Catch-All Anything Thread

knightni

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 06:10 PM)
I am the most hungover of all. I think it's actually kind of annoying when people talk about being hungover, but it makes the person feel so much better and the hangover less intense.

A lot to drink and mass vomiting later in the night. Ouch.

Fixed.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 25, 2009 -> 06:39 PM)
That Jagermeister stuff is just about the most vile concoction ever made. It seems almost every evening discussed on here that involves the stuff ends up with puking and a horrible hangover.

I avoid that cr@p like the liquid plague it is, and I am much the better for it.

Agreed. Shots of things like Zambucca don't do it for me either.

I just stick to beers now, unless I want to get majorly smashed, then I'll go for Vodka.

Part of the reason I quit getting really drunk was because the hangovers were so awful. I got worse hangovers than anyone I know. I'm not saying I drank the most, but my hangovers lasted a full 24 hours. A couple of times my GFs almost took me to the ER.

Say I went out on a Sat night, got home like 3 am, passed out, woke up at 10 am Sun, would feel like puking but would be unable to, would roll around in my bed, then get up, then back to bed, then get up, over and over again. Finally at like 3 pm Sunday afternoon, would finally puke...then the headache, twitching and cold sweats would kick in. That would last until about 8pm, followed by a greasy meal and lots of water. In the bed by 11 pm. Would feel fine by Monday morning.

When I see people at work or functioning properly and complaining about a hangover, I laugh. That is not a hangover.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 02:08 AM)
Part of the reason I quit getting really drunk was because the hangovers were so awful. I got worse hangovers than anyone I know. I'm not saying I drank the most, but my hangovers lasted a full 24 hours. A couple of times my GFs almost took me to the ER.

Say I went out on a Sat night, got home like 3 am, passed out, woke up at 10 am Sun, would feel like puking but would be unable to, would roll around in my bed, then get up, then back to bed, then get up, over and over again. Finally at like 3 pm Sunday afternoon, would finally puke...then the headache, twitching and cold sweats would kick in. That would last until about 8pm, followed by a greasy meal and lots of water. In the bed by 11 pm. Would feel fine by Monday morning.

When I see people at work or functioning properly and complaining about a hangover, I laugh. That is not a hangover.

...or maybe they can just handle it better...

:P :D

QUOTE (SoxFan101 @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 05:11 AM)
Thats nothing, 3 people per case. I split one with just my buddy.

A friend and I ate 50 each once. Once. Nothing like becomeing intimately familiar with my bathroom for 3 days straight.

So as I was walking to work there was a group of soldiers rehearsing for a funeral, of course if you've ever seen that you would know it goes "ready, aim, FIRE" where they all fire blanks at once. Well about halfway between my car and the door they fired, and it was their first shot together so it sounded sloppy i.e. spaced apart instead of one smooth crack. My stomach jumped and I got ready to duck because I had no idea they were there until I saw them a couple seconds later and calmed down. My co-worker clowned on me a bit but I had to tell him "hey, I'm from the south side of Chicago, that kind of thing actually happens on a bad day." It doesn't help matters for me that I've actually been fired on in combat and it triggers flashbacks.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 05:36 AM)
A friend and I ate 50 each once. Once. Nothing like becomeing intimately familiar with my bathroom for 3 days straight.

I can tear through white castles & not even see the bathroom once...I wonder what it is.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 07:16 AM)
So as I was walking to work there was a group of soldiers rehearsing for a funeral, of course if you've ever seen that you would know it goes "ready, aim, FIRE" where they all fire blanks at once. Well about halfway between my car and the door they fired, and it was their first shot together so it sounded sloppy i.e. spaced apart instead of one smooth crack. My stomach jumped and I got ready to duck because I had no idea they were there until I saw them a couple seconds later and calmed down. My co-worker clowned on me a bit but I had to tell him "hey, I'm from the south side of Chicago, that kind of thing actually happens on a bad day." It doesn't help matters for me that I've actually been fired on in combat and it triggers flashbacks.

While I haven't been fired upon in any type of military action, I have been shot at by gangs, so I get what you are saying. You KNOW the difference between a gunshot and other types of bangs, and you react.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 12:26 PM)
While I haven't been fired upon in any type of military action, I have been shot at by gangs, so I get what you are saying. You KNOW the difference between a gunshot and other types of bangs, and you react.

yeah you never forget it. It's like "I know a gunshot when I hear it."

leonardo.jpg

Picked him up at Target last night. ^_^

Still deciding whether to give him to my 5-year-old brother as he liked the CGI movie a lot when it came out and got a bunch of the toys, but then again, he seems to have moved on to other toys. Leo is his favorite too. :)

Brings back a lot memories. Too tempting to keep him for myself. <_>

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
leonardo.jpg

Still deciding whether to give him to my 5-year-old brother as he liked the CGI movie a lot when it came out and got a bunch of the toys, but then again, he seems to have moved on to other toys. Leo is his favorite too. :)

LOL, Image DENIED by the ninja turtles

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
leonardo.jpg

They're re-releasing the turtle van as well...that's an instant buy for me.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 03:45 AM)
...or maybe they can just handle it better...

:P :D

Hey, if anyone experienced what I went through and still made it to work, theyr'e a much bigger man than me.

By the way, have been in and out of the bathroom since 2am with food poisoning, just got up now. Would have gone to urgent care if I didn't think I was gonna s*** my pants on the way there.

What's safe to eat? I've been washing down unsalted crackers with ginger ale, but all that came up about 45 mins. ago. Any other suggestions?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)
Hey, if anyone experienced what I went through and still made it to work, theyr'e a much bigger man than me.

By the way, have been in and out of the bathroom since 2am with food poisoning, just got up now. Would have gone to urgent care if I didn't think I was gonna s*** my pants on the way there.

What's safe to eat? I've been washing down unsalted crackers with ginger ale, but all that came up about 45 mins. ago. Any other suggestions?

Nothing. Just drink water as much as you can and wait it out. Eventually you'll feel better (I know, I've been there, food poisoning f***ing blows)

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 26, 2009 -> 07:12 PM)

Popsicles...

They don't really fill you up, but at least they're flavored. Other than water and crackers, I don't really know what to tell you.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 27, 2009 -> 03:13 AM)
Still need to puke something out. Any suggested vomit inducing tips besides the finger down the throat?

syrup of ipecac

Edited by kyyle23