Bruce Levine on ESPN 1000

beck72

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Santo that's giving up too much. Floyd had a great year and is showing the promise people felt he had. Poreda could be a standout as well. Fields also may still be a good pro. Zito was perhaps the worst starter in the history of baseball last season (except for Kip Wells every season).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 26, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
Santo that's giving up too much. Floyd had a great year and is showing the promise people felt he had. Poreda could be a standout as well. Fields also may still be a good pro. Zito was perhaps the worst starter in the history of baseball last season (except for Kip Wells every season).

Jaime Navarro blames his offense for you forgetting about him...

Shot in the dark. Detroit Press has been saying Maggs is going to be traded for salary relief. I would LOVE to have Maggs as our DH or as a replacement for Dye if he is traded. Maggs still has alot of hitting left in him and is a contact guy that this team would benefit from in the middle of the order, especially behind Q.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 11:46 AM)
Shot in the dark. Detroit Press has been saying Maggs is going to be traded for salary relief. I would LOVE to have Maggs as our DH or as a replacement for Dye if he is traded. Maggs still has alot of hitting left in him and is a contact guy that this team would benefit from in the middle of the order, especially behind Q.

Don't tease me that way.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 11:46 AM)

They will NEVER patch things up from the past circumstances.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 10:24 PM)
sox are more likely get thomas retire here on one day contract then maggs ever wanting step back here

Maggs has virtually no choice in the matter. He may not want back, but if the Sox traded for him, he'd be back and then he could demand for a trade the next offseason.

QUOTE (SEALgep @ Oct 28, 2008 -> 09:18 PM)
Winning cures all - even in this case

Winning the World Series didn't bring Frank back, and there was way more bad blood in this case. Maggs called everyone in the organization a liar and bascially a cheat. I don't think that has been forgotten by the people who pull the strings.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 01:54 PM)
Winning the World Series didn't bring Frank back, and there was way more bad blood in this case. Maggs called everyone in the organization a liar and bascially a cheat. I don't think that has been forgotten by the people who pull the strings.

Ozzie had some nice parting shots in 1997. I don't think Maggs will be back, but I don't think he's as persona non grata as you believe.

Maggs is just so much better of a hitter than alot of what we have in our lineup now. He would be an unreal DH. He would be a GREAT player to hit behind Q.

in Xbox terms, lets say alot of the trades mentioned on here come to fruition, plus maybe a few weird ones.

1. Figgins 3B (2B)

2. Lexi SS

3. Q LF

4. Maggs DH

5. Dye RF

6. Swish 1B

7. AJP C

8. Atkins 2B (3B)

9. insert your CF here

I dont know, something of the sort.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 02:37 PM)
Maggs is just so much better of a hitter than alot of what we have in our lineup now. He would be an unreal DH. He would be a GREAT player to hit behind Q.

AND he'd have to cut his hair due to team rules, and thusly he'd be way cool again.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 29, 2008 -> 02:40 PM)
AND he'd have to cut his hair due to team rules, and thusly he'd be way cool again.

Back when I had my season tickets in the bleachers, I have fond memories of Maggs constantly hitting the ball into the gap in front of my seats in section 160.

Magglio is not going anywhere and even if he does it will definitely not be here! I don't care if he hits .300, his attitude sucks and there is still friction in this organization on this matter. Let's talk about something that is somewhat realistic here please!!