Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays ALCS Thread

kjshoe04

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone claiming they hate bandwagon fans imagine how they have to feel...they have never won mroe than 70 games in a year. THink about that.

no doubt, i check my facebook, so many chicks and s*** "OMG GO RAYS" etc. etc. past week, whack

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
Good game. It was weird i was nervous for a team i had no rooting interest for. Sox had to make it interesting

i was the same way, and i couldn't help but smile during the celebration. they're about to be a tough team for a long time, that's true.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 10:54 PM)
Nah, it was close though. Everyone for Garza or did Upton get hosed? I dunno it tough

i'd agree w/ Garza cuz it's the Red Sox, that's a powerful lineup. to shut them down TWICE in a series, especially in a game 7, is deserving.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Oct 19, 2008 -> 09:38 PM)
THe Rays are going to be good for a whiel as that rotation is loaded and they have more in the miinors.

For anyone claiming they hate bandwagon fans imagine how they have to feel...they have never won mroe than 70 games in a year. THink about that.

WHERE IS DICKIE V!!!!!!!

And for the TRUE Tampa fans, I congratulate them. For the ones that didn't even know the team existed until August that now claim to be diehard fans, they can burn in hell. And they all know who they are.

everyone in here talking about how good the Rays will be next year because of what they have accomplished,hold on to your horses,I remember this same talk about the 2006 Tigers,that young pitching staff was going to be lights out for years and look whats happened to them...just because you re successful one year doesn't gaurantee anything for the next so let's not claim that the Rays are the next 20's Yankees.

Tough loss for Boston. It shows how terribly hard it is to come back from 3-1 against a damn good team. Bosox had plenty of chances as we did. Some sluggers were up with a man on base in late innings with chances to hit the White Sox all or nothing type dinger to tie it. Like us, they failed. Tough loss when you have that kind of payroll.

I would think Bosox fans are mighty pissed. It's changed in Beantown since they started spending like mad and winning. Some damn good high paid players made outs against that no name reliever at the end.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 12:44 AM)
Tough loss for Boston. It shows how terribly hard it is to come back from 3-1 against a damn good team. Bosox had plenty of chances as we did. Some sluggers were up with a man on base in late innings with chances to hit the White Sox all or nothing type dinger to tie it. Like us, they failed. Tough loss when you have that kind of payroll.

I would think Bosox fans are mighty pissed. It's changed in Beantown since they started spending like mad and winning. Some damn good high paid players made outs against that no name reliever at the end.

David Price was the #1 pick in last years draft and will probably be a household name in the not to distant future.

just got back from the game.

left at 4pm and got home at 230 am.

Get to the stadium and start walking the mile to the dome. Halfway there I'm texting a friend and not paying attention then WHAM! I fall down after stepping in a pothole. Heard a snap but I get up and I continue to limp the half mile to the park.

Of course we're on the wrong side of the stadium so more limping. Then I limp all the way up to row Y in the upper deck. Game starts, fun as hell. Very loud. Ankle starts to swell up. Game over so I start my limping back to the car. Takes forever to get back to the car. Drive about 45 minutes and I cant move my toes anymore. Pull over for medicine.

So I get home and take off my socks and my ankle looks like a black and blue tennis ball. Def. broken. Atleast I'll get a week off or so from work.

Hopefully the swelling goes down by Wed. and I win tickets to game 1.

Worse part of the day was when I fell and my cell fell out of my hand. Now my Dare has a scratch mark on the screen. I'm more pissed about that than anything else.

PS---I'm so jealous of all you guys who got to go to those games in 2005. I like the Rays b/c they are close and I want them to win now that the Sox are out but I can only imagine what it would be like to see my favorite team playing in games like this.