Span were threats for that reason.

Still, the way Bobby was throwing, I don't think anyone had much of a chance. Great to see that -- and probably made possible by scoring a couple extra yesterday so Bobby didn't have to be used.

I'm sure Gardy's thought process was their down by a run so why not bring in a left handed hitter with power that could tie it up. Had he hit a homer it would've worked out. Good thing he didn't and that's that.